Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate: Fave Television Shows

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ultimate: Fave Television Shows

    Obviously we're all here because of Buffy and Angel, but how do they stack up to our other fandoms? All fandoms with more than one season are eligible. However, feel free to mention any new shows that may grow into your new favorite fandom.

    Multiple choice poll. Vote for as many as you want, but don't forget that may weaken the chances of your all time fave to be on top! This poll only lasts until Wednesday!

    Since the poll can only include 20 options here's some other popular fandoms to jog your memories: Friends, Simpsons, House, Sopranos, Sex & The City, Nip/Tuck, Rome, Queer as Folk, Babylon 5, Dexter...
    178
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    16.29%
    29
    Angel the Series
    14.61%
    26
    Firefly
    9.55%
    17
    Supernatural
    6.74%
    12
    Smallville
    2.25%
    4
    Veronica Mars
    6.74%
    12
    Lost
    2.81%
    5
    Alias
    2.25%
    4
    Heroes
    4.49%
    8
    Charmed
    3.93%
    7
    Gilmore Girls
    5.06%
    9
    the OC
    1.69%
    3
    Dark Angel
    1.69%
    3
    Tru Calling
    2.25%
    4
    24
    1.69%
    3
    Bones
    3.93%
    7
    X-Files
    1.69%
    3
    Doctor Who / Torchwood
    3.37%
    6
    Battlestar Galactica
    2.25%
    4
    Other
    6.74%
    12

    Lydia made the punch!

  • #2
    I voted for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel of course!

    But I also voted for Alias, Heroes, Firefly and... The OC I admit it I loved it!

    I also voted for 'Other' which was in this case 'The Office' (American version) which I just think is a fantastic show, and for 'Terminator: Sarah Connor Cronicles' which I also think is shaping up to be a fine show!
    "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

    Comment


    • #3
      Went for Buffy, Doctor Who/Torchwood (mostly Who but quite liking TW season 2) and others which incorporates House, Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes as well as a load of older stuff (cracker anyone?)
      JUST ENOUGH KILL

      sigpic
      Banner by Ciderdrinker

      Comment


      • #4
        Heh, I voted Supernatural, obviously, never been as obsessed with a tv show before. If I have had the option I would have voted for Babylon 5 next, which was one of my first real run ins with something like 'fandom', before I was just simply watching my shows and didn't even know things like online fandom existed.

        Other fav shows of mine include: X-Files, Wonderfalls, Life On Mars, AtS, FF and many more. TV is a bad, very bad time-sucker!
        Last edited by galathea; 12-02-08, 10:09 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I voted for Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Supernatural and 24, definitely my 4 favourite shows at the moment

          Comment


          • #6
            Buffy. Of course. There's lots of TV I like, but none have ever made me like... "this" before... I mean, I'm online in the community every day... whoa! I also ticked Firefly and VM. If Grey's gets better again, that might make the list... but at the end of the day, I really really really love Buffy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Among those, I voted for Buffy and Ats (not because they are my favourite now, but because they have been very important to me and I could never repudiate them! LOL), Firefly, Lost and Dark Angel. Of the shows in the poll, I also like SN and Heroes, but I wouldn't put them among my absolute favourite shows.
              Other favourite of mine that aren't in the list are Nip/Tuck, Oz, Prison Break, Friends, Six Feet Under, Rome, Queer As Folk, The 4400...all shows that I love. Don't make me choose! I have never been good at picking favourites....

              |LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
              Icon by xiperita

              Comment


              • #8
                Nice to see another Six Feet Under fan on the board, Francy. Such a great show deserves a much bigger fandom!

                I voted for the Big Three (Buffy, Angel, Firefly), Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls and Doctor Who/Torchwood. I've lost interest in Supernatural and Heroes, and I don't like the others enough for them to be my faves.

                {tumblr}
                AKA nonbeliever93
                Avatar by me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I know not a popular opinion, but I've really tried to get into 'Supernatural' and just can't. I'd see enough episodes on TV to give me an interest, so I decided to buy the first season and watched that. But found myself zoning out through most episodes, though were a couple I liked. But I watched all of s2 just to give it another go and found the same problem. I saw the love for it a lot of members have here, so thought I'd give it a go but I just couldn't get into it. I think it has to do with there only being two real cast members of the show. I know a lot of people here love that, but I've always preferred an ensemble cast for variety.

                  And 'Heroes' wasn't very good last year. I've always watched that show merely for entertainment, but it lacked something in s2.

                  I'm really excited about 'The Office' coming back, I just adore it, and am really getting into The Sarah Connor Cronicles which is good.. I was worrying I'd never get into a show again.

                  How's the rain in Syndey Andrew?
                  "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                    I know not a popular opinion, but I've really tried to get into 'Supernatural' and just can't. I'd see enough episodes on TV to give me an interest, so I decided to buy the first season and watched that. But found myself zoning out through most episodes, though were a couple I liked. But I watched all of s2 just to give it another go and found the same problem. I saw the love for it a lot of members have here, so thought I'd give it a go but I just couldn't get into it. I think it has to do with there only being two real cast members of the show. I know a lot of people here love that, but I've always preferred an ensemble cast for variety.
                    I think it is absolutely okay to not love Supernatural, most people on this board love BtVS, which I don't have much love for either, it's the diversity of interests that makes discussion boards fun. I think we can safely say that most shows on this board are high quality shows with each having their own merits, but nobody would expect everybody to love the same things. It's a matter of personal preferences. I am more drawn to buddy shows than to ensemble shows, because I like the focus on 2-3 characters, the intensity and depth with which you can get into the psychology of those characters for sheer time reasons alone. I am into Supernatural because I relate very strongly to the rich and layered characters there and I think I am absolutely capable of argueing my love for the show, but I would never expect that everybody should cherish it the way I do.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by galathea View Post
                      I think it is absolutely okay to not love Supernatural, most people on this board love BtVS, which I don't have much love for either, it's the diversity of interests that makes discussion boards fun. I think we can safely say that most shows on this board are high quality shows with each having their own merits, but nobody would expect everybody to love the same things. It's a matter of personal preferences. I am more drawn to buddy shows than to ensemble shows, because I like the focus on 2-3 characters, the intensity and depth with which you can get into the psychology of those characters for sheer time reasons alone. I am into Supernatural because I relate very strongly to the rich and layered characters there and I think I am absolutely capable of argueing my love for the show, but I would never expect that everybody should cherish it the way I do.
                      Good point And yeah, it's the same about me and Btvs when someone like yourself doesn't like it. The only time I ever get irritated is when someone says they don't like the show, before ever actually watching it or giving it a real try. That frustrates me because I don't understand how they could dislike something they've never really given a chance. But yup, even if I couldn't get into SN it is a high quality show for sure, it's beautifully shot and lit, and I can see they've put a lot of effort into it, unfortunately it just didn't click for me But I'll still pop it in the DVD player for casual viewing, it's not like I hate the show or anything ... I actually love the episode 'Faith' just for Julie Benz and her amazing acting at the end. Brought a tear to my eye

                      And for someone reason, even though I can't really get into the show I still pop over to the SN section and read everybody's thoughts on the episode, I find them a very good read.
                      "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
                        Good point And yeah, it's the same about me and Btvs when someone like yourself doesn't like it. The only time I ever get irritated is when someone says they don't like the show, before ever actually watching it or giving it a real try. That frustrates me because I don't understand how they could dislike something they've never really given a chance. But yup, even if I couldn't get into SN it is a high quality show for sure, it's beautifully shot and lit, and I can see they've put a lot of effort into it, unfortunately it just didn't click for me But I'll still pop it in the DVD player for casual viewing, it's not like I hate the show or anything ... I actually love the episode 'Faith' just for Julie Benz and her amazing acting at the end. Brought a tear to my eye

                        And for someone reason, even though I can't really get into the show I still pop over to the SN section and read everybody's thoughts on the episode, I find them a very good read.
                        It's not even that I don't like BtVS, it's a good show, but I don't love it and it would never make it to a list of my favourite shows, but I know and understand why people love the show and I am not arguing against that. I am not irritated if people don't love Supernatural as long as they don't try to dismiss my reasons to worship that show and its characters and as long as they don't try to bash it.

                        And yeah, I agree if anything annoys me than it is if people trying to tell me anything about my show when they have seen a couple of episodes scattered over 2.5 seasons and obviously have no real understanding of the context of the show. It's okay to not like it based on a couple of episodes, but I am annoyed if people try to dismiss my own approach on that basis. The merit of Supernatural lies in the character work for me and I don't think you can argue that properly without seeing them develop.

                        Glad you enjoy the SN reviews. I sometimes think Jo's and Lyn's and my own obsessiveness and essayistic posts scare people away from that section.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by galathea View Post
                          And yeah, I agree if anything annoys me than it is if people trying to tell me anything about my show when they have seen a couple of episodes scattered over 2.5 seasons and obviously have no real understanding of the context of the show. It's okay to not like it based on a couple of episodes, but I am annoyed if people try to dismiss my own approach on that basis. The merit of Supernatural lies in the character work for me and I don't think you can argue that properly without seeing them develop.
                          Agreed. I especially dislike those who scoff at you for liking the show based on the fact it's a show about supernatural things. It's blatant ignorance for them to think that a show can't be good and have realistic human characterisation because it deals with some unrealistic things. Though I suppose SN lovers don't have that quite as much whereas us Btvs geeks have to get people passed.. as Joss put it "the silly name" 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

                          Glad you enjoy the SN reviews. I sometimes think Jo's and Lyn's and my own obsessiveness and essayistic posts scare people away from that section.
                          Perhaps you just say everything they were going to say and they don't want to repeat, which is a good thing
                          "The earth is doomed!" - Banner by Nina

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I voted for Buffy, Angel, and Firefly of course.

                            I also voted for Lost and Bones. I also like Supernatural though I've only seen the first season but I didn't vote for it.
                            Avie by Lrae12

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                              I voted for Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Supernatural and 24, definitely my 4 favourite shows at the moment
                              BUT... what were your all time favourites?

                              I voted Buffy, Supernatural, Charmed and Veronica Mars (although the 3rd season was really bad )

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X