Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like the Kate Lockely era (1999 - 2001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the Kate Lockely era (1999 - 2001)

There's just something about the episodes featuring Kate in them. "Sanctuary" was especially good as well, we got to see her interact with Buffy, Lindsey and Angel in the same episode.
    325 posts to go til signature

I think Kate brought extra tension to the show and that was good. I like her introduction and I also like when she finds out about Angel. Not only it adds tension to both characters but also allows Kate to develop a bit more as a character. I love her in season 1, especially in "Sanctuary" and "Somnambulist" and I love her in season 2, especially "Epiphany", "Reprise".

Comment

Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
      I think Kate brought extra tension to the show and that was good. I like her introduction and I also like when she finds out about Angel. Not only it adds tension to both characters but also allows Kate to develop a bit more as a character. I love her in season 1, especially in "Sanctuary" and "Somnambulist" and I love her in season 2, especially "Epiphany", "Reprise".
      "Somnambulist" was a very good episode, I agree. Kate was a bit one-sided, but I loved her appearances all the same. She overcame her fear of demons and helped Angel, after all! That takes courage.

to her father though. He was a very dirty man, dealing with vamps and packages. NEVER a good idea...
      My sig will not change again 'till I get 400 posts and become a BuffyForums VIP!

Want, take, have! - Faith Lehane

Comment

I read that Justine Cooper was created because Elizabeth Rohm was not available to appear in Season 3. I hope that they weren't planning on having Kate work with Daniel Holtz, I mean I know she had lost her job with the LAPD and contemplated suicide and all but I can't see her sinking so low as to doing half the bad things that Justine did.

Comment

She was certainly some nice eye-candy, besides Cordy , but I think she was lacking the requisite thespic skills to pull off a character over a protracted run, IMHO.
          "Strong is fighting! It's hard, and it's painful, and it's every day. It's what we have to do."

(BtVS, ep 3x10, "Amends", 40:56)

Comment

I really hated Kate. I thought her character and Angel's had forced chemistry, and I wasn't sad to see her go. Nothing against Elisabeth Rohm; I've just never been a big fan of her acting style.

Comment

I don't know, I guess I'm just hung uper over the early years of Angel. The best years (imo) will always be circa 1999 - 2002; 2003 is when things get out of control. Also the characters in the earlier seasons seemed to have more depth and deeper backstories rather than just being thrown in as monster/character of the week characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Blix View Post
                I don't know, I guess I'm just hung uper over the early years of Angel. The best years (imo) will always be circa 1999 - 2002; 2003 is when things get out of control. Also the characters in the earlier seasons seemed to have more depth and deeper backstories rather than just being thrown in as monster/character of the week characters.
                I do agree with you that the earlier seasons of "Angel" were the best... I liked those better, too, anyway. I felt like the writing was a lot better then and there wasn't as much crazy in the storylines.

Comment

Originally posted by HisMRS View Post
                  I do agree with you that the earlier seasons of "Angel" were the best... I liked those better, too, anyway. I felt like the writing was a lot better then and there wasn't as much crazy in the storylines.
                  Joss was probably getting squeezed for ideas by the later seasons, between Buffy and Angel. That might explain the whole "getting worse" thing. I find it sad that fan opinions are that the early seasons were better, because I'm one of the few people who liked s4 of Buffy. But I digress.

Though I have to agree that I liked s1 of Angel better.
                  My sig will not change again 'till I get 400 posts and become a BuffyForums VIP!

Comment

Imho I didn't see the real raw emotion return to Angel until the "You're Welcome" episode of Season 5, then "A hole in the world" too of course.

Comment

I liked Kate.

I loved the journey she and Angel went on from liking each other, than gradually getting closer before her father's death tore them apart. Then she hates him but gradually they end up back in the same place as they started and the final scene between them was rounded of the journey just nicely.

Okay she wasn't perfect but I thought she likeable aside when she didn't have to be. I'd liked to have seen her do maybe one more Series though.

Comment

Originally posted by davebuffster View Post
                        I liked Kate.

I loved the journey she and Angel went on from liking each other, than gradually getting closer before her father's death tore them apart. Then she hates him but gradually they end up back in the same place as they started and the final scene between them was rounded of the journey just nicely.

Okay she wasn't perfect but I thought she likeable aside when she didn't have to be. I'd liked to have seen her do maybe one more Series though.

This sums up my feelings quite nicely. When Angel is going undercover and stealing that shroud thing, I loved how he secretly spared Kate and wasn't taken over by the shroud's powers.

Comment

I just wanna add that I completely love season 1 of Angel.
                          It´s so comfy and sweet. I love the crossovers, I love the whole tone and feel of the season and AI starts to become a family.

Comment

Read all of the posts.

I'm kinda ambivalent about Kate. She seemed kinda there to be interested in Angel and provide Angel a link to the Los Angeles Police Department. Kinda the biggest moment -- and more signs of the Powers That Be having real power and a real interest in Angel -- or it was
                            Spoiler:
                            Twilight
                            -- is when Angel was able to enter Kate's house without an invite. Although, Kate may have invited him during her phone thing or before or after and simply forgot that she had invited him.

Season 1 of AtS is the best for me because it was kinda like BtVS in that it used the supernatural to deal with 'real life' or 'real world' things. After AtS s1, besides the Wolfram and Hart stuff -- how business is run and the internal politics and such -- there wasn't much 'real life' or 'real world' stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
                              Season 1 of AtS is the best for me because it was kinda like BtVS in that it used the supernatural to deal with 'real life' or 'real world' things. After AtS s1, besides the Wolfram and Hart stuff -- how business is run and the internal politics and such -- there wasn't much 'real life' or 'real world' stuff.
                              I agree. The whole Drusilla and Darla thing...discouraged that? I really don't know. But S2 was definitely rather focused on the whole resurrection shtick. Is this bad? Maybe not, because we get to see angry Angel

Still. It was a bit too focused...

Comment

Working...
                              X