No announcement yet.

How's everybody holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Comment

• I am so sorry to hear about your loss, DeepBlueJoy. I am sending you my prayers and best wishes.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• My condolences DeepBlueJoy

Comment

• Well, AZ is in the beginning of a record spike in both new cases and hospitalizations.

Our Republican governor has decided to allow cities and counties to impose mask requirement. For the first time there are actual penalties for not wearing a mask. Up until now it was required but not enforced - hey, this is the wild west. The wrinkle is that now the county gets to step in and decide, and the county includes several cities. So the county can insist there be no enforcement of the mask law, which puts us back to where we were.

My daughter who is an essential worker will no longer be getting combat pay, even though her chances of getting sick are far higher than they were before.

To be honest, if I didn't hate Republicans before, I sure as hell do now. This state is run by idiots who believe we can wish away COVID. Ducey and his Republican cronies are more concerned about the economy. The bars are open, the restaurants are open, the parties are going on, there have been no restrictions for weeks. The only thing our governor has done is reassure the people that there are plenty of extra hospital beds and ventilators. Now we will get to find out how mass illness and death effect the economy as the hospitals go under.

Our hospitals disagree with the governor - they are warning of disaster. Oh, and there is talk of building field hospitals - in 100+ degree heat. Sounds great, doesn't it?
    Last edited by bespangeled; 20-06-20, 05:38 AM.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
      GoSpuffy commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay home, stay safe. My heart goes out to you. This is awful.

• DeepBlueJoy
      DeepBlueJoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Please be safe. I pray for your daughter. I am scared for all who are essential, underpaid and over exposed. It is evil!

• More joy - AZ is now officially one of the hardest hit regions in the world surpassing Brazil, Peru, and all the European countries. All the terrible things you heard about Lombardi, Italy, Arizona per capita has surpassed Lombardi, Italy. The state expects us to send our kids to school in about 6 weeks, but doesn't have the money to changes schedules or assure their health in any way. Either the kids return to school or the schools go under because AZ is 49th in school funding.

This is the REPUBLICANS! Make no mistake - this is being deliberately done because it is the will of Trump and his legions. Ducey - our governor - has his head shoved so far up Trump's ass he has no problems with this shitshow. He has said he will not close the state down under any circumstances. But after lobbying he is willing to allow cities to require masks, something that had been forbidden by state edict.

Also we have 625 square miles of forest fires going on in the state, and the temperatures is over 100f.

Arizona is a frickin hell dimension!

Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• StateOfSiege97
      StateOfSiege97 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have all my sympathies—
      And to italicize the horrors your state is enduring,
      you had the man himself there for a rally—a
      rally that will doubtless further the transmission of the
      virus...
      at least it, while better attended than the obscenity
      in Tulsa, was still far from full....

• bespangeled
      bespangeled commented
      Editing a comment
      It was 3000 high school students and their families crowded into a church without masks. 3000 teenagers. Students for Trump.

Talk about obscenity.
      Last edited by bespangeled; 24-06-20, 11:21 AM.

• DeepBlueJoy
      DeepBlueJoy commented
      Editing a comment
      What is wrong with these f=%÷=$?

• Your comments made me think of this, I think you'll find it amusing, but not amusing enough to make up for AZ
    A parody twitter account called Nary Trump (@unRealMaryTrump) is seeing a huge jump in followers while it trolls Trump in the lead up to the release of actual Mary Trump's tell-all book.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
      The UK is now second in the number of Corona deaths per 1 million citizens, only outnumbered by Belgium. I have no idea why Belgium of all countries has been hit that hard.

flow
      I'm sure I read somewhere Belgium is counting all Care Home deaths as Covid regardless of whether they've been tested or not (there were some moans about it). Also, Belgium and The Netherlands have a greater population density than the UK (Belgium's might be greater than England's). I don't know how accurate our figures are. The UK's excess deaths are round about 65,000.
      sigpic

Comment

• Forget murder Hornets, a dust storm is the next thing headed at the US.
        Dust is on the way to the United States this week making the more than 6,000-mile journey from the Sahara Desert. This might seem to work against typical weather patterns, but dust in the United States from the Sahara happens every year. While it may not be abnormal to see the Saharan dust make its […]

Comment

• Thank you all for your words of comfort. Please everyone, stay as safe as you can. Masks - and gloves if you have them. The rulers are cavalier because they live in a bubble. They are ruled by their allegience to the cult of greed and fear of change. They cannot think for themselves. They follow a naked orange headed emperor. Even if it kills us all. Frakkin lemmings!

Comment

• Quick question....why does the US death count report on the news always lag behind the number being reported in Canada? The gap seems to be widening. I noticed 125,000 being reported today but we have it as almost 127,000. Does the number on this link match what other countries are seeing ?
            Coronavirus updates COVID-19: Areas in The United States, United States with cases of the latest novel coronavirus (COVID-19 or 2019-nCoV).

Comment

• I use this source and I think it's consistent with yours:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

I have no idea why CNN has different numbers. But you are right, I just checked both sources and CNN at the same time and CNN is lagging about 2000 deaths behind.

flow

................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• GoSpuffy - I use the same source as flow although this one https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data is thought to be one of the best (I find the Worldometer one easier to read). I think it depends on what time of day countries report the data. As soon as they're reported on Worldometer they disappear into the running total so they often look a day behind.
                sigpic

Comment

• CNN says 125,073 as of today, June 26, 452am. I wonder why it's so low compared to what everyone else is reporting?

Comment

• TriBel
                    TriBel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Worldometer reporting 127,308 for the US.

• GoSpuffy
                    GoSpuffy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fake news in Trumps favour in the US?

• How is everyone? We've done very well in BC but our "R" number ticked up over 1 this week and our cases are back up to 20 a day where as they had been down to one a day. We're told the second wave will start in September could it be early? Or this is just people getting lazy in the first wave?

Comment

• we are back in full lockdown here in the Bay Area—

the spike has not been as extreme as it is in Southern
                    California—or in those parts of the country that fully,
                    stupidly re-opened without ever completely closing—

but just to be safe, Governor Newsom, who has
                    handled things really quite well, quashed the plans
                    for the partial re-opening that had been set to go
                    into effect last week...

all to the good, much as my hair wishes otherwise....

(but my wonderful person, who owns the salon i
                    go to, has promised me a private session next week,
                    in preparation for the online Emily Dickinson
                    Conference—the scheduled conference on ED and
                    Shakespeare has been moved to next year, and in
                    its place, we are holding a shorter meeting, with
                    the most appropriate theme: "Dickinson and Distance")

so holding up here, but utterly horrified by what
                    is going on in the rest of the country, between the
                    ever-rising number of cases, the invasion of Portland,
                    the threats that it will spread to other cities, the
                    dithering over extension of aid to the many still
                    out of work, and the talk, by the man whom i must
                    call the president, of cutting back funding for
                    testing—as if, somehow, that would, by reducing
                    the reported number of cases, reduce the actual
                    number of infections and deaths....

no wonder the rest of the world finds us horrific—

Comment