Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOOM! Buffy # 6 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOM! Buffy # 6 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Previews -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus christ, that art is ugly! Why can't he draw mouths and eyes properly. It's like Jeanty, when the character is set a certain distance in the frame they both feel they don't have to put any effort in.

Comment

I love everything about this preview! This is so fantastic - Buffy and Willow venturing into hellmouth! Jenny and Giles being awesome adults! Bugs, giant bugs! Just amazing!

Comment

Recriminations all round but why is nobody blaming Spike? Generally speaking, I can live with the art - but then there's the odd moment of...err...fugly oddness such as Jenny's eyeball bulging out of its socket on p3. It feels like a callback to Empty Places!
        sigpic

Comment

It's....interesting. Clearly this artist has a *very* different style.

I'm glad to see the friendship between Buffy and Willow, and that Giles-Jenny are together. Giles legit looks like Quasimodo with specs. I'm wondering where they're going with this. Interesting little detail that Willow's purple nail polish matches the exact shade of purple bug goop covering her . Xander still looks really old.

But putting aside the art, I'm curious where they're going with it all, it might be interesting/ entertaining, I dunno.

Comment

Recriminations all round but why is nobody blaming Spike?
            Nobody's blaming Spike because he's a minion

Comment

I love the tiny little post-it notes Willow has put on the map. She's on a mission now.

I need some more sass from Jenny. Sexy sass, preferably.

Comment

It's....interesting. Clearly this artist has a *very* different style.
                Yeah, you could say that.

Comment

And...still not buying it - I mean that literally, not metaphorically! It'll be available somewhere. If it's any good, I'll get the TPB.

WfB

I need some more sass from Jenny. Sexy sass, preferably.
                  Jenny of the square jaw? TBH, I half expected an Adam's apple. She looked like Jared Leto!
                  Last edited by TriBel; 13-06-19, 09:23 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Comment

Does #6 come with a free sick bucket? Just asking for a friend. I’m out...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                        Does #6 come with a free sick bucket? Just asking for a friend. I’m out...
                        Was it Jenny saying 'I look like a jerk now', because that made me throw up in my mouth a little

Comment

That and the whole of Giles' speech. On the surface it sounds "nice" - rather like giving her money in S6 was "nice" (before he buggered off). Is this about Buffy or is it abut Giles? "Being a great watcher"? Someone needs to tell Giles "there's no I in Team". Sigh...maybe I'm too cynical...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                            That and the whole of Giles' speech. On the surface it sounds "nice" - rather like giving her money in S6 was "nice" (before he buggered off). Is this about Buffy or is it abut Giles? "Being a great watcher"? Someone needs to tell Giles "there's no I in Team". Sigh...maybe I'm too cynical...
                            I felt exactly the same. The 'great watcher' is a terrible line. I'm hoping he learns some humility along the way. I hate the way Jenny just lets him get away with that and ends up apologising to him.

It may be a set up, like Willow's guilt about Xander. Maybe Giles will also feel guilty by the end of this arc, because if he's this arrogant all the way through, I'll stop reading.

Comment

It may be a set up, like Willow's guilt about Xander. Maybe Giles will also feel guilty by the end of this arc, because if he's this arrogant all the way through, I'll stop reading.
                              Yes - that's what I thought - it was simultaneously pious and arrogant. This is creepy S7 Giles.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X