Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like the Kate Lockely era (1999 - 2001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groge
    replied
    All I can say about her is I can't stand her! She just infuriates me! I think it's just because Angel's trying to help her in her cases and she just won't believe or trust him and I just want to slap her To be honest though she's no where near as bad as Connor!

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine Superman
    replied
    Kate was a great character and I was sorry to lose her. ANGEL was never the same after the introduction of Pylea even though we got Fred from it. (After all we also got the Groosalugg from it and he by far outstayed his welcome!).

Leave a comment:

• Nix
    replied
    I loved the character of Kate. She bought a different edge to the world of Angel and made him be more aware of his actions I think. I would have loved to have seen Kate interact with a reformed Faith on the Angel show. I loved the fact that Angel wanted to look after her as best he could but could not protect her from the emotions of a human. She had to experience that for herself and go through her journey alone in many respects.

Leave a comment:

• niskaisfact
    replied
    I liked her character because it grounded Angel further in the real (albeit fantastic) world of LA. It did seem like a shame to lose her to Law & Order, but you've got to let actors make a living, and the residuals on Law & Order are forever....

Leave a comment:

• Lostsoul666
    replied
    I liked Kate at first, but after the episode "The Prodigal" where her dad was killed by vamps she started to go downhill. She became a one-note character who acted like a complete bitch to Angel blaming him for every little thing that was wrong with her life.

I like the early seasons of Angel, but I think that the later seasons were better and explored the shows themes better. Season 3 in my opinion has some of the darkest moments in the series.
    Last edited by Lostsoul666; 06-05-12, 01:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• buffyholic
    replied
    Season 2 is a funny thing for me. The first time I watched, I liked it but I wasn´t a big fan of the Angel going dark arc and the gang working apart.
    The second time around, I liked a lot more and ever since, the season has been growing and growing on me and now I completely love it and it´s my number one season.

Leave a comment:

• Drusilla
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeB View Post
    Season 1 of AtS is the best for me because it was kinda like BtVS in that it used the supernatural to deal with 'real life' or 'real world' things. After AtS s1, besides the Wolfram and Hart stuff -- how business is run and the internal politics and such -- there wasn't much 'real life' or 'real world' stuff.
    I agree. The whole Drusilla and Darla thing...discouraged that? I really don't know. But S2 was definitely rather focused on the whole resurrection shtick. Is this bad? Maybe not, because we get to see angry Angel

Still. It was a bit too focused...

Leave a comment:

• MikeB
    replied
    Read all of the posts.

I'm kinda ambivalent about Kate. She seemed kinda there to be interested in Angel and provide Angel a link to the Los Angeles Police Department. Kinda the biggest moment -- and more signs of the Powers That Be having real power and a real interest in Angel -- or it was
    Spoiler:
    Twilight
    -- is when Angel was able to enter Kate's house without an invite. Although, Kate may have invited him during her phone thing or before or after and simply forgot that she had invited him.

Season 1 of AtS is the best for me because it was kinda like BtVS in that it used the supernatural to deal with 'real life' or 'real world' things. After AtS s1, besides the Wolfram and Hart stuff -- how business is run and the internal politics and such -- there wasn't much 'real life' or 'real world' stuff.

Leave a comment:

• buffyholic
    replied
    I just wanna add that I completely love season 1 of Angel.
    It´s so comfy and sweet. I love the crossovers, I love the whole tone and feel of the season and AI starts to become a family.

Leave a comment:

• Drusilla
    replied
    Originally posted by davebuffster View Post
    I liked Kate.

I loved the journey she and Angel went on from liking each other, than gradually getting closer before her father's death tore them apart. Then she hates him but gradually they end up back in the same place as they started and the final scene between them was rounded of the journey just nicely.

Okay she wasn't perfect but I thought she likeable aside when she didn't have to be. I'd liked to have seen her do maybe one more Series though.

This sums up my feelings quite nicely. When Angel is going undercover and stealing that shroud thing, I loved how he secretly spared Kate and wasn't taken over by the shroud's powers.

Leave a comment:

• davebuffster
    replied
    I liked Kate.

I loved the journey she and Angel went on from liking each other, than gradually getting closer before her father's death tore them apart. Then she hates him but gradually they end up back in the same place as they started and the final scene between them was rounded of the journey just nicely.

Okay she wasn't perfect but I thought she likeable aside when she didn't have to be. I'd liked to have seen her do maybe one more Series though.

Leave a comment:

• Dinza
    replied
    Imho I didn't see the real raw emotion return to Angel until the "You're Welcome" episode of Season 5, then "A hole in the world" too of course.

Leave a comment:

• Drusilla
    replied
    Originally posted by HisMRS View Post
    I do agree with you that the earlier seasons of "Angel" were the best... I liked those better, too, anyway. I felt like the writing was a lot better then and there wasn't as much crazy in the storylines.
    Joss was probably getting squeezed for ideas by the later seasons, between Buffy and Angel. That might explain the whole "getting worse" thing. I find it sad that fan opinions are that the early seasons were better, because I'm one of the few people who liked s4 of Buffy. But I digress.

Though I have to agree that I liked s1 of Angel better.

Leave a comment:

• HisMRS
    replied
    Originally posted by Blix View Post
    I don't know, I guess I'm just hung uper over the early years of Angel. The best years (imo) will always be circa 1999 - 2002; 2003 is when things get out of control. Also the characters in the earlier seasons seemed to have more depth and deeper backstories rather than just being thrown in as monster/character of the week characters.
    I do agree with you that the earlier seasons of "Angel" were the best... I liked those better, too, anyway. I felt like the writing was a lot better then and there wasn't as much crazy in the storylines.

Leave a comment:

• Dinza
    replied
    I don't know, I guess I'm just hung uper over the early years of Angel. The best years (imo) will always be circa 1999 - 2002; 2003 is when things get out of control. Also the characters in the earlier seasons seemed to have more depth and deeper backstories rather than just being thrown in as monster/character of the week characters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X