Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Buffy #4 from Boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffy #4 from Boom

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]https://cdn.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-4-11.jpg[IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is the issue no BUFFY fan can miss! In the shocking conclusion of the first story arc of the most-anticipated reVAMP of 2019, someone from the Scooby gang must make the ultimate sacrifice.

And don’t miss the massive first appearance that will have everyone talking!

That Willow cover is so awesome!

Anyway, I'm impressed with the dialog - I can, like, hear the characters' voices reading it. It's really good!

Comment

The Willow cover is amazing, I love it too. I like the dialogue. I wonder if it's setting Giles up to be the one who is to make a sacrifice, as he's going patrolling alone?

And why does Buffy feel the need to mention 'wife' as one of Dru's characteristics? or is that just a reference to a tv show?
      Last edited by Priceless; 13-04-19, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        And why does Buffy feel the need to mention 'wife' as one of Dru's characteristics? or is that just a reference to a tv show?
        I wondered that, too. I've gone through famous fictional mob-boss-wives in my head, and I am drawing a blank. She's not Carmela Soprano, Carmela Corleone or Kay Corleone.

Comment

I think it's going to be either Buffy or Xander. There's this work in progress cover over at twitter with Willow looking like she's about to resurrect somebody. I don't think she'd try to resurrect Giles - Buffy and Xander though? Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
            I think it's going to be either Buffy or Xander. There's this work in progress cover over at twitter with Willow looking like she's about to resurrect somebody. I don't think she'd try to resurrect Giles - Buffy and Xander though? Absolutely.
            It feels way too early for a resurrection story. That worked in S6. It would not have worked in S1.

Do you have a link tot that picture?

Comment

That picture combines symbolism (the spiral) that's initially associated with the Shadow Men (though I think that's an appropriation) and (if that's a halo) with Christianity and - which is focused in S7 through Mariology. If it's a resurrection it's calling, I think, on the Goddess rather than a God (Osiris). "Many suggest the spirals are representative of the cycle of rebirth (as indicated by their presence at a tomb) or as a symbol of a mother goddess, who in recent times has been strongly associated with underground chambers, which are interpreted as symbolic wombs."

Why does the close-up of the vampire/scarecrow/dummy look as if it's supported by a cross?
              sigpic

Comment

That Willow cover is really intriguing. I wonder what she's doing.

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                Why does the close-up of the vampire/scarecrow/dummy look as if it's supported by a cross?
                It reminds me of Spike's Angel-punching bag and Angel is kinda Jesus-like in many respects.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow from Buffy View Post
                  That Willow cover is really intriguing. I wonder what she's doing.

It reminds me of Spike's Angel-punching bag and Angel is kinda Jesus-like in many respects.
                  Yes - I thought Angel (because the hair's sticking up). But then, it's blonde - and Spike occupies the Christ child/Jesus position in S7. I think it'd deliberately messing with us. There was no reason to give it hair.

Got nothing on the "mob-wife" - except Spike refers to her as "mistress". It could be that the relationship between the vamps - Spike/Dru/Angel isn't the same as in the original series (so no incestuous doubling). Do we know yet who sired who?
                  sigpic

Comment

Some reviews are up already!

monkeysfightingrobots
                    sequentialplanet

Comment

Oh...well that was a bit of an anti-climax. According to one of the reviews, I'm being lulled into a false sense of security. I'm still waiting for the lulling. Can't decide if Eric's the new Ben. Can't make my mind up about Spike. Yeah...I suppose there's character development... Is Angel #0 available digitally? Does it follow on from this?
                      Last edited by TriBel; 17-04-19, 03:50 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh...well that was an anti-climax. According to one of the reviews, I'm being lulled into a sense of security. I'm still waiting for it. Can't decide if Eric's the new Ben. Can't make my mind up about Spike. Yeah...I suppose there's character development... Is Angel #0 available digitally?
                        I think they said that Angel # 0 is only going to be released in comic shops for the first few weeks,not digitally, to promote people going to stores.I may be wrong though.

Comment

Thanks BAF. I'm not sure #4 was worth staying up till 3.00 for...I'd like to see what others make of it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks BAF. I'm not sure #4 was worth staying up till 3.00 for...I'd like to see what others make of it.
                            I won't have my copy or rather copies(for Angel # 0) until Friday or Saturday.So I'll be looking at reactions and spoilers.

Comment

Working...
                            X