• Show
Clear All

• Worse trash?

Let's settle this once and for all.
    Space sex
    70.37%
    Robortion
    29.63%

Space Sex is the worst. Twilight might have worked from a philosophical standpoint and might be an accurate representation of who Angel was becoming, but actually seeing a couple of super-powered superheroes shagging a second eden into being, while casting their friends and families to the a hell on earth, just makes no sense. How Angel thought Buffy would go along with it is just beyond me, but perhaps speaks to his arrogance.

So from the outrageous and ostentatious act of Twilight trying to advance civilisation onto the next level, we come back down to earth and to the most basic of stories, a woman getting pregnant by mistake.

Buffy chose abortion on both accounts

I'm glad Joss actually tried to deal with an issue that affects so many women. Buffy being a robot is a bit of a different issue, and I tend to look at the two things separately. We see how Buffy would have dealt with a real pregnancy, without having to see it happen, and see the aftermath. For me it's very much like Ted; we see how Buffy would deal with killing a human without having to spend months going through a court case, deal with the aftermath etc. etc.
    Last edited by Priceless; 21-02-18, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Which plot line was worse? The space sex (literal big bang) from season 8 or the not-pregnant Buffy robot considering abortion from season 9 also known as robortion. Please vote.

Comment

Both were terrible, but the spacefrak was worse. Even taking into account the Twilight-kitty influence (which was so vague - I hate it when writers create dubcon situations and then can't openly explain to which extent exactly the characters' minds were compromised, trying to have their cake and eat it), it made Angel and Buffy look awful and idiotic. Even worse than that, it made them look like parodies of themselves and their relationship (which, I guess, may have been the point (?), but was it really necessary? It felt like the fanon idea of Bangel as "fated" love, taken to an extreme and ridiculous level), and the sex itself... OMG... it was so ludicrous looking and completely unsexy. I don't know how much it was Meltzer's writing and how much Jeanty's art, but god, it was terrible. (And having it be interspersed with terrible exposition lines by Giles also didn't help.)

Though the robortion deserves credit for stupidity as well. How exactly can you be a human and not notice that you are in a robot body?
        You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Space sex is worse by a country mile. I think the whole plot was intended to put Bangel to bed forever, pun intended.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

The robot plot line was not a bad idea and the pregnancy/abortion plot line wasn`t a bad idea either. It was just the combination of the two, that made it weird.

But nothing can be worse than the way Buffy is curling up her toes in the twilight sex scene.

flow
            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

Isolating each respective plot point from their seasons, I go with robortion. For all the stupidity of sex in space itself and the universe having a motive, it makes sense. Yes, it's pretty much rape, but it makes sense in and of itself.

Robortion is idiotic on every level, from Buffy not being aware she's a robot to Andrew's plan to it ultimately having zero effect on anything at all.

Comment

I didn't really hate either of them, but I think the space sex was worse. I didn't mind the Twilight storyline, but it was just WAY too over the top.

I do think that the robot thing diminished the impact of the abortion storyline a lot, though.

Comment

Buffy and Angel's flying god sex.

It just completely took me out of the story, plus the whole "Twilight" story arc permanently damaged both Buffy and Angel(especially Angel giving how much they tried to backpedal)as characters.
                  Last edited by Lostsoul666; 21-03-18, 06:40 AM.
                  My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Robobotion was the worst cop out in Buffy history and the story that followed was silly and boring.

The space sex was kinda amusing and it came at the end of a very strange season, so I didn't mind that much. The robobotion happened at a point where I was really enjoying the comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsoul666 View Post
                      Buffy and Angel's flying god sex.

It just completely took me out of the story, plus the whole "Twilight" story arc permanently damaged both Buffy and Angel(especially Angel giving how much they tried to backpedal)as characters.
                      See, I have to disagree a bit here. It wasn't 31-35 that did that. It was 1-30. It seems like people point at the space sex as The Thing. The over-the-top stupidity that ruined everything. But take that same thing and put it in a bed like Meltzer supposedly intended. Is it less stupid? Is S8 saved? No. The Twilight arc is just the point where it became obvious that there was no great explanation or reveal to save it. S8 definitely ruined those characters, but it happened way before #34.

Comment

I've read S8 three times now and each time it gets better. The space sex is crazy and the whole Twilight thing makes very little sense, but overall Season 8 is pretty good. The space sex is the worst thing in it. The more you read Season 9, the more it falls apart. It's got long periods of dullness, it's got new characters that you don't really care about and some of themes just get lost in the whole. But the robot-abortion is one of the few highlights of a pretty mediocre season.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          I've read S8 three times now and each time it gets better. The space sex is crazy and the whole Twilight thing makes very little sense, but overall Season 8 is pretty good. The space sex is the worst thing in it. The more you read Season 9, the more it falls apart. It's got long periods of dullness, it's got new characters that you don't really care about and some of themes just get lost in the whole. But the robot-abortion is one of the few highlights of a pretty mediocre season.
                          I don't mind the Twilight arc - I get the point they're making and find it directly inferable from what I know of Angel's past and understand of the philosophy of history. But I didn't need to see it! It scorched my eyeballs! I think some of the ideas came from Marx's Eighteenth Brumaire of Louis Bonaparte. I'd rather be forced to learn Klingon in order to read the Eighteenth Brumaire in Klingon, than to be forced to see those images again. *Shudder*.
                          sigpic

Comment

It really doesn't bother me. I think if I'd be reading it at the time it might have upset me thinking that after all Twilight had done, Buffy and he were going to get together. But because I know what happens afterwards, I can live with the space sex. It's the end of their relationship in many ways, the final goodbye that allows Buffy to grow up and move on.

Comment

It really doesn't bother me.
                              Hmph...you're odd! Her toes curl up. On reflection - "toe-curling" is very appropriate.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X