No announcement yet.

Was it right to kill Bin Laden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To recap, I don't think a "trial" would or could have been anything other than a pretense in his case, nor do I think an appropriate tribunal even exists.

And to hold such a trial, the US would have been inviting diplomatic annoyance from the civilized world, and an untold ferocity of attack from the uncivilized one. Make no mistake, however bad the reaction by Jihadists will be to bin Laden's death, they would have been that much more fierce trying to pressure the US into releasing him.

And as for their rage... no, sorry. Jihadist suicide bombers and headliners aren't provoked. It was like that Koran burning; the headline was "Florida Koran burning sets off riots in Afghanistan". The reality was "three week old Koran burning on other side of the planet provides most recent excuse for savage and brutal killing spree".
    sigpic
    Banner by LRae12

Comment

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
      Although I'm a little miffed that we don't know exactly what happened. And why was the body thrown straight into the sea...? I'm just confused about the whole thing.
      There are a lot of speculations that Bin Laden was already dead and that the body thrown in the sea was not his.
      Made by Trickyboxes
      Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post
        Although I'm a little miffed that we don't know exactly what happened. And why was the body thrown straight into the sea...? I'm just confused about the whole thing.
        Supposedly, his body was thrown into the sea because if they buried him it would have been used as a memorial for his followers. Whether or not this would actually occur is uncertain, but I think in a way it also had to do with a burial being the kind of thing you do for someone you love and of course, that definitely wasn't the case. This way, they would not have a headstone (or whatever they use) to come and worship him.

Although, I suppose if they really wanted to they could go to the sea and worship his "essence" there...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiera View Post
          Supposedly, his body was thrown into the sea because if they buried him it would have been used as a memorial for his followers. Whether or not this would actually occur is uncertain, but I think in a way it also had to do with a burial being the kind of thing you do for someone you love and of course, that definitely wasn't the case. This way, they would not have a headstone (or whatever they use) to come and worship him.

Although, I suppose if they really wanted to they could go to the sea and worship his "essence" there...
          No one would worship him. If his followers were really Muslims, then that would be against Islam to worship anyone/anything but Allah. People would have worshipped Prophet Mohammed if that was the case.

Throwing the body in the sea doesn't make sense.
          Made by Trickyboxes
          Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

* Osama bin Laden was guilty and it was war. It's perfectly okay to kill him.

Comment

In hindsight, much of the 21st century would have gone more smoothly if in October 2001 the US had just dropped a six pack of MOAB on Tora Bora, and said "... any questions?" without having put so much as a boot on the ground.
              sigpic
              Banner by LRae12

Comment

Working...
              X