Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

BOOM! Angel #8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Angel #8

First look!

Back in Los Angeles, TEAM SPIKE—Spike, Fred, and Gunn—are doing their best to stem the tide of evil that Hellmouth has unleashed, but the city is being overwhelmed. In order to save their city, Fred must decide whether to fight off the darkness inside her…or embrace it.
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 16-12-19, 09:36 PM.

What is written on Spikes shirt?
    I love the page of Fred growing up. This kind of panelling is becoming a bit over used in the Buffy comics, do they do this in every comic? I like it, it definitely has impact.
    Love The Master, he's perfect.
    So Angel saves all his old costumes?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      What is written on Spikes shirt?
      Taking back Sunnydale.

I love the page of Fred growing up. This kind of panelling is becoming a bit over used in the Buffy comics, do they do this in every comic? I like it, it definitely has impact.
      They did the same thing for Willow. I just mentioned how I thought Fred's story was kinda Willow-ish.

So Angel saves all his old costumes?
      He not only kept them, but he brought them to America. One of them seems to be from Japan.

Comment

Taking back Sunnydale
        Spike has some team t-shirts printed!

They did the same thing for Willow. I just mentioned how I thought Fred's story was kinda Willow-ish.
        I always thought of Fred as the Willow of AtS and they've recreated that for the comics.

He not only kept them, but he brought them to America. One of them seems to be from Japan.
        How did Spike know they were there? Why would a souled vampire keep all his old killing paraphernalia? That just seems really weird, as though he's asking for hunters to find him and punish him.

Comment

I always thought of Fred as the Willow of AtS and they've recreated that for the comics.
          They are, but at the same time, I think they are less similar than you would think. They obviously fit a sort of similar slot on the rooster as the quirky science-girl. But they are also very different.

How did Spike know they were there? Why would a souled vampire keep all his old killing paraphernalia? That just seems really weird, as though he's asking for hunters to find him and punish him.
          To me, the biggest question is how (and why) he managed to haul it all to America. He was cursed by some druid looking person, so that presumably happened in Britain.

Comment

We don't deserve Gleb Melnikov

Comment

To me, the biggest question is how (and why) he managed to haul it all to America. He was cursed by some druid looking person, so that presumably happened in Britain.
              i don't necessarily think he was cursed in the UK. There were mystical druids everywhere I expect

Comment

Preview:

Comment

This is by far my favourite issue, yet.

All the interesting thing seems to be with Spike. There are two peculiar frames. One zooms in on a stigmata wound through Spike's hand. Another is Spike looking at a blood splatter that seems to depict the Deeper Well. Spike was of course the one to say, "There's a hole in the world," as Fred is turned into Illyria. Now Fred is once again possessed by a dangerous power.

The old Spike would never say that, "Life and love are cheap," not even in his darkest moments. Love has always been Spike's only constant.

We see Spike be a bona fide bad ass for the first time, which is a little jarring.

The art is really great.
                  Last edited by Willow from Buffy; 18-12-19, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I don't understand why Gunn is asking Spike what if feels like to kill someone, when he knows Spike is soulless and therefore has no deeper feelings about it. I think the writers are really confused about who these characters are and the story they want to tell. If Spike can fight on the side of good because . . . Lilith tells him to?? Then why is Buffy killing other vampires who could do the same.

Why did W&H send three assassins with machine guns to kill a vampire? Spike can now do magic? All pretty ridiculous and NMS (not my Spike) but a fun read.

The fact Spike never learnt to drive is a bit odd, how did he get to LA? Spike talks like a jaded old man who's seen far too much. He is definitely the star of this issue and looks great being ripped to shreds by bullets.
                    Last edited by Priceless; 18-12-19, 07:45 PM.

Comment

So far the Boom! Angel series has been more entertaining than the Buffy one. I liked this issue, even though with every new release it's becoming really different from original canon. Maybe I should take it as fanfic with pictures.

Comment

I stopped paying attention to the Angel side after the Lilith handwave at the end of the first arc.

Wonder how long it'll go before a change up. Hellmouth #2 fell a disastrous 10K from the first issue. Buffy 9 outsold it by 3K. The main characters beat by the bench squad. Embarrassing.

Comment

This is actually a really good issue. As usual there are a lot of unanswered questions, but the Spike stuff is pretty good. And no Lilith which is always a bonus.

I'm really surprised Buffy outsold Hellmouth, because the Buffy issues are not good, though Buffy (the character) in Hellmouth lacks all personality, so I guess it's six of one . . . I think there must be a lot of Willow and Xander fans who are invested in those characters in BtVS.

Comment

I quite liked this one. Not enough to buy it but enough to read it. This Spike's okay. Does he know there's another Spike masquerading as him in the other comics?
                            sigpic

Comment

I guess I will pick the Angel books up again. I liked how it started, giving Angel a backstory instead of wholly relying on us viewing him as the original to form an opinion. Then they just snapped their fingers and did away with an interesting storyline.

The sales don't surprise me all that much. Hellmouth 1 wasn't very good.

Hellmouth #1 24,723 (Oct)
                              Angel #6 11,133 (Oct)
                              Hellmouth #2 13,532 (Nov)
                              Buffy #9 16,237 (Nov)
                              Angel #7 9,582 (Nov)

Firefly outsold all 3 books. 17,362 (Nov)

the Buffy issues are not good, though Buffy (the character) in Hellmouth lacks all personality, so I guess it's six of one
                              The writing of the mains has been the problem since the beginning at DH. The books always appear to be written toward the fandom crowd. Normies actually like Buffy and Angel as characters. Fandoms are vocal minority.

Comment

Working...
                              X