Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Buffy series from BOOM! officially announced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silver1 View Post
    Remember though when it comes to comic covers never take them all that seriously as they have a habit of often being misleading.
    I do have a tendency to read a lot into them . . . and then get disappointed when the contents don't meet my expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone confirm for definite that Buffy will not be appearing in issue #9 at all and it will focus solely on the scoobies? The more I think about that, the more annoyed I get. I am hopeful that #10 will focus just on Buffy down in the Hellmouth. If Buffy doesn't get a story soon, and some personality, I'm not going to bother buying the comic anymore.

Comment

• . . . and then get disappointed when the contents don't meet my expectations.
      Story of my bloody life mate! Same could be said of...

Marriage
      Kids
      Retirement
      Working...

why should comics be any different?

Is it Buffy? I know she has the stake but the hair's very dark (and also defying gravity). And...she's wearing very sensible shoes.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
        Story of my bloody life mate! Same could be said of...

Marriage
        Kids
        Retirement
        Working...

why should comics be any different?

Is it Buffy? I know she has the stake but the hair's very dark (and also defying gravity). And...she's wearing very sensible shoes.
        Yes life can be disappointing, which is why I put my faith in fanfic

She is wearing odd clothes and strange shoes. She could be another Slayer, but the rest of the cover is very similar to the Angel cover, so I think the two must be linked. Maybe it's a Slayer Angel turned? The knee length stockings could signify 1920's/flapper?

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Yes life can be disappointing, which is why I put my faith in fanfic

She is wearing odd clothes and strange shoes. She could be another Slayer, but the rest of the cover is very similar to the Angel cover, so I think the two must be linked. Maybe it's a Slayer Angel turned? The knee length stockings could signify 1920's/flapper?
          That's what I was wondering - whether Angel had turned her or killed her...and that was before I read Stoney's remarks! In fact, I turned my lap-top upside down to see if it was Joyce.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by PointMan
            The cover with two people on the hood is an homage to Band Candy. Joyce is wearing more or less the outfit she wore during the episode, and she has a candy bar in her hand. The other person is likely Giles.
            I think the artist captured their likeness really well. I love Snyder on the left, getting chatted up by two women, who could or could not be Buffy and Willow maybe?

Comment

• More issue #7 covers:

Comment

• Ohmygodthatseconddrucover!

Comment

• Huh...Dru had better hope she's got some stain remover at hand...blood's a bugger to get out at the best of times. Complete madness - being a vampire and wearing white.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Those covers are very cool.

Comment

• The spider/web imagery in the blood is interesting (accepting that it could just be a 'seeing pictures in clouds' effect, but that's what I'm seeing). I do enjoy these contrast cover pairs they do. Plus, Dru looks enough like Dru I know it is her but not too much like JL. I like that tbh, that there's enough original actor likeness in it to feel a clear connection to who it is but it having a little distinction works well to it being the AU.

Comment

• Tomorrow is the BOOM! panel at SDCC.Might be some Buffyverse comic info there.

BOOM! Studios: Discover Yours

Discover your new comic book obsession at this panel! Hear from some of the most acclaimed and exciting creators in comics for a jam-packed, interactive panel featuring Kieron Gillen (Once & Future), Lev Grossman (creator of The Magicians), Lilah Sturges (The Magicians: Alice's Story, Lumberjanes), Carly Usdin (The Avant-Guards), Bryan Hill (Angel), Sina Grace (Saban's Go Go Power Rangers, Ghosted in LA), and Matt Gagnon (editor-in-chief, BOOM! Studios). They'll discuss the diverse imprints of BOOM! Studios, Archaia, BOOM! Box, and KaBOOM! with surprises for everyone in the audience. Moderated by Filip Sablik (president, publishing and marketing, BOOM! Studios).

Friday July 19, 2019 3:00pm - 4:00pm

Comment

• Just a heads up,I couldn't find any Buffyverse info from the BOOM! panel.

Comment

• BOOM! Buffyverse comics for October 2019.We've seen the covers(spoiler hid for size) but some of the solicitation might be new.

http://majorspoilers.com/2019/07/26/...-october-2019/

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER/ANGEL: HELLMOUTH #1

Publisher: BOOM! Studios
                            Price: $3.99
                            Writer: Jordie Bellaire and Jeremy Lambert
                            Artist: Eleonora Carlini
                            Cover Artists:
                            Main Cover : Jenny Frison
                            Main Cover : Kyle Lambert
                            Connecting Cover : Kelly and Nichole Matthews
                            Incentive Cover : Jenny Frison

Synopsis:
                            - THE FIRST EVENT OF THE ALL-NEW BUFFY UNIVERSE STARTS HERE!
                            - Buffy Summers, the Slayer, has one job—keep the forces of hell from coming to Earth through, uh, Hellmouth. Here's the bad news—she might have failed.
                            - The Mistress Drusilla and her ally, Spike, have found a weapon to open the Hellmouth and unleash unspeakable evil across the town and the world.
                            - With time running out, Buffy must team up with a new ally that she doesn’t fully trust—the vampire vigilante known as Angel! Can these two find a way to work together before the Hellmouth opens - or will they decide they might be each other's greatest enemy?
                            - From Eisner Award-nominated writer Jordie Bellaire, rising star Jeremy Lambert ( Doom Patrol ), and Eleonora Carlini ( Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers ) comes the first massive event of the Buffyverse—one that threatens to shake the entire fabric of reality. This is an absolute must-read from the mind of creator Joss Whedon!

Spoiler:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER/ANGEL: HELLMOUTH FOIL VARIANT #1

Price: $4.99
                            Writer: Jordie Bellaire and Jeremy Lambert
                            Artist: Eleonora Carlini
                            Cover Artist:
                            Unlocked Foil Cover : Kyle Lambert

Synopsis: Foil cover for Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel: Hellmouth #1 with art by Kyle Lambert.

Spoiler:

ANGEL #6

Price: $3.99
                            Writer: Bryan Edward Hill
                            Artist: Gleb Melnikov
                            Cover Artists:
                            Main Cover: Dan Panosian
                            Connecting Variant Cover: Goñi Montes
                            Preorder Cover: Scott Buoncristiano
                            Incentive Cover: Morgan Beem

Synopsis: A TIE IN TO HELLMOUTH! With Angel trapped in Sunnydale, the rest of the newly formed Angel
                            Investigations is left to deal with the Hellmouth’s fallout in Los Angeles. Will his team of supernatural
                            crime-solvers be able to protect Los Angeles from the shockwaves of the Hellmouth’s opening…and from newly
                            arrived vampire Spike?

Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -

Meet the new Slayers in Boom!'s Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Ones #1

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/first-...-chosen-ones-1
                            Last edited by BAF; 26-07-19, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• I'm definitely not going to buy The Chosen Ones. Other slayers, that don't interact in some way with Buffy don't really interest me that much. Though if it gets great reviews I might change my mind

Comment

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Legacy Edition to Collect Out-of-Print Stories

Spoiler:
                                BOOM! Studios has announced a new graphic novel program to collect rare, out-of-print Buffy the Vampire Slayer stories, the aptly titled Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Legacy Edition.

"Buffy is such a beloved television series and it’s managed to build an amazing legacy of game-changing stories in comic book format over the years," BOOM! Studios Executive Editor Jeanine Schaefer said in a statement. "We’re excited to collect all those stories in a deluxe set of softcover editions for fans who are looking to enjoy all that the Buffyverse has to offer—including essential stories about favorite characters they might have missed when they were first released."

Beginning in April 2020 with Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Legacy Edition Book One, BOOM! Studios will collect every issue of Buffy the Vampire Slayer from previous publishers in chronological order, including hard-to-find and out-of-print stories from such writers as Andi Watson, Jen Van Meter, Christopher Golden and Dan Brereton.

Here is the official synopsis from BOOM! Studios:

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: LEGACY EDITION BOOK ONE allows fans to discover untold stories of the Scooby Gang and their fight against evil in Sunnydale—all while trying not to fail their exams! As Buffy faces the consequences of saving the world—by killing the man she loved—the rest of the team faces their own challenges, such as Angel returning to life without a soul and Willow helping Oz confront the beast inside of him, all while Xander and Cordelia kiss, make up, kiss, make up...you probably get the picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X