No announcement yet.

BOOM! Angel #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is so weird to have BtVS monsters as Angel covers. Was Angel even in "Nightmares"? He certainly wasn't in the Gnarl episode.

Comment

It's disappointing, as it makes it obvious that the artists have never seen the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        It's disappointing, as it makes it obvious that the artists have never seen the show.
        Nah, this must be a deliberate choice. It is just a kinda odd deliberate choice. It as though they were commissioned to be used for BtVS, but then they realised that they had too many covers already.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
          Nah, this must be a deliberate choice. It is just a kinda odd deliberate choice. It as though they were commissioned to be used for BtVS, but then they realised that they had too many covers already.
          You're being too kind. I doubt most of these artists have seen AtS, or they don't think the audience for these comics has seen the show and are only buying them because they are Buffy fans.

Comment

You're being too kind. I doubt most of these artists have seen AtS, or they don't think the audience for these comics has seen the show and are only buying them because they are Buffy fans.
            They have to watch the episodes to make the artwork. And the artwork is good. Hiding the creature inside Lucky 19's shadows demonstrate that some thinking has gone into it. They didn't simply copy a screencap.

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood. Do you mean that they haven't seen AtS, and so they just make BtVS monsters, hoping on one would notice? It wouldn't be that hard for them to find a AtS bestiary. They could just do a google search.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
              They have to watch the episodes to make the artwork. And the artwork is good. Hiding the creature inside Lucky 19's shadows demonstrate that some thinking has gone into it. They didn't simply copy a screencap.

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood. Do you mean that they haven't seen AtS, and so they just make BtVS monsters, hoping on one would notice? It wouldn't be that hard for them to find a AtS bestiary. They could just do a google search.
              Yes, I meant that the artists haven't seen AtS. But I think it's more Boom Studios thinking their audience would be more into BtVS than AtS, and would remember the Buffy monsters better, so they keep pushing the Buffy monsters rather than the Angel monsters.

I wonder if they find it harder to produce AtS monsters, because the main monsters were W&H and they were human. Or in S4 Cordy was the monster. Are AtS monsters more 'human' or less memorable? Plus they have two fewer seasons to work with, so less monsters to choose from.

Comment

PREVIEW!!!

Comment

Gunn asks a very good question of Lilith - she's all powerful, why doesn't she just close the Hellmouth? What is her motivation for anything?

Comment

Loving the panel of Spike in the chair, even if he's a bit tame the snark and attitude isn't entirely absent.

Comment

Impatient sexy one, huh? Right there with you, buddy! Anyway, that bit about desire and will and Baphomet is interesting because it suggests that beliefs shape reality - that's a pretty big deal lore-wise. And yeah, the dialog is on point, that's the Spike-est Spike we've seen so far!

Comment

Wenxina's review for todays BOOM! Angel # 7.

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/pr...ic-book-review

Comment

I think it's a pity that Fred is connected more to magic then to science. It would be nice to have one female character who was into science and logic rather than emotion and magic. We already have Willow and Lilith for this.

Comment

I think it's a pity that Fred is connected more to magic then to science. It would be nice to have one female character who was into science and logic rather than emotion and magic. We already have Willow and Lilith for this.
                            Good point, especially since the conversation between Lilah and Fred feels very similar to the conversation between D'Hoffryn and Willow. It feels very much like a Willow story and not much like a Fred story.

Comment

On the one hand I can kinda see the similarity, but on the other hand Willow has never been the magically-inclined-since-childhood-chosen-one so I think that it's a slightly different vibe. Anyway, this issue is really awesome. My favorite thing about it is that a) Charles spits some sick bars and b) Lorne already follows him on soundcloud. Amazing.

Comment

Not a lot happened, it was all more set-up. Fred's dialogue was very much like Dawn's 'I don't think I can be good . . .'
                                Lilith is still a problem. She is a powerful demon. I'm hoping they reveal that W&H hold her powers in a vault and that's why she's going up against them . . . or something

Liked the art, especially the colours. This comic does look good.

Comment

Working...
                                X