Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My country, Australia is bombing in the Olympics. Happy me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Francy View Post
    Well, apparently Australia isn't bombing that much anymore, since they (among other countries) finally surpassed Italy in the medal count. Sigh.
    Yeah I think they are in the top 10 now, had a bit of a flurry in the last few days. I think with about 30, around half silver. Rowing and sailing helped I think, I don't really watch those so I'm not sure. We've had a bit of a quieter spell, apart from the equestrian which has gone really well. I struggle to see dressage as a sport though tbh, it is a bit like Crufts for horses.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Stoney View Post
      Yeah I think they are in the top 10 now, had a bit of a flurry in the last few days. I think with about 30, around half silver. Rowing and sailing helped I think, I don't really watch those so I'm not sure. We've had a bit of a quieter spell, apart from the equestrian which has gone really well. I struggle to see dressage as a sport though tbh, it is a bit like Crufts for horses.
      Honestly, rather than in where Australia did well to climb the medal table, I'm more interested in where WE failed... which is pretty much everywhere!

      Luckily it will be over soon, and I won't be that bothered anymore!!

      |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
      Icon by xiperita

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Francy View Post
        Honestly, rather than in where Australia did well to climb the medal table, I'm more interested in where WE failed... which is pretty much everywhere!

        Luckily it will be over soon, and I won't be that bothered anymore!!
        Well, congratulations for the upset win in the men's waterpolo semi! You got one more medal there. No gold for us this time, they're going to be up against Montenegro, again, for the bronze...

        And I was wrong when I said that there probably weren't any more Serbian atheletes still in the competitions other than the men's waterpolo team - there were still several of them, mostly in various athletics' disciplines, some even today, just none that actually have any chance! From time to time there's just a little news on the screen that another one dropped out of the competition or didn't qualify for the final. Fortunately, our TV stations aren't obsessed with following every Serbian athlete anywhere, they show all sorts of sports, mostly athletics, gymnastics and swimming as well as the sports with a ball (the semis and finals of the women's and men's volleyball, handball, basketball and football) but you get to see things like equestrian final.
        You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
          Well, congratulations for the upset win in the men's waterpolo semi! You got one more medal there. No gold for us this time, they're going to be up against Montenegro, again, for the bronze...
          Thanks!! We haven't won in 20 years. The last time was in Barcelona, and our coach was Ratko Rudic, who's now the Croatia's coach.

          It will be a difficult game, for sure!

          |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
          Icon by xiperita

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
            And I was wrong when I said that there probably weren't any more Serbian atheletes still in the competitions other than the men's waterpolo team - there were still several of them, mostly in various athletics' disciplines, some even today, just none that actually have any chance!
            And I was wrong again! Serbia actually has just won a gold medal - in women's Taekwondo - 20-year old Milica Mandic - haven't heard of her before, but she's sure going to be all over the media now! This was unexpected due to the utter lack of media hype that accompanied Djokovic or the waterpolo team. So that's 3 medals so far, and 2 out of them won by women.
            You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
              And I was wrong again! Serbia actually has just won a gold medal - in women's Taekwondo - 20-year old Milica Mandic - haven't heard of her before, but she's sure going to be all over the media now! This was unexpected due to the utter lack of media hype that accompanied Djokovic or the waterpolo team. So that's 3 medals so far, and 2 out of them won by women.
              I saw, congratulations!!

              We have just won a gold in Taekwondo too, with Carlo Molfetta... but we lost in boxing. Meh.

              Between today and tomorrow we have 5 finals... one is won, one is lost. Three to go... let's see if we can end better than we began!
              Last edited by Francy; 11-08-12, 11:28 PM.

              |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
              Icon by xiperita

              Comment


              • #52
                Well, of 5 finals, we lost 4. All around not a good day, and to say that I'm disappointed is not enough.

                Oh, well. It's over, honestly I'm almost relieved.

                |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                Icon by xiperita

                Comment


                • #53
                  Ach, don't be all bah humbug . Paralympics next anyway.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I don't deal well with disappointment!! I'm delicate!

                    |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                    Icon by xiperita

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Francy View Post
                      I don't deal well with disappointment!! I'm delicate!
                      I don't know what I can say to ease the pain...

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                        I don't know what I can say to ease the pain...
                        I'll live ... but thanks!

                        |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                        Icon by xiperita

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Francy View Post
                          I'll live ... but thanks!
                          Glad to hear it.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X