No announcement yet.

How's everybody holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700 cases in Ontario today. Highest ever so far.

The response so far? They closed down strip clubs and made last call at bars 11 PM.

I'm supposed to start a new part time job soon but am waiting for a background check to clear online. If/when things shutdown again I have no idea when I'd get the background check mailed to me, or if my would-be employer would be open again.

I also live with high-risk people so I'm debating whether I should even take it; it's mine if I want it but I haven't locked myself into the contract yet. But it could be the start of a dream career scenario.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
      GoSpuffy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck. I hope it works out. Numbers are worrying

• Thanks GoSpuffy. My background check actually did come in the mail today. So that's 1 thing done.

Comment

• I'm happy to report that I received a job offer today. I was laid off April 3rd so it's been a long wait. I'm very happy with my new job. It's got great benefits and offers lots of time off. I work an extra half hour a day and in return get every second Friday off. Covid19 numbers are getting high in Quebec and Ontario but BC is still doing not bad. Not good, but certainly better than many other places. I'm worried a second wave is coming but trusting that our government is controlling it as much as these things can be controlled.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Double Dutchess
        Double Dutchess commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

• TriBel
        TriBel commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done...knew you could do it!

• SpuffyGlitz
        SpuffyGlitz commented
        Editing a comment
        Fabulous news, so happy to hear it!! Congratulations!

• Well done. I hope it all goes well for you.

Comment

• Trump has just been tested positive for COVID-19. His wife too.

flow
        ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• The posts through today on the news about Trump have fairly regularly stepped into what we feel has been quite an unpleasant tone for the forum. We are not trying to regulate your personal opinions but we are concerned with the effect how opinions are expressed can have on the overall atmosphere of the board. We appreciate that Trump is a very controversial person and a lot of people hold very strong negative opinions on him. But some people support him too. Whilst he isn't protected against rude comments and we are not vetoing negative opinions, we would still like to encourage people to be constructive in their posts and provide details and information rather than putting up posts that lean more to jeering or name calling. Consequently all posts that were single lines about the news on Trump, that didn't contain points for discussion, will be deleted.

Comment

• DeepBlueJoy
            DeepBlueJoy commented
            Editing a comment
            I posted to a thread I made: please disagree civilly. If me and hubby and Carville and Matalin can do it, so can every other decent person

• Very sad milestone in Canada today. We've reached 10,000 deaths due to Covid. That may seem small but remember that we only have 37 million people.

According to the link we are at 27 deaths per 100K people . Click the link to see how your country is doing
          How does mortality differ across countries? Examining the number of deaths per confirmed case and per 100,000 population. A global comparison.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• It feels like a long winter is ahead.

Comment

• I voted. I voted in person even though we had ballots sent to every registered voter. I want to be one of the popular vote, whatever transpires. I am scared. I am going to stay off the streets on Tuesday.

Comment

• I feel like I'm going crazy which I feel giving the situation is affecting everyone makes me sound selfish.

Things just feel so hopeless. When will life get back to the way that it used to be? 2021? 2022? 2023? 2024? 2025? Never?

I can't eat one of my favorite foods anymore since the grocery store doesn't have a salad bar anymore, and those probably won't return after this crisis.

I'm tired of worrying about my Mom getting it everytime that she goes to work.

I'm just tired.
                My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The uncertainty and lack of control in particular can be very draining. If there's one thing you can be sure of I think it's that there are a lot of people that feel the same. It isn't selfish to be finding things tough.

• Lostsoul666

I can feel you. Yesterday our chancellor announced we will be going back into lockdown on Monday. They call it lockdown light because for the time being schools and shops will stay open. But no family gatherings, no entertainment, whatever it is, no bar, cafes, restaurants, no meeting friends...

When all this happened for the first time in March it was still Springtime. The sun was shining, the weather was getting warmer, the leaves on the trees turned green. Now it's cold and dark and we have a long and bleak winter coming. The coming months are going to be hard. And there is no knowing that we will have at least a vaccine or the virus will go away by itself in two months, three months, six months, or a year. it could be happening or the virus could stay with us for years.

How are we going to hold up?

flow
                Last edited by flow; 01-11-20, 07:36 PM.
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Well to be honest imo this virus isn't going to just disappear on it's own and workable vaccine probaly won't be available for a good few years, hell some scientists are saying never as past strains of Covid we still don't have anything for. For my age group at least.

Sadly wether we like it or not many of us are going to have to adapt to a much more restricted way of life If they want to protect themselves and their families. I'm of an age and health that I doubt anything is going to come along to help me any time soon and so It looks like I'm stuck with staying indoors and/wearing a mask till I drop dead, which considering my failing heart will probably not be all that way off.

Comment

• For me I just want to know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. That no matter how long it takes things will get better again because right now things just feel so hopeless.
                    My deviantart: http://vampfox.deviantart.com/

Comment

• In a bit of good news, I did take that job I mentioned a while back. Just had a Zoom Halloween party with themed trivia and mini costume contest for those that wanted to dress up. About 95 of us on the call and that's just from my portion of of Ontario and those of us that could get away for an hour; so a massive company with some heart. I'm really glad I took the job and would like to stay there if possible, though I'm on a contract in the nonprofit sector so we'll see.
                      Last edited by DanSlayer; 31-10-20, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                        Double Dutchess commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congratulations on the job!

• flow
                        flow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds great! Fingers crossed you can stay!

• Thanks everybody!

Comment

Working...
                      X