No announcement yet.

How's everybody holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay strong Sybil! One day this will all be over.

Comment

• I am not sure this will be over unless we get a vaccine. We have a culture of selfishness, stupidity and ignorance.

The deliberate disinformation machine does not help.

Comment

• Well 'over' in that many years in the future we may develop better treatments that would mean the virus damages/kills less. But I'm not hopeful for anything within the next few years that will mean a return to what the world once was sadly.

Comment

• O.M.Goodness! How generous and kind you are. (sniffle—Oh! Not “that”—just deeply touched in the time of your own “interesting times”).

While I agree that it will indeed take take to find a trustworthy, efficacious vaccine, they are trying to also “’ science the hell” out of this virus and its mutations for those “supports” and “stop gaps” meanwhile.

Because people only learn “part of the story,” they may not know that the tiny amount of mercury in injectables uses an ION that is not ‘mercury poisoning’—brought up only because of this usual method for medical preventatives.

The very fact that we have dumped tens of thousands, in very short time spans, of complex, dangerous, as well as supposedly “safe” chemicals into the environment that makes modern life so prosperous, conventient and mostly “profitable”, means the organic interactions of those things over several generations is a ginormous complexity interacting with specific genomes that may and I repeat MAY have influenced the “rise,” for example only, of austism—even though exploring the very range of this condition is itself very wide. I honestly am not sure if a person capable of actually paying attention versus the ‘normal’ quixotic interactions of children are not all counted as “autism” nowadays--by many of the public. I know I am not enough in the “know’ to even “know” what is theoretically even being targeted as autism. ANYWHO! We do know that destroying the stable environments of organisms, even those trapped in permafrost and currently being released in their melt, is not helping the very people doing it in order to “just eat”—let alone ‘global marketplaces.’

My ‘rumor mill’ is concerned with how open these general (global) competitors in schools and companies are with their professional insights and ‘products.’ Business exists for one thing only, as it was indeed designed: All the profit all the time for “me.” (Which is why giving ‘living attributes’ to an organization of efforts has led to the economic destabilization of inequality in most capitalistic systems, unless people write their controlling laws better than we, for example, have done in the U.S.).

I am very aware that tech makes it possible to study vast amounts of complex data, dependent upon the variables it is actually designed or asked to seek—which, also lead(s) to the ‘what’s missing’ question(s). But in our drives for new chemistry, we are creating our own dangers, e.g. the inability to find the means to the overcome the monstrous resistors to all our drugs and techniques. We can’t unravel every cause and effect because we are still ‘in them.’ It’s a problem!

I am sure that many of you endured something requiring “blood tests”—and you can’t help wonder that “they” can’t find “something that works” specifically for you. After all, they have the “whole human genome of you, past and presently accounted for” in that sample. While the great “someday” may happen, I honestly don’t mean to be a “negative Nelly” but the hardest human thing to do is to get a human to change their mind, let alone actually act upon it.

I am just so grateful for my little time on the planet and in this time that you are “keeping yourselves in life, in efforts to function with the best of us humans in caring for each other and doing those things necessary to care for yourself , in mind and body, despite horrible worries and desires “to get back to normal”—as if you EVER were “mindless” to such responsibilities—to even able to think about caring for another—and you did act upon your mindset to offer a grand cheer (and cheer up) to me.

Being legal isn’t always being right, but ‘back to normal’ to me is also unacceptable because the world is literally burning and ‘if it’s not one thing, it’s another’ IS reality that WE ALL can recognize, learn, make new choices, live better or deeper, rather than in just more distraction and just “more” as the measure of success—which is hoarded for one’s own (legacy) and “chosen ones” that is also behind the (arrogant entitlement) drive for power: more freedom and more choice (over you) than you. That is why “the lousy guberment” is really more about “somebody” likes it this way. WE didn’t pay attention to “those people” and to what they DO, not just what they “say.”

I do believe people change and can and do better. I believe that the very idea of mandating education for the young may have been to provide greater opportunity for adult labor, but has truly been the “great equalizer” in moving the generational “thought” forward to look higher and deeper—even to these times. Who’d have thunk these darn kids nowadays would actually see LACK of racism as “normal”==even if a child’s ‘mindless cruelty’ is still part of ‘finding place’ and even expressing affection—who knew? I have great faith that the global outlook, with a great and watchful eye on ‘powers’ is already here and ALWAYS HAS BEEN!

You power this. You, too, are the “educators!” For “reals!!” None of us “gets out” alive, and, yet! you insist by insisting you are still here, you learn and grow and SHARE that you CAN and DO! Marvelous!

Even the ads of “double speak” of BP investing in “clean energy” is one sign they know where THEIR bread is buttered. And! People ARE the POWER! We are actually learning to respect ourselves (the human “animal,’ which means we HAVE to consider “the other!” and the “capricious marvel” that is NATURE! We do keep trying to ‘transmit’ our LEARNING, too!

SO KEEP FAITH in ALL OF US. In “legal speak”—just for King, btw—“illegitimi non carborundum” (mock Latin: “don’t let the b*stards get you down!”)

And yes, we can share new stories, which is why I love coming to this forum to see and hear exactly that from the “wise ones” of originators and the new audiences sharing their stories with you, which shares them with “little ‘ole me” each day! Thank you for caring about the story of being human and showing the very best of humanity, even when your experience is in a faith that doesn’t always hold much of it for that humanity, you are proving, by what you do, you are “all the reason” to “keep the faith!”

THANKS! : )

sybil

Comment

• We are going through record heat - it was 114 yesterday. With swamp cooling, the temp inside is mid to high 80's. We are also in a record drought, so no rain, no crashing thunderstorms, no monsoons. I am just hanging on, waiting for this hell to end.

Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• OMG that must be awful! That kind of heat would kill me!

Comment

• I just grimly try to hold on to my sanity. And wait for winter where the temps will be in the 60's and 70's. This is the reverse version of the MN winter from hell.

Do we have a sweaty emoticon?
                Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think so.  You could opt for one of these instead.

​​​​​​​

• I definitely think we should get one.

Comment

• Tiny Tabby
                  Tiny Tabby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We need a scrubbing hands emoji, too, with lots of soap bubbles

• Stoney
                  Stoney commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That made me smile.

• horrific fires in both northern and
                southern california all this past week—

and the man to whom we must refer
                as president is refusing aid on
                the grounds that the state did not
                follow his recommendation:

to rake the forest leaves....

meanwhile, COVID-19 rates in midwestern,
                mainly republican states, continue to escalate....

oy vey—

can it possibly become stupider—?

Comment

• bespangeled
                  bespangeled commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wait for November - we can all hold on that long....

• TriBel
                  TriBel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "can it possibly become stupider—?"

Umm...Yes? This is Trump...he's reached levels of stupid no one thought possible....and I think he's got more to give.

• StateOfSiege97
                  StateOfSiege97 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  exactly what i dread—especially come november....

• I'm not convinced Biden will win. Popular vote yes, electoral college? Total crap shoot. Even if he loses, will he admit it or try to stay in office while he litigates?

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• StateOfSiege97
                  StateOfSiege97 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hence my dread...
                  and even if trump loses the electoral college,
                  i am far from sure he will concede....

• So sorry to hear about the wild fires. It still fresh in our minds down under too. I think they are sending some fire teams over from here to help.

It was a good wake up call for the rest of the country though. A lot of shires got straight on to burn offs. I know I feel a lot safer now since they did controlled burns around the places to burn off the fuel. Its already grown back greener than I've ever seen. The wildflowers will be phenomenal next year.I do have to start clearing my yard for the summer season. It is still green now but all it takes is a cigarette butt thrown from the highway on a dry day and the place would be up in smoke. I hope the weather turns in your favour.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
                  I'm not convinced Biden will win. Popular vote yes, electoral college? Total crap shoot. Even if he loses, will he admit it or try to stay in office while he litigates?
                  Yeah, imo were in that period of history where evil rules the land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quake View Post
                    So sorry to hear about the wild fires. It still fresh in our minds down under too. I think they are sending some fire teams over from here to help.

It was a good wake up call for the rest of the country though. A lot of shires got straight on to burn offs. I know I feel a lot safer now since they did controlled burns around the places to burn off the fuel. Its already grown back greener than I've ever seen. The wildflowers will be phenomenal next year.I do have to start clearing my yard for the summer season. It is still green now but all it takes is a cigarette butt thrown from the highway on a dry day and the place would be up in smoke. I hope the weather turns in your favour.
                    endless thanks for your giving thoughts—

so glad to read of the green's, the flowers' returning—

but yes, the constant possibility....

last summer/autumn was safe and clear, due to
                    a most rainy winter, but the one before, the
                    culmination of a long drought, created
                    catastrophic conflagrations—

(though i would add that all the fires cannot be blamed
                    on smokers: they are the product of climate change—

(it has produced the drought conditions that drive the flames—

(besides, here in northern california, at least, we
                    smokers tend to be the most careful of creatures: i
                    cannot remember the last time i tossed a lit—or
                    seemingly out—cigarette away... my friends and i
                    who meet to smoke in the park across from our complex of
                    buildings—to smoke inside would violate our leases—
                    smush them with our feet on the concrete and, once
                    sure they are out, deposit them gently in the trash...

(and note: the california fires were caused by lightning,
                    combined with a terrible lack of rain this winter... )

Comment

• Oh I just meant my yard, by the cigarettes, I am near a highway and a lot of the truckers smoke and ash out the window. Cigarette butts have been much less over the years People are becoming more considerate with it for sure, (or on the meth pipe instead). My garden is pretty wild right now, once it dries out in summer it could be lethal. There is also a lot of broken glass, the house and orchard is built on an old aboriginal reserve.

Its a scary time when things are burning. I hope people get out and stay safe, including people with breathing difficulties near by. Houses can be re-built, things can be replaced. Do they practice burning off/preventative burns in the states? Cleaning up all the fuel really helps stop them getting so hot and out of control around settlements. I am so relieved they've done the whole region to the coast here. Many people protested on social media but the majority know its the best way to keep the yearly fires under control and away from towns. The cool fires are regenerative, some flowers will only appear after fire. Bushfires start no matter what, but they are much easier to control when there is less to burn. I hope the landscape recovers well in California, as it has here.

I went shopping tonight. With the way the east coast is going with Covid19, I figure its a good idea to keep the stocks up.

Comment

• Quake

I understand, did not take it personally—

The horrific Oakland Hills firestorm of 1991
                        was caused by a cigarette thrown out of
                        a car during another long period of drought...
                        Friends of mine lost their houses, their children
                        all sense of security—

It is more about the way that smokers are
                        treated like criminals in some parts of
                        Northern California:

One of my dearest friends lived in Berkeley
                        during her first year in grad school there, and
                        when she would go out on the street to smoke—
                        always picking up after herself when she was
                        done—a woman who lived down the way (and
                        clearly had nothing better to do) would rush out
                        and, face screwed up in judgy condemnation,
                        present her with an elaborately inscribed fake
                        ticket for smoking, which was not even against
                        the law in that part of the city (it is downtown)—

Yes, to your concern for those with respiratory
                        problems: another one of my neighbors has a
                        14-year-old, ailing dog, and on the night our air
                        quality was viciously infused by the fires northward,
                        Lion stopped breathing...

James was able to bring him back by massaging
                        his chest, but he could not walk until the morning—
                        and the fog—came to relieve him...

I worry too for all those who will be having trouble
                        seeing doctors: to deal with COVID-19, Oakland
                        and San Francisco (my sister works for the SF
                        City Health Department) closed down all the local
                        clinics, depriving the poor, most especially, of
                        easy access to care...

Now they must venture out into the clogged air,
                        onto the bus—often many different busses—to
                        get to SF General (we are supposed to call it
                        Zuckerberg Hospital, but I refuse), where they
                        will have to wait for hours—

If the fear of the air and the busses does not
                        immure them in their homes, gasping—

PS Thanks for the lovely wishes for our renewal...
                        That will not come until Spring, after, we are all
                        desperately praying, there comes a Fall and
                        Winter Deluge.... So happy that yours has
                        arrived much sooner....

PPS And yes, they do clear, &c.—although less
                        so this year, due to the demands of our too, too
                        pandemic times.....

Care, care—

Comment

Working...
                        X