• BOOM! Angel #7

Gleb Melnikov's Spike from Angel #7

I can't see the image.

Comment

Try changing browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by redtent View Post
        I can't see the image.
        Sorry redtent, I'm not techie enough to make it viewable to you. Hope changing you browser as Silver 1 suggested, has helped? Personally I don't think you're missing much

Comment

Yes, it helped. Thank you.

Comment

So... Spike sees something that startles him?

flow
            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
              So... Spike sees something that startles him?

flow
              I read that as annoyance.

Comment

Left is annoyance, but the pic on the right looks more like surprise.

Comment

I agree he looks impatient/annoyed on the left but there's a sneer alongside the slight surprise in the right one too. So I think there's surprised disbelief and derision in the right. It's almost like he's been told to wait for something and is bored then sees what he's been made to wait for and is surprised/irritated. I'm not suggesting I've randomly worked out the wider scene I hasten to add, I'm just giving an example for how the expressions read to me. It's really interesting hearing how the visual conveys meaning to different viewers when we don't have the context.

Comment

I imagine Gunn or Fred have told him something that annoyed him, then he realised they were human and therefore stupid and he doesn't have to listen to them, then realises they are right

Comment

Ha perhaps. I think there is a note of surprise that is probably directed at whatever he turns and sees though. If it was BtVS I would assume it was Xander making some sarcastic remark or walking in suggesting they wear some 'undercover' clothes that fill Spike with horror at the thought.

Comment

Yes, there's that thing about how actors don't have to act, because it is the context within the story, the juxtaposition with other shots, music, etc that decides how the audience reads an expression.

If I were to guess, I would assume the dialogue is something like this:

Frame 1: "You wanna know what that bitch did?"
                        Frame 2: "She straight up stabbed me!"

Your eyes often moves up to the side as you are preparing a point, and then they come back forward as you land it.

All my previous guesses have been wrong. The worst one was concerning the Willow, Rose, Cordelia scene, where I thought they were foreshadowing Rose as jealous and possibly abusive. So, take this with a grain of salt

Comment

First look is up!

Comment

I thought that was Lilith in the helicopter with Fred, but it's not. It could be Lilah. The artists is having difficulty differentiating the characters.

I do like the colours and love the page where it's raining blood.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

"Lilah Morgan makes her first appearance as she kidnaps Fred for a heart-to-heart. Meanwhile, with Angel stuck in the Hellmouth, Gunn, Spike, and Lilah are trying to save Los Angeles from the effects of the HELLMOUTH but they’re going to need a bit of expert help from a particular karaoke-loving demon who runs a special club downtown —Lorne makes his first appearance in Angel #7 as everything goes to hell for Team Spike!

Created by visionary writer and director Joss Whedon (Marvel’s The Avengers film franchise), Angel premiered on the WB Network on October 5th, 1999 and was a spin-off from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The series ran for five seasons from 1999–2004, starring David Boreanaz as Angel, the tortured vampire destined to walk the earth with a soul who moved to LA to set up shop as a supernatural private investigator. Despite Angel’s best efforts to deal with the sins of his past all by himself, Angel Investigations soon became home to other lost souls searching for redemption and willing to fight by his side."

Angel #7 hits comic stores on November 27th.

Comment

Working...
                              X