Worse trash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* Buffy was “controlled” into having sex with AngelTwilight. Why do people still want to blame Buffy and Angel around equally for the Space Sex?

TimeTravellingBunny

* The problem with the Space Sex is the aftermath widely more than the Space Sex itself and the lovey dovey talk between Buffy and Angel.

Angel got to do all that destruction and death, have sex with Buffy, and essentially have less than zero consequences. He gets rewarded for his actions.

* Spike didn’t know the Buffy-Buffybot wasn’t actual ‘flesh and blood’. I always considered that the body functioned like a ‘normal’ body and that’s how Buffy didn’t know she was in a robot body. My concern has always been how the Buffybot exactly matched Buffy’s ‘private areas’.

GoSpuffy

* Buffy didn’t dust Angel after BtVS 8.39. And Season 12 ends with Buffy single. So, Buffy/Angel wasn’t fully ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      It really doesn't bother me. I think if I'd be reading it at the time it might have upset me thinking that after all Twilight had done, Buffy and he were going to get together. But because I know what happens afterwards, I can live with the space sex. It's the end of their relationship in many ways, the final goodbye that allows Buffy to grow up and move on.
      Issue 35 is still absolute trash.
      Come on - Giles spouting completely ridiculous exposition jn between Jeanty's hilariously unsexy sex panels?
      If it had been meant as a parody, it would be fantastic. But Tommy Wiseau also tries to claim he always meant The Room as a parodic comedy, and no one believes him.
      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

I agree the space f*ck was a huuuge low point in the franchise imo. What with the insane plot and horrible ugly artwork made me be embarrassed to say I was a Buffy fan.

Comment

It's an interesting quandry. Does it make it better, or worse, that the spacefrak happened as the penultimate plot twist of the entire season, that it was bound up in the general theme they were trying to advance?

I'm going to actually say the spacefrak was better, because while it utterly failed to stick the landing, while it actually derailed the final stretch of what had previously been a straining but still coherent narrative... it was at least right in the middle of the road they were going through. The robot-copout-abortion-PSA nonsense of Season 9 managed to pull of the pretty delightful feat of alienating everybody that read it to some degree... and as a bonus, it was totally superfluous to the general progression of the plot.
          sigpic
          Banner by LRae12

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* Again, the Space Frak would have been relatively great storytelling if Angel was dusted after BtVS 8.39.

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
            The robot-copout-abortion-PSA nonsense of Season 9 managed to pull of the pretty delightful feat of alienating everybody that read it to some degree... and as a bonus, it was totally superfluous to the general progression of the plot.
            The abortion storyline brought Buffy/Spike closer, had Spike leaving BtVS S9 to have his miniseries and be on A&F S9, had Buffy's truly considering whether she'd rather be with a human or be with Spike, etc. The abortion storyline was very important to the plot.

I'm curious if you equate Buffy's wanting an abortion with Angel's wanting all the world and all its life-barring Buffy and him--destroyed.

Comment

a) I wasn't alienated by the abortion story line.

b) Does everything have to "advance the plot"? I never fully understand this relentless drive forward. Can't you just...I dunno...park up in a lay-by and enjoy the view? Stop off for sustenance? Pause to get your bearings? Motorways are bloody boring...what's wrong with the scenic route? Metaphor exhausted.
              sigpic

Comment

What TriBel said. Some things that explore issues or character don't automatically 'advance the plot' and that's ok. It's actually something I'm missing from the Boom comics, which are sprinting through plot at a breakneck speed and not spending enough time looking at issues through a characters perspective.

I wasn't alienated by the abortion story line either. in fact, it's a favourite of mine.

Comment

Having done a reread of the season 8 Buffy comics my vote is still space sex. The flying god sex is pretty much the moment the Buffyverse jumped the shark.
                  My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

We need a new poll that allows us to choose S12 in it's entirety as "Worst Trash" ever.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Working...
                    X