Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom! Buffy #9

The first preview is up:

The events of the historic Buffy and Angel event, HELLMOUTH, have left the town of Sunnydale without its Slayer. And since Buffy’s missing in action, it’s up to the All-New Scooby Gang of Cordelia, Robin, Willow and Xander to save everyone in town. There’s just one problem—the Hellmouth is spreading evil throughout the city, putting everyone under its thrall. As the inhabitants of Sunnydale turn on one another, will the Scooby Gang be enough to save the town from utter chaos and destruction?
    Trash panda stole my burrito! ~ Alexander Harris

This looks very promising. Poor Xander. Finally, we will get to explore his newfound vampiness.

Giles has stubble and sweaty beads running down his brow. The red moon reminds me of the one behind Drusilla on that early cover (was it issue #2?).

Comment

Oh, so Buffy is completely gone now in her own comic series?

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
        Oh, so Buffy is completely gone now in her own comic series?

flow
        Not really. Dru has opened the Hellmouth and she and Angel have jumped into it, so they're missing in action.

I like seeing Xander and Giles arguing. Doesn't the library look great, virtually the same as the show. The racoon is just too silly, but I like that Xander is still alone and possibly lonely, so becoming a vampire and only having half a soul hasn't changed that for him.

Comment

So here's the proper preview, different pages than in the first look!

Comment

This seems *very* promising. It feels like we're slowing down a bit and picking up old thread. Still, I have so many questions... how did Buffy manage to convince Joyce she had to go on a school trip? Why is Spike hiding with Cordelia? What's he hiding from? Why didn't he just go to LA straight away? Where are all those giant monsters we saw get loose?

I really like the art. I don't get the complaints.

Comment

I just love that Willow goes all while playing Cuphead, the game has that effect on people. Also, Rose is awesome, I'd die for her avatar!

Comment

I think it is supposed to be Cordelia thinking she is seeing Spike when out shopping and then realising that it is someone else, a random bleach-haired moustached guy instead??

Comment

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
                  I just love that Willow goes all while playing Cuphead, the game has that effect on people. Also, Rose is awesome, I'd die for her avatar!
                  I hate games like that. It is as fun as hitting your head against the wall.

I have been worrying about Rose since the start of the series, because, due to Tara's popularity, Rose must be a placeholder character. I hope they do Rose justice, before they eventually do away with her.

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                  I think it is supposed to be Cordelia thinking she is seeing Spike when out shopping and then realising that it is someone else, a random bleach-haired moustached guy instead??
                  *facepalm* I completely missed that she was at a store. She even seems to have a nametag, so I guess this is April's Fools. I thought she was doing laundry or something

Still, though, doesn't that seem more like Spike with fake chest hair and mustache? The Angel-trich in "Freshman" worked, because Angel's look is less specific. And they found someone who looked vaguely like Angel. They didn't put a fake mustache on David Boreanaz.

It would make more story-sense for it to not be Spike, but the guy looks a bit too much like Spike
                  Last edited by Willow from Buffy; 02-11-19, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it does look like he has a silly disguise on, but I think it's definitely supposed to be someone else. The jacket and hair are supposed to be the 'out the corner of your eye' similarities I think. But the guy lacks the cheekbones too. It's just unfortunate that the moustache and chest hair are choices that could be stick-ons.

Comment

I mean, on one hand Spike's supposed to be in LA, jumping from buildings and fighting Baphometh and whatnot but on the other hand, wearing a fake-ass mustache to conceal his identity is one of those completely dumb things Spike would totally do.

Comment

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
                        I mean, on one hand Spike's supposed to be in LA, jumping from buildings and fighting Baphometh and whatnot but on the other hand, wearing a fake-ass mustache to conceal his identity is one of those completely dumb things Spike would totally do.
                        Yes, that's exactly it. A moustache is slightly less ridiculous and conspicuous than a tweed suit and deer-stalker.

Comment

I like the closer look at personal relationships and people's feelings. I also thought Cordy was doing her washing

I'm still bothered by the 'they' instead of 'she'.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
                            Yes, that's exactly it. A moustache is slightly less ridiculous and conspicuous than a tweed suit and deer-stalker.
                            Not that moustache.

The whole thing with Cordelia looking surprised/pleased and then disappointed as he goes by is because she thought it was him and then saw it wasn't I'm sure (well as sure as I can be without reading it all). Rather than him snubbing her whilst randomly shopping I think it is about her worries about what has happened to him, why she hasn't seen him (presumably not knowing what had happened to him for 'good or bad', to go along with what is being said over the panels).

Comment

I hope they turn that guy into a recurring character. Spike may say something like, "I am the OG rebel, luv. There's no one like me, pet," and the guy walks by him, just like in "Lie to Me."

Or Spike drops his bottle of nail polish. He crawls after it under a table, where he meets the guy looking for his mustache wax.

Comment

Working...
                              X