Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

Positives And Negatives - Season 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
    No I'm really not a fan of AtS Season 3. It has it's moments but overall I feel like the season is one big blur and no matter how many times I rewatch it, I honestly couldn't even differentiate what happens in most episodes. It's also the season that introduces a lot of plot elements that, IMO, bog the series down in Season 3-4 (Cangel, Connor, W/F/G triangle) so I never look forward to rewatching it.

Honestly, I think Darla's death scene in "Lullaby" is fantastic but the rest of the episode is very unmemorable for me. I also think that "Sleep Tight" has some great scenes towards the end but the first half of the episode is pretty generic. I think "Forgiving" is the stronger episode out of that arc.
    Almost forgot howabout Benediction ?

Comment

I'm just rewatching S3 at the moment and I adore it even more than I did the first time I saw it. It has made me wonder if I'll end up still liking S4 more. Watching alongside BtVS has been really interesting. The thematic links across both shows just made me enjoy both seasons even more.

I would want to have rewatched all the seasons again before I tried to pick a top ten, but out of S1 my favourite three episodes are probably City Of, Somnambulist and The Prodigal, but I really like Five by Five and To Shanshu as well. Picking a top ten across the show is always going to be ridiculously tough. AYNOHYEB will always be number one though I think, such an incredible episode.

Comment

Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
        Almost forgot howabout Benediction ?
        It bores me to tears I honestly find the last 3 episodes of Season 3 to be some of the dullest patch of episodes in the show's run. I liked the idea of Holtz but wasn't a fan of the execution, I detest Connor, and I feel that this is where Cordelia's characterisation has really went off the rails. I honestly dread those episodes whenever I get to them in my rewatch. "Benediction" is the best of the trio with a handful of moments I genuinely like but I'm not a fan of that arc overall.

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
        AYNOHYEB will always be number one though I think, such an incredible episode.
        I think what's so incredible about AYNOHYEB is that so many people consider it the best episode of AtS despite the fact that it barely features any of the main cast besides Angel himself. That's an amazing accomplishment and a testament to the writing, IMO. I think it just perfectly encapsulates what AtS was about and I think the acting, writing and cinematography are stunning.
        - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          I'm just rewatching S3 at the moment and I adore it even more than I did the first time I saw it. It has made me wonder if I'll end up still liking S4 more. Watching alongside BtVS has been really interesting. The thematic links across both shows just made me enjoy both seasons even more.

I would want to have rewatched all the seasons again before I tried to pick a top ten, but out of S1 my favourite three episodes are probably City Of, Somnambulist and The Prodigal, but I really like Five by Five and To Shanshu as well. Picking a top ten across the show is always going to be ridiculously tough. AYNOHYEB will always be number one though I think, such an incredible episode.
          Lol you say this all the time, you've been rewatching S3 for the moment for awhile now What's your favourite episode and least favourite episode ?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
          It bores me to tears I honestly find the last 3 episodes of Season 3 to be some of the dullest patch of episodes in the show's run. I liked the idea of Holtz but wasn't a fan of the execution, I detest Connor, and I feel that this is where Cordelia's characterisation has really went off the rails. I honestly dread those episodes whenever I get to them in my rewatch. "Benediction" is the best of the trio with a handful of moments I genuinely like but I'm not a fan of that arc overall.

I think what's so incredible about AYNOHYEB is that so many people consider it the best episode of AtS despite the fact that it barely features any of the main cast besides Angel himself. That's an amazing accomplishment and a testament to the writing, IMO. I think it just perfectly encapsulates what AtS was about and I think the acting, writing and cinematography are stunning.
          AYNOHYEB is stunning , I know there is some debate on whether having Judy at the end was necessary but that was it. I think I'd go for Reunion more though because of the double twist at the end. "We're all thats standing between you and real darkness" "I know, you're all fired"

Lol and I still can't imagine how someone in another thread claimed to watch the episode but couldn't remember how the Angel gang found out .... urm he told them

For S4 episodes what are your favourites, mine are Spin the Bottle/ Apocalypse Nowish (which I really enjoy) Habeus Corpses the Faith scenes, not the episodes themselves because Angelus is to ridiculous and Connor/Cordy is terrible but the Faith scenes on there own are gold
          Last edited by BtVS fan; 24-08-19, 07:24 AM.

Comment

For S4 episodes what are your favourites, mine are Spin the Bottle/ Apocalypse Nowish (which I really enjoy) Habeus Corpses the Faith scenes, not the episodes themselves because Angelus is to ridiculous and Connor/Cordy is terrible but the Faith scenes on there own are gold
            I think we have fairly similar tastes when it comes to Season 4. I agree wholeheartedly with you in regards to the strengths and weaknesses of the Faith arc. The Faith scenes are delightful but Angelus and Cordy/Connor do indeed bring it down. Nevertheless, I love Faith so much that both "Salvage" and "Release" are two personal favourites of mine.

My other favourites are "Spin the Bottle", "Deep Down", "Apocalypse Nowish", "Soulless", "The Magic Bullet" and "Home."
            - "The earth is doomed" -

Comment

Lol you say this all the time, you've been rewatching S3 for the moment for awhile now What's your favourite episode and least favourite episode ?
              Yes I know. That's because I'm watching the season alongside the S6 rewatch on here and that has been static for a long while. But at the same time I have been watching BtVS with a relative who is seeing it for the first time and who I managed to persuade to watch AtS too. We are watching one episode of each per week and just happen to have caught up with the rewatch and so are at S6/S3 too. We're a couple of episodes behind, having just watched the Forgiving/Normal Again combo this week, so in two weeks time we'll have caught up to the rewatch at The Price/Seeing Red and will then overtake it (as the rewatch is restarting but is one episode per fortnight). So whilst I have been saying I'm rewatching S3 for a looooong time I have also in that time rewatched S1 & 2 again as well. But I'll get to S4 really soon in both rewatches, and then I get to find out if I still love that as much as I did when I first watched it. I'll have to adore it for it to eclipse S3 for me at the moment.

I have genuinely enjoyed something about every episode I've rewatched so far in S3. I'm interested to see how I respond to Cordelia's storylines late S3/S4 as I'm more invested in her character now than when I first watched AtS. The relative I'm watching with is also very focused on her character so that is making me consider her path more closely. I haven't rewatched the last three eps of S3 yet so I'm not as confident of favourites/least favourites for sure but I remember being very torn at the end of S3 before because I adore Connor and loved all parts of his in the final eps (and yes, A New World is a weaker episode but the psychological aspects for Connor still interest me even if it isn't the best ep), but Cordelia's development definitely wasn't a plus for me when I watched before. Generally so far the stronger ones for me in the season (in no particular order) are Billy, Waiting in the Wings, Lullaby, Sleep Tight and Forgiving. I think Offspring is a weaker episode in the earlier part of the season.
              Last edited by Stoney; 24-08-19, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X