X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Angel’ Reunion: “We May Have Something In The Works”

David Boreanaz Teases ‘Angel’ Reunion: “We May Have Something In The Works”

https://deadline.com/2019/03/david-b...lk-1202578652/

It’s been 20 years since Angel was on television and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spinoff garnered a very loyal cult following. Since it has been two decades, it’s about time that we revisit the lovelorn vampire, right? David Boreanaz thinks so too.

The actor appeared on The Talk Tuesday and when asked about the show he teased that one of TV’s favorite vampires will be returning.

“We’re coming up on 20 years. I mean, that’s amazing to have been blessed with a show like that and that’s where I really started my gig — this acting world,” said Boreanaz.

“I love that character,” Boreanaz added. “So, I will say there may be something coming up. I don’t want to give away much. I can say, it’s 20 years coming up this fall and we may have something in the works.”

The Angel return came up after they discussed the mini Buffy the Vampire Slayer reunion last month at Wizard World Portland. Buffy cast members Alyson Hannigan, Amber Benson, James Marsters, Charisma Carpenter, Nicholas Brendon, Julie Benz, Iyari Limon, Amy Acker, James Leary, Clare Kramer, and Alexis Denisof posted numerous photos of the event leaving fans wanting more from the Whedonverse.
    I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Silver1; 19-03-19, 11:22 PM.

Not getting my hopes up.

I'm totally going to get my hopes up.
    Last edited by Lostsoul666; 20-03-19, 01:00 AM.
    My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Hmm, maybe some type of reunion panel at New York Comic Con?

Buffy's 20th anniversary got a lot of play such as that big EW reunion issue and photoshoot which David participated in.

I could see the same for Angel.

I doubt it's any type of onscreen continuation.

Comment

Yeah I didn't think for a second that they meant some kind of continuation. I think DB's just referring to some kind of reunion panel or EW-type shoot. Still exciting though! I'm glad "Angel" isn't getting ignored on it's 20th anniversary!
        - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* The Disney-Fox merger went through and given the amount of money NetFlix spends on series and given how 'scared' of NetFlix Disney is...

All of the BtVS cast still look good. The AtS cast still look good.

Young Justice was brought back for the DC Universe streaming service.

I could see Disney bringing a live-action Buffyverse series back.

* Outside of the above point, it's noteworthy David Boreanaz is speaking so positively of Angel and AtS. Ever since getting Bones , he'd tried to distance himself from the character and the Buffyverse. It was even somewhat surprising he did the Entertainment Weekly BtVS reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
            All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* The Disney-Fox merger went through and given the amount of money NetFlix spends on series and given how 'scared' of NetFlix Disney is...

* Outside of the above point, it's noteworthy David Boreanaz is speaking so positively of Angel and AtS. Ever since getting Bones , he'd tried to distance himself from the character and the Buffyverse. It was even somewhat surprising he did the Entertainment Weekly BtVS reunion.
            I think if there is any more onscreen Buffyverse it will be that series being developed by Monica Owusu-Breen with Joss consulting.It sounds like this project is more a legacy sequel than reboot(which the new BOOM! comic is).Meaning it's set in continuity with the previous shows(and the canon comics if that's something all creative parties want) but with brand new characters and a brand new lead Slayer.Which would leave the door open for previous Buffyverse characters/cast being able to make a occasional guest appearance if the show and actors both want to.

Comment

All caught up

Why is it surprising. For this show he was the star which it was built around. This reunion is all going to be about him. Of course he'll do it.

Comment

David never hated his time playing Angel on both Buffy, and Angel.

It's normal for an actor to want to distance themselves from a role. At the time that Bones started David was probably nervous about being typecasted as Angel. Bones was going to be the show that would make or brake David's career as far as having one outside of the Buffyverse.

Now that so much time has passed, and Bones became a hit show that proved that David wasn't just a one hit wonder he's probably way more easygoing talking about his time as Angel.
                Last edited by Lostsoul666; 21-03-19, 05:05 PM.
                My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

I'm probably clutching at straws here, but maybe they're thinking of doing an audio adventure?

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status...58479052435456

Last edited by Silver1; 06-04-19, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Oh I would love that!! I really hope it can happen and the 20th anniversary would be perfect.

Comment

That would be wonderful indeed. A great way to enjoy the actors' work without their aging posing any problems.
                      https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

J. August Richards Teases 20th Anniversary "Reunion Surprise Coming"

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...rprise-coming/

Audio book among the possibilities listed at the end.
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

‘Angel’ Series Finale 15th Anniversary: David Boreanaz Reveals How He Thinks That Final Fight Played

https://www.thewrap.com/angel-series...fhanger-video/

Boreanaz previously hinted there was something brewing for the Joss Whedon-created series’ upcoming 20th anniversary (so from the series premiere in October 1999, not the May 2004 series finale we’re referencing here), but he tells TheWrap he doesn’t know what’s going to happen.

“It’s funny, whether it’s the 10th or the 15th or the 20th, everybody always wants to know what they’re going to do or if there is gonna be some kind of reunion, whatever that may be,” Boreanaz said. “I don’t foresee any major things happening. I just think that getting everyone together would be great. I don’t know how that would happen because there’s so much going on and I’m shooting. So we’ll see, but nothing hugely planned. I may have teased somethings, right? But, I don’t know what’s going to happen.”
                          So much for that then.

Comment

https://tvline.com/2019/06/18/angel-...avid-boreanaz/

Angel Reunion Panel Set for New York Comic-Con — Sans David Boreanaz?

By Vlada Gelman / June 18 2019

The cast of Angel is reuniting to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the WB drama’s premiere at New York Comic-Con — well, minus one.

Stars Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia), Amy Acker (Fred/Illyria), Alexis Denisof (Wesley), J. August Richards (Gunn) and James Marsters (Spike) will be in attendance at the con, running Oct. 3-6 at the Javits Center, NYCC announced on Tuesday. Notably absent from the lineup, though: David Boreanaz, who played the title character. But one can hope that the current SEAL Team star will eventually be added to the roster, right?

During a March appearance on The Talk, Boreanaz hinted at the possibility of a reunion. “We’re coming up on our 20 years,” he noted. “That’s amazing to have been blessed with a show like that. That’s really where I started my gig in this acting world. I love that character. So I will say there may be something coming up. I don’t want to give away a lot. It’s 20 years coming up this fall, and we may have something in the works.”

It is not yet clear which day(s) the NYCC reunion will take place. Watch the cast’s announcement below, with individual messages from Carpenter, Marsters, Richards and Acker:

https://twitter.com/NY_Comic_Con/sta...38559681531908

Angel fans, would you spring for a trip to New York to see the cast reunite? Sound off in the comments.

Comment

Can you have an Angel reunion without Angel?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X