No announcement yet.

How's everybody holding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoSpuffy No - it's not a joke - it's this guy - Humble - who's mentioned in The Guardian - this is his rebuttal (I've been involved in a discussion "elsewhere"):

"Fake news has been active in denying that chlorine dioxide (as MMS) helps fight disease and has confused it with common household bleach. They deny the truth by telling lies. Common household bleach (NaClO) destroys pathogens through chlorination. Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) kills pathogens through the process of oxidation, there is a big difference. The FDA, EPA, and other government agencies have written many articles praising the use of chlorine dioxide on food and other uses (showing that it is not poisonous).

Unfortunately some of this information is disappearing from the internet."

Important Facts Regarding MMS - Jim Humble | MMS | Master Mineral Solution | JIMHUMBLE.CO

Ironically, ​​​there's also this - a warning letter sent by the US Food and Drug Administration to Humble et.al. (kinda on the authority of the POTUS). There's good reason why "some of this information is disappearing from the internet".

https://buffy-boards.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fda.gov%2Fthemes%2Fcustom%2Fpreview%2Fimg%2FFDA-Social-Graphic.png&hash=9fe21d41b629b18219812b8d140978b7&return_error=1http://buffyforums.net/forums/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==Genesis 2 Church - 606459 - 04/08/2020

Unapproved Products Related to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
    https://buffy-boards.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fda.gov%2Fthemes%2Fcustom%2Fpreview%2Ffavicon.ico&hash=67bfbd6581a02c33a7b91c110a507a5e&return_error=1http://buffyforums.net/forums/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==www.fda.gov
    sigpic

Comment

• Ice break will be here in the next day or so. That's what we call reaching 100 degrees - ice break on the Rillito river. The Rillito is actually a wash that doesn't have water most of the year, but when the storms come it runs high and fast. We lose a few people a year who decide they can drive around the warning signs and through a running wash somewhere in town. If the person survives they are now charged for the rescue effort. Call it a stupidity tax.

So, it's 99f outside and we don't have our swamp (evap) cooler set up so this place is a hellhole. My brain is melting into ooze even as we speak. I got in the shower with my shirt on, and now I am sitting in wet clothes. It helps. The heat is not a bad thing because it will bring the storms eventually. People come from all over the world to see the lightening. And there really is nothing sweeter than rain in the desert. Too bad the ground is as porous as plastic wrap.

Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• Back when the SARS crisis hit in 2003. I started a short-term job at a psychiatric hospital. We all had to use hand-sanitizer, etc when we entered the building. I was told that a few days earlier that some patient had coated themselves in hand sanitzer and lit themselves on fire like the Human Torch. But I was told not to worry as that sort of thing only happened about once a quarter. (Sheltered as I was in a library job, it hadn’t previously occurred to me that it would happen at all.)

I miss the days when that seemed abnormal.

I hope everyone is staying safe.

Seeing the people in Toronto as I walk to the grocery story, I feel that some have a different sense of social distancing that me. I see little groups — not seemingly a family unit that live together — or people brushing past others on the street, as apparently they’re not going to let a pandemic slow their normal behaviour. Frightening.

Comment

• I saw the results, more than once, of in-patients in psych wards drinking straight bleach. Not a pretty sight. They'd do anything to get out of those places. One of the bigger outbreaks in Oz has been traced back to a psych unit.

Restrictions are being lifted here. I duno what winter will bring. Numbers are pretty low but there is community transmission. I am going to the city today hopefully before news of the lifted restrictions spreads too much haha. I am hoping it will be quiet. We didn't get to a full lockdown here but shutting the boarders was paramount to slowing the spread.

Comment

• Ontario is finally starting to come down on a consistent basis, though not at the under 200 per day they want to start Phase 1 of reopening yet. They have recently reopened hardware stores, gardening centers and hiking trails though. Storefronts that have outdoor access can now all do curbside pickup as well. Quebec is actually opening up faster then us when they still have more cases then we do, so everyone's a bit nervous about that. Also people's patience may run thin if Quebec opens faster and can manage it; but we're still not even at Phase 1 yet.

So far it's good that the border is still sealed though there is some worry if Trump gets it in his head to reopen. Good luck getting Canadians to respect local lockdown orders if the Americans can come up whenever they want.

Over 80% of the deaths in Ontario and I think most of Canada are from LTC homes, going to need to be a massive shift in that sector when this ends.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
              GoSpuffy commented
              Editing a comment
              For some reason BC never closed hardware stores, garden stores or construction. Ours was "lockdown light " but we go to the next phase Monday. We are terrified of the border opening. Hopefully Trump's too busy to think about Canada right now. Our cases are way under 200. Probably average around 25 per day.

• We did not close hardware stores in much of the eastern US as most states consider construction, and house repair pros to be essential and they cannot build or fix without supplies.

I have had people working on the outside of my house. They need the work and i am glad not to compete for their schedule. We had this contracted back in October, but it was too cold then. The only thing that changed is the scope of the project enlarged. They have time for things they did not before.

Comment

• GoSpuffy Wow. That's great. We're still in the 300s although like 80% of it is the GTA, much like Quebec is mostly Montreal area.

DeepBlueJoy Our hardware stores still had curbside pickup, but they're open to have people inside now. Every other retailer except in malls can now do curbside. We had a bunch of windows done last year.

Comment

• The death toll in the U.S. is slowly getting closer to 100k.

100.000 deaths. What's maybe most horrifying about this number is that people's minds are not really able to grasp it. You have hundreds of deaths and people are shocked and maybe scared. You have thousands of deaths and people are in grief and despair. You have tens of thousands of deaths and people are staring blankly at the numbers. You have hundreds of thousands of deaths and people are turning away.

flow
                ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• bespangeled
                  bespangeled commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Particularly when it's politically expedient to turn away.

• DeepBlueJoy
                  DeepBlueJoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I fear it will pass 250k before the year is out. I fear we might make it to 1/3 of deaths, but Brazil may prevent that. Leaders stupid and selfish; people die. For nothing!

• Great news!
                Using technology developed in Canada and China, it was the first candidate vaccine in the world to make it to Phase 2 human clinical trials. However, before any trials begin in Canada, the vaccine would need approval from Health Canada.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Life is back to normal here, I even got stuck behind a caravan on the highway! People were still keeping their distance in town. I hope social distancing sticks around forever. The radio asked if people would keep going to gigs if you had to stay within your own square. I'd START going to gigs again if they did that! A whole metre square to dance in ON MY OWN! No random grinding or being sweat on by strangers. Sounds like bliss.

The news is begging people to go to the doctors, plus really going on, and on, and on about mental health check ups in the tv adverts. Enough to drive anyone crazy.

The bank manager was talking to me in the store the other day, saying it all seems so unreal. We've been untouched here while the rest of the world is majorly affected. He said it didn't seem real, and we wouldn't even know if it was or not because all of our info comes from our devices. We have no faces or names to the ones who have perished. I am thankful for international forums to hear about it from the ground floor, but I'd doubt the seriousness of it too if I'd only ever heard about it via mass media. Really does feel like I live down under upside down through this all, life has really improved for me.

Comment

• It's called universal health care and it's a good thing....

Comment

• The link doesn't want to work

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...hospital-bill/

can you imagine? Paying money for health care? It boggles mind!

Comment

• Our administration has presented an App today that is supposed to help track infections. I have no idea if and how it will work but I am already downloading it. Anything if only my eight-year-old can fully go back to school one day (and no, it's not his math diploma I am worried about ... it's my sanity)

flow

Comment

• Double Dutchess
                          Double Dutchess commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Here, kids can go back to school again since a couple of weeks and my colleagues with kids are VERY happy about it.

• flow
                          flow commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kids go back to school here in Germany too but they only attend every other day or every other week. The schedule is up to the school but the goal is to reduce the number of pupils who are at school at the same time to half of the usual number. I am VERY unhappy about it.

• Double Dutchess
                          Editing a comment
                          I think it's not full-time here either, or at least it wasn't when they first reopened the schools. But I don't have kids myself, so I'm not entirely up-to-date with it. I guess having them go back to school part-time is better than nothing, but I understand it's not quite enough!

• The UK is now second in the number of Corona deaths per 1 million citizens, only outnumbered by Belgium. I have no idea why Belgium of all countries has been hit that hard.

flow

Comment

• My uncle held on for many weeks on a ventilator, but finally his almost 90 year old body ran out of fuel. His daughter has recovered, thankfully. Sadly we cannot have a big funeral like we did for his wife in 2004. They are in NYC.

I will miss him.

Comment

• GoSpuffy
                            GoSpuffy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So sorry to hear this DBJ

• Double Dutchess
                            Editing a comment
                            My condolences.

• TriBel
                            TriBel commented