Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOM! Buffy # 6 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Buffy # 6 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Advanced Review of this weeks Buffy # 6 from Wenxina.

http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/pr...ic-book-review

I'll post some thoughts on Angel # 2 when I have Buffy # 6

Great issue!

Cordy compares Xander to Ferris Bueller (from Ferris Bueller's Day Off), suggesting that he is faking an illness.

Robin is working with the Council. Does that mean Giles is secretly a rouge demon hunter, masquerading as a watcher?

Giles is still super into that whole self reliance thing.

I am really excited about what they are doing with Willow. She's going to have a damaged soul now. What will that mean for her?

Who is the fourth person?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
      Great issue!

Cordy compares Xander to Ferris Bueller (from Ferris Bueller's Day Off), suggesting that he is faking an illness.

Robin is working with the Council. Does that mean Giles is secretly a rouge demon hunter, masquerading as a watcher?

Giles is still super into that whole self reliance thing.

I am really excited about what they are doing with Willow. She's going to have a damaged soul now. What will that mean for her?

Who is the fourth person?
      That sounds so good! Is Robin the son of a Slayer or Watcher? Is he evil? So many questions!

Literally WFB, who is the 4th person?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        That sounds so good! Is Robin the son of a Slayer or Watcher? Is he evil? So many questions!
        We don't know. He seems to have been sent to spy on Buffy, but it looks like he feels bad about it.

Literally WFB, who is the 4th person?
        The "Aluwyn" statue comes alive and keeps alluding to a fourth person when only Buffy, Willow and Robin are present.

Comment

We don't know. He seems to have been sent to spy on Buffy, but it looks like he feels bad about it.
          Is this the end of Roffy (Bufin?). Buffy will not be happy when she finds out that the WC and Giles have been spying on her. I hope she's not all forgiving and understanding.

The "Aluwyn" statue comes alive and keeps alluding to a fourth person when only Buffy, Willow and Robin are present.
          Oh this has to be Angel surely? Is it known whether the 4th person is good or evil?

I love all these mysteries, the issue sounds great and I can't wait to see where they take it.

Comment

Is this the end of Roffy (Bufin?). Buffy will not be happy when she finds out that the WC and Giles have been spying on her. I hope she's not all forgiving and understanding.
            Buffy is very grateful that he showed up to help them. I am guessing he is spying on her against his own will, so maybe she will forgive that. The Council are the absolute worst, so I doubt he has much choice.

Oh this has to be Angel surely? Is it known whether the 4th person is good or evil?
            I didn't even think of that, but that's highly possible. Buffy took the book he wanted, and there is some talk about the amount of souls being present that could suggest Angel.

I thought it could perhaps be whoever Robin is secretly communicating with on his phone.

Comment

I presumed the 4th person was Angel, hidden in the shadows somewhere (with an outside chance of it being Spike because I'm not sure just how evil he is). Giles - I still don't like Giles. It's not helped by the way he's drawn - he looks sleazy.

Wasn't there a mention of dark when they took the soul piece from Willow? I wonder if we'll see a "split" and the emergence of DW sooner rather than later? That would explain why her face is half masked by the "gunk".

Robin's the ambivalent guy he was in the series.
              sigpic

Comment

This issue is so good! Willow's sacrifice, Robin's secret, which of you four/sorry, three of you - it's all so interesting! And the character stuff is even better! Giles and Jenny are so grownup and they're such a sweet couple together too, it's great! Robin's cool (come on, the guy took a selfie with a big beetle!) and I think that, whatever the issue is, Buffy and Robin will be able to overcome it. That hug scene was so nice! The best thing about this issue, however, is Buffy and Willow - the way those two interact and argue here is just flawless! Perfect! Without a blemish! I wonder how Willow's...condition(?) will affect their friendship moving forward. And even the snake lady (please, let her name be Aluwyn) is kinda awesome and interesting!
                Last edited by a thing of evil; 03-07-19, 05:06 PM.

Comment

which of you four/sorry, three of you -
                  Oh if that's how it's said, it sounds more like Dark Willow is the fourth. Hope I don't have to wait ages for my copy, really looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Oh if that's how it's said, it sounds more like Dark Willow is the fourth.
                    I think it's Buffy. In the classic continuity the slayer is a hybrid, a human woman infused with the spirit/heart/soul of a demon. Maybe it's the same idea? Three people (as far as we can see, anyway) but four entities, each with a soul. One of those four entities has a soul unfit for any mortal. It makes sense that a soul of a demon would be unfit for a mortal, right? Moreover, Willow has just one soul. Aluwyn (that's how I'm calling her now, OK?) says that Willow has a good spirit...a soul big enough for two so we know it's not her.
                    Last edited by a thing of evil; 03-07-19, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                      I presumed the 4th person was Angel, hidden in the shadows somewhere (with an outside chance of it being Spike because I'm not sure just how evil he is).
                      It should be Angel, he has motive to be here and his soul is flawed. He knows about this place from Anya and probably had followed Buffy. Spike doesn't even have a soul in this verse. At least yet (and probably never as two souled vampires already seem too much, three would be borderline ridiculous).
                      Last edited by Alce; 03-07-19, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alce View Post
                        It should be Angel, he has motive to be here and his soul is flawed. He knows about this place from Anya and probably had followed Buffy. Spike doesn't even have a soul in this verse. At least yet (and probably never as two souled vampires already seem too much, three would be borderline ridiculous).
                        I agree it's probably Angel - I only threw Spike into the mix because Angel seemed a bit obvious and Spike seems kinda "not really evil evil" at the moment. Dark Willow and Buffy are both options though.

ETA

It's a bit odd really - definitely I think we should expect Dark Willow (Willow's soul's big enough for two but the rift could cause a darkness). One has a soul unfit for a mortal and there's much more to Robin than the other three realise.
                        Last edited by TriBel; 03-07-19, 08:19 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                          I agree it's probably Angel - I only threw Spike into the mix because Angel seemed a bit obvious and Spike seems kinda "not really evil evil" at the moment. Dark Willow and Buffy are both options though.
                          I'm not sure that they are. I don't think that Dark Willow has separate soul from Willow and that demon essence in Buffy could be mistaken for a soul by such powerful creature. I'll go with simplest possibility. They probably just made a hint on Angel and we'll see following in Angel comic or, which I think is even more likely, in that third cross-over comic. I would be surprised if it's something deeper than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alce View Post
                            I'm not sure that they are. I don't think that Dark Willow has separate soul from Willow and that demon essence in Buffy could be mistaken for a soul by such powerful creature. I'll go with simplest possibility. They probably just made a hint on Angel and we'll see following in Angel comic or, which I think is even more likely, in that third cross-over comic. I would be surprised if it's something deeper than that.
                            Yeah...again...I agree. Lurky Angel's the obvious one. It just seemed odd that she's impressing (I think she alludes to it three times) that someone is lacking and two others are in excess.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll be honest, I'm very on the fence about bothering with buying this, can anyone nutshell it for me?
                              sigpic
                              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
                              X