Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindsey: How did he know about Cordelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsey: How did he know about Cordelia?

In season 5, episode: 100 "You're Welcome", Spike bites Cordelia upon seeing her believing she was evil because Lindsey (posing as Doyle) told him so. Since Lindsey was "supposedly" out of Los Angeles during Cordelia's possession and Jasmine's brief take-over, how would he have known especially the more intimate detail about Cordelia (something the others didn't figure out until it was too late)?
    325 posts to go til signature

Maybe because he still had contacts from inside Wolfram and Hart? I mean I imagine he must have picked up quite a few whilst working there over the years.

And info does have a habit of getting about in that company.

Comment

Or maybe Eve told him. We saw her phone Lindsey about Cordy but maybe off-screen she told him more stuff about her and her possession because she is bound to know that since she is the W&H liaison.

Comment

I agree with Buffyholic. We know that Lindsey and Eve were scheming together and Eve probably had access to that information as the W&H liaison.

Also, they were worried about Cordelia as a threat so it is possible they just made up a generic demon possession story just to persuade Spike to act quickly. When Spike reveals what Lindsay told him, it is not specific.
        SPIKE
        Yeah. Said Cordelia was taken over by some big bad. Came to destroy you all.
        Angel and Cordelia (and the audience) immediately try to make sense of the "premonition" of Spike's friend and draw conclusions that it must be a past premonition about specific events of S4. However the information isn't even a premonition just false information so it's possible it was just a coincidence that the false story resembled S4 events,

Considering Habeus Corpus turned everyone at W&H Los Angeles into zombies and Lindsay's tattoos were to keep W&H from seeing Lindsay, I find it unlikely that Lindsay had any random contacts calling him with gossip. If he was actively seeking info or spying on LA and any W&H branch then I wouldn't say apocalypse info would be that hard to find. It's also possible to hypothesize that Lilah was probably pissed about Cordelia killing her and was willing to give up info to Lindsay. However, all that is fairly nebulous speculation and it makes the most sense that Lindsay made up a false generic story about demon possession that coincidentally similar to S4 or that Eve had the information from working at W&H.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by buffyholic View Post
          Or maybe Eve told him. We saw her phone Lindsey about Cordy but maybe off-screen she told him more stuff about her and her possession because she is bound to know that since she is the W&H liaison.
          That's what I was thinking too, or I also considered that while Eve gave him the 411 on Cordy, for plot convenience he just told Spike that she was evil with no real emphasis on possession or the happenings of Season 4.

Originally posted by Ehlwyen View Post
          I agree with Buffyholic. We know that Lindsey and Eve were scheming together and Eve probably had access to that information as the W&H liaison.

Also, they were worried about Cordelia as a threat so it is possible they just made up a generic demon possession story just to persuade Spike to act quickly. When Spike reveals what Lindsay told him, it is not specific.

Angel and Cordelia (and the audience) immediately try to make sense of the "premonition" of Spike's friend and draw conclusions that it must be a past premonition about specific events of S4. However the information isn't even a premonition just false information so it's possible it was just a coincidence that the false story resembled S4 events,

Considering Habeus Corpus turned everyone at W&H Los Angeles into zombies and Lindsay's tattoos were to keep W&H from seeing Lindsay, I find it unlikely that Lindsay had any random contacts calling him with gossip. If he was actively seeking info or spying on LA and any W&H branch then I wouldn't say apocalypse info would be that hard to find. It's also possible to hypothesize that Lilah was probably pissed about Cordelia killing her and was willing to give up info to Lindsay. However, all that is fairly nebulous speculation and it makes the most sense that Lindsay made up a false generic story about demon possession that coincidentally similar to S4 or that Eve had the information from working at W&H.
          You beat me to the punch I was wondering if maybe once the evil Lawfirm was rebuilt if the "know it all" files lady (aka Flo the progessive girl) instantly had the information on Season 4 and Jasmine because well...she knows everything.
          Last edited by Dinza; 05-01-12, 08:40 PM.
          325 posts to go til signature

Comment

Ooh, yeah. I definitely agree with that. Good point, I tend to forget about "Flo" and her role on the show. But W&H is quite evil in its efficiency and attention to details.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Working...
            X