MeToo, Abuse of Power and Allegations of Sexual Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flow View Post
    What happened was she had a contract for season four. She got pregnant and delivered her baby during season four. She fulfilled her contract nonetheless.

She did not get a contract for season 5. Whatever was the reason - and I can think of numerous ones - it wasn’t her being pregnant because she wasn’t pregnant anymore. She already had had her baby boy.

I really am not a fan of JW. But it simply makes me suspicious when people start making accusations that aren’t based on facts. Charisma Carpenter didn’t get a contract for season 5. That’s a fact. She wasn’t pregnant then. That’s a fact. Now, anybody can believe the reason for her not getting a new contract was JW being pissed because she had become pregnant the previous season. I don’t believe that but if someone does it’s certainly nothing
    that is outright refuted by the facts.

Saying she got fired because she was pregnant is refuted by the facts. She didn’t get fired because she got pregnant Heck, we all saw her on the show with a baby belly, didn’t we?

flow
    Spare me the passive aggressive I get suspicious nonsense. That doesn't wash with me. I've not forgotten the time you PM'd me me and tried to bully me , so don't play that game with me.

If you'd have watched Angel Season 5 you'd have known she was back and she was then killed off which Charisma said they lied to her about doing for her agreeing to come back. You'd also know that the S4 pregnancy was a retcon along with the Connor relationship as the original intention was a Becoming style ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post
      You'd also know that the S4 pregnancy was a retcon along with the Connor relationship as the original intention was a Becoming style ending.
      They you also know she was meant to be killed off in S4 anyway and her departure had nothing to do with her pregnancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BtVS fan View Post

Spare me the passive aggressive I get suspicious nonsense. That doesn't wash with me. I've not forgotten the time you PM'd me me and tried to bully me , so don't play that game with me.

If you'd have watched Angel Season 5 you'd have known she was back and she was then killed off which Charisma said they lied to her about doing for her agreeing to come back. You'd also know that the S4 pregnancy was a retcon along with the Connor relationship as the original intention was a Becoming style ending.
        I also get suspicious of people throwing around baseless and already debunked accusations and I'm pretty sure I haven't sent any PM to you ever, so how passive aggressive does it make me on your scale? And if we are talking about baseless accusations, how about keeping PM things to PM? Because it's kind of ironic, that after being called out about repeating baseless accusations about Joss, you decided that best thing to do is to make one about other forum member. I'm starting to see some pattern here.
        Last edited by Alce; 28-07-20, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• BtVS fan
          BtVS fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Wind your neck in and don't call me a liar. Those PM's happened andif yousay otherwise you're a liar

• Alce
          Alce commented
          Editing a comment
          Like I would care. Also, way to completely miss the point.

• Ok everybody let's please keep this civil. If anyone has any problems with comments made by another member, either via PM or in this thread, then by all means raise it with a mod otherwise please stick to the topic at hand.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• https://people.com/movies/jason-momo...ce-league-set/

Comment

• So what did Joss do wrong? It's clear that Joss is no Harvey Weinstein so why is he being treated like Weinstein?

If Joss was a jerk to the actor's so what? Being a jerk is not a crime, and giving that Joss was brought in to try to save the sinking ship that was DC's superhero universe some behind the scenes tension isn't really a surprise.
            Last edited by Lostsoul666; 16-09-20, 03:31 PM.
            My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Yeah, I wish they would come right out and say because so far I'm not truly understanding whats meant to have gone on here.

Comment

• From what I understand, the real issue is The WB. Instead of trying to create a safe work culture for cast and crew, they are fighting the actors who speak up. It's rather absurd they made up a Frosty movie just to make it look like Momoa enjoys working with Johns after Fisher complained about Johns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nina View Post
                  From what I understand, the real issue is The WB. Instead of trying to create a safe work culture for cast and crew, they are fighting the actors who speak up. It's rather absurd they made up a Frosty movie just to make it look like Momoa likes working with Johns after Fisher complained about Johns.
                  And the successor, CW, is the same. This is why people like Jason Rothenberg thrive.

But I doubt other networks are much different. They'd fire showrunners (like Bryan Fuller) for going over budget even when they create amazing seasons that the audience and critics both adore, but people who treat cast and crew like dirt and take out their issues with the actors on the story itself and the fans, and somehow keep their jobs or keep getting new ones.
                  You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post

And the successor, CW, is the same. This is why people like Jason Rothenberg thrive.

But I doubt other networks are much different. They'd fire showrunners (like Bryan Fuller) for going over budget even when they create amazing seasons that the audience and critics both adore, but people who treat cast and crew like dirt and take out their issues with the actors on the story itself and the fans, and somehow keep their jobs or keep getting new ones.
                    The fact that Brian Singer is still hired after he has been accused by many men of rape/sexual misconduct with minors, says enough. If a director or showrunner makes money for the network or company, the suits don't really mind sadly enough.

Comment

• https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...sshole-a178415

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Ray Fisher Says DC Films Boss Walter Hamada Called Joss Whedon An "*******"

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/cdn-cgi/image/fit=cover,width=160,height=90,quality=50/images/articles/178415.jpg

Justice League star Ray Fisher has shared a video detailing Warner Bros.' Justice League investigation, revealing exactly what Walter Hamada said when he threw director Joss Whedon under the bus...

Josh Wilding | 9/16/2020

Justice League star Ray Fisher has shared another video update about Warner Bros.' ongoing investigation into what occurred during the movie's reshoots. After DC Films boss Walter Hamada recently tried to downplay the actor's comments by indicating that he had refused to take part in the investigation, Fisher has now decided to make some of what he said public.

As you may recall, Fisher previously alleged that Hamada had attempted to throw director Joss Whedon and producer Jon Berg under the bus, all while protecting comic book writer and prolific producer Geoff Johns (who is an undeniably valuable asset to both Warner Bros. and DC).

Challenging Hamada to sue him if he's lying, Fisher says: "[Walter Hamada] did throw Joss Whedon and Jon Berg under the bus. A conversation wherein he did claim that Joss Whedon was an *******, that he never planned on hiring and that did not fit his vision for the future of DC Films. Quote me on that. If it’s not true, Walter, go ahead and sue me on that."

It really does feel like Warner Bros. is hoping to pin whatever happened on the set of Justice League on Whedon and Berg, while ensuring there are no ramifications for Johns, a creative powerhouse at DC both in terms of comic books and live-action adaptations.

The plot thickens...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFIASYT...ource=ig_embed

Comment

• Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post

Look what happened to Eliza Dushku. She pretty much got blackballed after the harassment on Bull.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lostsoul666 View Post
                          There's two sides to every story. We have never heard Joss side.
                          Joss doesn't say anything. He doesn't even deny it. His tactic is to keep quiet and wait for the Heat to blow over then carry on as normal like nothing happened.

Comment

Working...
                          X