X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flow View Post
    But true...

flow
    Yeah It seems just like in the UK at the moment there's too many greedy idiots walking around that believe any damn thing If It's repeated enough times.

Comment

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* Hilary Clinton was very unpopular and she still won the popular vote by around 3 millions. US Senator Bernie Sanders is one of the most popular politicians. US Senator Elizabeth Warren is popular. Vice President Joseph Biden is popular.

The concern is the US Senate and whether Democrats will rid of the filibuster (which they should, as Republicans will rid of it later on anyway).

Comment

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* I don't know why Bill Maher is pushing US Senator Amy Klobuchar (I had to look up how to spell her surname). She's polling 9th and hasn't done well in the debates. The Democratic might have another 1968 A.D. thing if she's chosen at the 2019 Democratic Convention.

Maher seems to simply want another Barack Obama. The country is further to the left than when Obama was US President. Donald Trump won by touting economic populism and racism. Trump was further to the left of Hilary Clinton on trade. Trump tied Clinton to her Goldman Sachs fundraisers.

The voters know Trump is very corrupt. He's not to the left of US Senators Sanders and Warren on trade and economic policy. And he's not popular. Maher is also incorrect by calling "The Squad" unpopular given they are more popular than almost all other politicians especially including US Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

US Senators Sanders and Warren did the best in the 3rd Democratic debate and Sanders is doing very well in State matchups against Trump.

And this is before many people are even paying attention to the US Presidential Democratic Primaries.

The only things voters don't like that some of the US Democratic Presidential Candidates are touting are 'open borders' and reparations.

Comment

Obama was very much a centrist, as have been all democrat presidents since Carter.

Comment

All caught up.

Copy & Pasted this: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...l=1#post755305

* US Senator Kamala Harris is essentially out of the race. ‘Mayor Pete’ has racial problems that the Mainstream Media for some reason isn’t addressing. They try to paint Black people not supporting ‘Mayor Pete’ as being probably homophobic. ‘Mayor Pete’ has real problems in South Bend, Indiana. Black people are generally correct not to support him over others in the US Presidential Democratic Primaries.

* US Senator Elizabeth Warren is doing better in the Debates and she’s putting out good plans. I have more confidence in her against US President Donald Trump or Mike Pence. But US Senator Bernard Sanders polls better than her against Trump and would probably be better in debates.

* I don’t like the idea of US Senator Sanders possibly actually being anti-billionaire. I currently lean toward US Senator Warren’s positions—especially regarding foreign policy.

* Michael Bloomberg would get crushed by US President Trump. It’s easily argued Bloomberg is much less of a Democrat than former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and it’s easily argued Schwarzenegger was a better Governor than Bloomberg was a Mayor.

* US Vice President Joseph Biden is possibly somehow a worse candidate than Hilary Clinton was. He also doesn’t get big crowds. And his fundraising is somehow worse than former ‘nobodies’.

* I consider it irrational for the very rich and the very wealthy to openly oppose things like US Senator Elizabeth Warren’s wealth taxes and such.

John D. Rockefeller gave most of his wealth to charity and founded the University of Chicago. Andrew Carnegie established a bunch of libraries and such. Cornelius Vanderbilt left a legacy of charity. These were some of the greatest businesspeople in history. William Gates is giving away most of his money and is still only semi-liked by the general public. Those others are still mostly considered robber barons, but they aren’t completed hated because of all the charity.

Living in a bubble is simply that. “I need a few extra hundred million, billion, etc.; so, you cannot have health care, higher education, social security, etc.”

George Washington was a very rich man and he used that wealth to personally finance part of the Continental Army. Michael Bloomberg simply used his wealth to essentially buy elections and again wants to try to buy his way in the US Presidency.

New stuff:

* Medicare For All isn’t a “nice concept”: it’s desperately needed and will eventually happen. It’s supported by the majority of the people.

The Democrats have become weak and there’s a reason those like US Senator Bernard Sanders and US Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are the most popular Democrats in the United States.

US Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and US President Barack Obama care more about their personal legacy—the relatively weak ‘Affordable Care Act’—than they do about the people.

US Pres. Obama wasn’t even as good a President as US President William Jefferson Clinton. US Pres. Clinton was a ‘moderate’ Democrat. US Pres. Obama mostly governed like a ‘Nixon Republican’ i.e. a ‘moderate’ Republican (back when there were actual moderate Republicans).

* US Senator Elizabeth Warren seems to be ‘backing down’ from actually supporting Medicare For All. She seems relatively weak compared to US Senator Sanders. Not running in 2016 A.D. shows weakness. Not doing a Town Hall on Fox News shows weakness. Giving into the ‘no middle-class tax increases’ to pay for Medicare For All shows weakness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS9CFBlLOcg ( Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj.

I’m still not sure if The United States should try to have no billionaires, but the US is increasingly becoming a plutocracy or even oligarchy. Some to most people who think they are rich and powerful actually aren’t. A millionaire cannot compete with a billionaire.

KingOfCretins

http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...l=1#post752116

Are you a Trump supporter?

* AOC is more popular than Trump.

But as long as the economy is going well and Trump doesn't go mush on the core issues he ran on (immigration, 2A, the judiciary, and trade - although I doubt like his trade policy)
            The US public doesn’t like Trump’s immigration policies, are getting fed up with Trump and the Republican Party kowtowing to the NRA, Democrats and independents are very concerned about the Judiciary being more ‘toward Trump’, and very few like Trump’s trade policy.

The majority of the US public already want Trump Impeached and Removed from Office.

US Senator Mitch McConnell is very at risk of losing his US Senate race.

Things aren’t looking good for Trump.

Comment

President Trump is in the UK and it did make me laugh when he said he wouldn't want anything to do with the NHS even if it were offered to him on a silver platter. Who really knows if that's true or not.

From what I've seen as an outsider, Elizabeth Warren is popular on social media. But I expect Trump is far more popular in the real world.

Comment

All caught up.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...eral_election/

* US Senator Bernie Sanders has the best chance of beating US President Donald Trump, but the top 4-5 candidates would all very likely beat him. US President Trump is unpopular.

Comment

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Trumps numbers have stayed fairly stable . He's polarizing but as long as he keeps his core support I expect he will win re-election. Personally I don't understand it, many of his supporters are bright rational people but simply blind to how inappropriate trump is as president. History will have a field day looking back on this period.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

It all depends on how the independents break. He's lost the suburbs since he took office, in particular suburban women. He'll need to pick up a lot of independents to make up that loss. And now the senate has a chance to shoot themselves in the foot over the impeachment. In a government where all three branches hold equal power executive does not hold over personnel. That's a clear case of obstruction, and an impeachable offense.
                    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

Barring significant economic reversals, he's going to be reelected with probably a larger electoral margin. It's not there to provoke argument, but honestly people need to have at least engaged this thought at some point between now and the election to minimize the damage being completely blindsided by it might cause.
                      sigpic
                      Banner by LRae12

Comment

It's a whole year away. Time for many bombshells and much Russian interference.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a whole year away. Time for many bombshells and much Russian interference. Fivethirtyeight looks kinda grim for him but it's way too early too even prognosticate.
                        Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

I don't think Trumps core or natural voters care about Russian involvement, or even impeachment. I think he'll be re-elected. There doesn't seem to be anyone on the Democratic side that's really galvanising public opinion, no one charismatic or exciting for voters, without being too 'out there' and 'scary woke'

Comment

Well done, Democrats! And congratulations to America. Sadly we all know the Republicans control the Senate and that they're too corrupt to remove Trump from office but it's important that you held him accountable for what he has done and sent a very clear message that it's not ok.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                              Well done, Democrats! And congratulations to America. Sadly we all know the Republicans control the Senate and that they're too corrupt to remove Trump from office but it's important that you held him accountable for what he has done and sent a very clear message that it's not ok.
                              Yes, very—

But what worries me is how polls show a vast
                              spilt in the population over the issue of impeachment,
                              show vast doubt about it, vast trust, still, in Trump,
                              among a significant segment...

I think this absolutely had to be done

And I hope that the way the Republicans deal with it will
                              further reveals the depths of their corruption—

But I also fear that this will not hurt Trump's chances
                              for re-election, especially given the Democrats' tendency
                              to muck such things as the nomination of their
                              presidential candidate up—

(And the party's actions against progressive candidates
                              who are challenging well-entrenched, Wall Street-beholden
                              Representatives and Senators does not bode well, either... )

(Shiver of fear emoji)

(imagine the heart beating with that shiver... )
                              Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 19-12-19, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I do not believe this will affect him at all. In fact, in the long run I think it will hurt the Dems because the more moderate congresspeople from battleground states will be forced to take a stand. They could end up losing seats in 2020 over it.

As far as Trump goes, it still comes down to FL, PA, OH, WI and MI. It's too early to tell. This will be forgotten by November. We won't know how much the D candidates will walk back their ideas after the primaries, which they will have to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X