Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Significant losses in season12 - who is going to get killed/exiled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Significant losses in season12 - who is going to get killed/exiled?

In the season12 thread, the possibility, that major characters might either die or get stuck in a different dimension/timeline has been discussed.

I you believe, Joss Whedon/Christoph Gage are going to kill/exile one or more of the main characters, which one, do you think will be getting the axe?

So here is the poll - who is it going to be? You can vote for more than one character, if you like.

flow
    Buffy
    35.29%
    Angel
    23.53%
    Spike
    11.76%
    Giles
    8.82%
    Xander
    2.94%
    Dawn
    2.94%
    Baby Joyce
    2.94%
    Faith
    8.82%
    Fray
    2.94%
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

I wouldn't be surprised if it were an absolute massacre, or that everyone is sent through a portal and ends up on a different dimension. But right here, just reading #1, and discussing the issue with everyone, I think Buffy will sacrifice herself to save someone else, possibly Willow/Baby Joyce or to save the future. This sacrifice may not be death, but she will be split from the other characters.

Angel's spoken of sacrifice and losses in this issue, and he found some peace and contentment in Angel 11, so to kill him off or send him to another dimension would be a very Joss thing to do.

Giles, because I am not sure this is the real Giles anyway! How/why is he an adult again? A spell that's 'done and dusted' isn't good enough explanation for me.

On the cover of #4 (IIRC) Spike and Buffy are the only two in the light . . . so Spike could be dusted too, but I'm hoping he survives, so he can go looking for Buffy in the dimension she's exiled to . . . but that's my Spuffy heart talking

- - - Updated - - -

There's no Willow on your list, but I do think there is a good chance she won't make it to the future. But as I say, it could be a bloodbath
    Last edited by Priceless; 24-06-18, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Aaaaargh - I simply forgot Willow.So sorry, folks. But she can`t die, can she ? She already is in the future.

I voted Buffy and also Baby Joyce, because that would be hertabreaking on the one hand and wouldn`t take away a long known character on the other hand. And it would explain, why Dawn and Xander are suddenly together on one of the covers for #4. Obviously no one is needed anymore, to look after Baby Joyce and they look devastated.

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
        why Dawn and Xander are suddenly together on one of the covers for #4. Obviously no one is needed anymore,

flow
        They probably got a sitter.
        Made by Trickyboxes
        Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by flow View Post
          Aaaaargh - I simply forgot Willow.So sorry, folks. But she can`t die, can she ? She already is in the future.

I voted Buffy and also Baby Joyce, because that would be hertabreaking on the one hand and wouldn`t take away a long known character on the other hand. And it would explain, why Dawn and Xander are suddenly together on one of the covers for #4. Obviously no one is needed anymore, to look after Baby Joyce and they look devastated.

flow
          Concerning Willow - if they can change the present, the future will change too and Willow may not make it to the 23rd century.

I don't see Joss/Gage killing a baby, as long as the baby is real. There is a chance that none of this is real and the baby doesn't actually exist. Other wise, I can't see a dead baby being the way they want to finish the story.

Comment

Yeah I think Joyce is safe. It is really hard to guess with everyone else, I can see them writing something for any of the characters to be taken out of this dimension or to die. Dawn's keyness and her 'save' of everyone could well be foreshadowing her creating an opening for them to escape which sends them somewhere else at the end. Or opening a portal to take Harth out of the world, or some other threat. So most of the characters could go through or it just Buffy if she's needed to seal it for everyone (a call back to The Gift). By leaving her scythe behind perhaps (as per the cover), she's actually letting the slayer line continue fully empowered without her and Faith would take on the meaning of the scythe (which has been reemphasised as symbolic of the duty in S11). Whether anyone goes with Buffy or not or dies in the process of getting her the opportunity to save the world again, who knows. The only thing I can't see balancing easily is Angel getting a heroic/sacrificial ending alongside Buffy, but they might try and combine the two going out together as they were the leads of the shows. So I really don't know, but I voted for Buffy alone.
            Last edited by Stoney; 25-06-18, 01:42 AM.

Comment

On one of the covers we see Buffy and Harth falling through a portal. Maybe Buffy pulls Harth into a new dimension, just the two of them, kills him there, but can't get back.

Comment

No one dies is my vote. There will be some other sacrifice of sorts. Hmm I wonder if being immortal would be a sacrifice for Buffy?

Comment

I haven't chosen any because I don't think anyone will be 'exiled' -- I think Free Will will win out.
                  But I do think Buffy may walk away from Slayer-ing.

I can't tell who will die (I just feel it's not Buffy.)

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

On the cover of #4 (IIRC) Spike and Buffy are the only two in the light . . . so Spike could be dusted too, but I'm hoping he survives, so he can go looking for Buffy in the dimension she's exiled to . . . but that's my Spuffy heart talking
                    It's just the way the light looks. It's a POV shot of Harth standing before the portal, looking at the gang. You can see the shadow of his claw hand right below Giles. I would tend to think it'll play out that Buffy knocks him through, as depicted in the Jeanty cover and Willow locks her in with him.

Comment

I think Buffy will sacrifice herself for humanity. She will find her way. She'll bannish all the demons.
                      Angel can't die yet we know he will shanshu and we saw what he is destined to do with the Apocalypse. Unless we see that in the Reckoning.
                      Willow will survive to this. I hope we will still be in a Whatever Happened Happened time travel !
                      Sorry if you don't understand what I write, I'm french.

Comment

Originally posted by HardlyThere View Post
                        I would tend to think it'll play out that Buffy knocks him through, as depicted in the Jeanty cover and Willow locks her in with him.
                        ^

I voted Buffy, because of what we had in issue #1 - "Normal-person stuff never wors for me." It's like the writers are saying Buffy doesn't belong to this world; no matter what happens in her life, even if things are really good for her and her loved ones and the world, she still feels like she doesn't fit. So... (However, I still not fully on board that something so radical will happen.)

And something like that would make Willow go dark and be very sad in the future...
                        My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

sigpic

Comment

I think Willow has something to do with it because FDW makes a really big deal about it having to be Buffy that kills her. Plus that bit about Willow and Buffy fighting and Willow hurting her. They didn't really fight in TOYL. It could mean S6 but I really doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by HardlyThere View Post
                            I think Willow has something to do with it because FDW makes a really big deal about it having to be Buffy that kills her.
                            Willow: You realize the most important thing about death isn't who dies... it's who kills them.

Does this have some relevance, or is just FDW being philosophical?

Buffy: Everything, every lie, to get us here. Why? What happened? Why does it have to be me?

Yes, why? It's something that could spoil Harth's plans, so it was done for that purpose (although, you know, Dark Willow)? Harth knows how things go down because of the Slayers' memories; FDW knows because she was there when it happened.

Plus that bit about Willow and Buffy fighting and Willow hurting her. They didn't really fight in TOYL. It could mean S6 but I really doubt it.
                            I didn't have thought about that, that the dialogue could be about their fight in Season 6.
                            Last edited by betta; 25-06-18, 06:55 PM.
                            My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

sigpic

Comment

I haven't read TOYL for years and I don't remember it well and how Willow behaved in the future. Following her S9 mini and the development there how does it reconcile with the fact that Willow had come to see/accept that the darker side of herself was always there? I know the Fray Willow is always referred to as Future Dark Willow, but is she really? Because labelling her as 'Dark Willow' implies a separation she doesn't currently feel any more. Perhaps she has gone backwards, but perhaps it's the role she is having to play or what she has allowed herself to become that explains why she's sad. As I say, I don't remember the S8 inclusion well enough and really need to unpack my box of Buffy stuff and look back on these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X