BOOM! Hellmouth Buffy/Angel Crossover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Hellmouth Buffy/Angel Crossover

Not sure who's going to be reading the Hellmouth crossover comic, but here is the publishing timetable

How are they having individual issues along with the crossover event? Especially on the Angel front since he's kinda the only character.

Comment

Originally posted by HardlyThere View Post
      How are they having individual issues along with the crossover event? Especially on the Angel front since he's kinda the only character.
      He's not the only character now, he's got Lilith and Fred, but Gunn will soon be joining the team.

Boom are milking this for as much as they can

Comment

Well colour me confused. I've really lost the plot (no "story" pun intended) with this.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          He's not the only character now, he's got Lilith and Fred, but Gunn will soon be joining the team

I don't doubt they are milking. It does not surprise me. What does is their apparent thinking that Gunn, Fred and an OC are going to carry a title. Though it does seem as though they are going on hiatus after 8.

Comment

Aren't they moving Spike to LA? Dru just stabbed him in the gullet, so maybe he needs some alone time.

Comment

I haven't been commenting but I have been reading both Buffy & Angel and been enjoying them.Will be reading the crossover too.

BOOM! is following the classic DC & Marvel crossover event playbook.A main miniseries with the monthly books that tie-in to the event.

At least they aren't doing a dozen tie-in miniseries and One-Shots like DC and Marvel do.For example,the current Absolute Carnage event at Marvel right now.You got the main Absolute Carnage 5 issue miniseries.Both the next few months of the monthly Venom and Amazing Spider-Man books tie-in to the event. Plus there are five three issue miniseries tie-ins and I think four One-Shot tie-ins.

Comment

This is an interesting read.
                https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...outh-sell-out/

Comment

it’s fair to believe that if these issues hit with fans, there very well could be some kind of Spike spinoff book.

Only interested if it features a fish.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by redtent View Post
                    Well that answers that question; 'Angel #6 is primed to continue that upwards sales trend, with the First Appearance of Team Spike– and I’m told it will be Spike, Gunn & Fred defending Los Angeles while Angel is in Sunnydale'. I wonder why Spike would defend LA and what changes he has to undergo to become a 'defender'.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TriBel View Post

Only interested if it features a fish.
                    That link seems broken TriBel

Comment

That link seems broken TriBel
                      Doesn't matter - it's the same article BAF linked to. I was quoting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Well that answers that question; 'Angel #6 is primed to continue that upwards sales trend, with the First Appearance of Team Spike– and I’m told it will be Spike, Gunn & Fred defending Los Angeles while Angel is in Sunnydale'. I wonder why Spike would defend LA and what changes he has to undergo to become a 'defender'.
                        Maybe he'll decide he doesn't really want to end the world like in S2.

Article seems like another typical fluff piece sponsored by BOOM.

Comment

I am pretty certain Boom will bring out a Spike comic. They are milking this series for every last drop. I just hope they get a decent writer on board who knows enough to differentiate between Spike and Angel and give Spike some of his old personality.

Comment

Originally posted by redtent View Post
                            They said what I pretty much said.Even used my example.

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                              it’s fair to believe that if these issues hit with fans, there very well could be some kind of Spike spinoff book.
                              I do find their marketing tactics in the attempts to pull in readers and influence sales pretty painfully obvious and so quite irritating. This may as well just say, "if you want to see a Spike spinoff too then we're just letting you know that we're hoping you'll show us by buying the issues with him in LA that is propping the Angel book for us during the Hellmouth event. In truth we already know that there is going to be a Spike spinoff, but we'll be damned if we're not going to try to twist the sales out of you all as if it is needed to get there." Don't get me wrong, it isn't as if I won't buy it if they do do one, but I actually really find myself put off by the transparent manipulations they use. In fact it has the opposite effect on me and makes me want to refuse to buy yet another title and I find I have to try to ignore what they say about their sales figures and possible plans all the time to keep myself interested.

It's helpful to see the number of issues that will all tie in outlined like this. I'm hoping that there will be a trade of the hellmouth issues to go with the trade of the buffy and angel ones that I'll no doubt get (I'm still not buying them individually). It'd be great if the trade for hellmouth actually was one that covered them all in this order.

Comment

Working...
                              X