Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best TV Duos bracket (Spuffy and Cangel in the competition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently winning by 100 (63%) votes to 60.

Comment

Buffy/Spike in the 4th round against Doctor/Donna! http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...d-four-day-33/
      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
        Buffy/Spike in the 4th round against Doctor/Donna! http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...d-four-day-33/
        This could be tough, I don't know that the online fandom is like for Dr Who but it is still a current show so I would assume it is reasonably big. Anyway, we are winning at the moment..

Spike and Buffy - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (56%, 71 Votes)
        The Doctor and Donna - Doctor Who (44%, 55 Votes)

EDIT: I think this is the last day and Spike/Buffy are just winning...

Spike and Buffy - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (52%, 169 Votes)
        The Doctor and Donna - Doctor Who (48%, 158 Votes)

I've run out of people to pass this on to (who definitely won't vote for Dr Who!). Fingers crossed. In the last 30ish votes since I last checked nearly all have gone to Dr Who.

I'm a bit taken aback by the fact that the day 34 round Merlin and Arthur have 596 votes in for them (against 120 for Peter and Neal in White Collar). This seems a bit popular!!!

Comment

The Doctor and Donna are currently in the lead by 12 votes - 203 to 192.
          You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Damn it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Foyboy View Post
              That's what happens when you go up against Dr. Who. These contests are always about which show has the more active online fandom.

I'm predicting Dr. Who beats Spike/Buffy, then loses to Sam/Dean.
              Chuck loses to Troy/Abed.
              Sam/Dean beats Troy/Abed.
              Doctor and Donna beat Sam/Dean, but lost to Merlin/Arthur.

Troy and Abed have won, beating Merlin and Arthur in the final. http://tvbreakroom.com/tv-duos-brack...-match-day-39/

Comment

Ha, I have no idea who Troy and Abed are.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                  Ha, I have no idea who Troy and Abed are.
                  Then clearly you need to start watching NBC's "Community," one of the best and most creative/clever comedies currently on TV! (Though it admittedly hits its stride more towards the end of s1--"Modern Warfare" is a good example of the show at its best in terms of seeing if it's for you). They are a wonderful bromance, and very much deserving of this title, even if of course I would have loved to see Angel/Cordy or another one win (if you have not seen much of ATS, then that is also something you need to get on, stat!!! )

I'm certainly glad they beat out Merlin/Arthur, blech! (When a duo has virtually no steady growth/development in 5 years and one is still hiding his magic from the other because the writers are too stupid and lazy to do a major change-up, they should not be winning anything...)
                  Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

I only have freeview channels.

And yeah, Angel is on my list of series to get (I have S5 already, of course, Spike fan and all). Perhaps S1-4 should be an addition for my santa letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                      I only have freeview channels.

And yeah, Angel is on my list of series to get (I have S5 already, of course, Spike fan and all). Perhaps S1-4 should be an addition for my santa letter.
                      Ah, yeah getting shows from abroad can be tricky sometimes...well if you see seasons 1 and 2 of Community on DVD somewhere, or a Netflix like site...

And yes, that would be a good idea, IMO!
                      Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

Comment

Originally posted by sherrilina View Post
                        Then clearly you need to start watching NBC's "Community," one of the best and most creative/clever comedies currently on TV! (Though it admittedly hits its stride more towards the end of s1--"Modern Warfare" is a good example of the show at its best in terms of seeing if it's for you). They are a wonderful bromance, and very much deserving of this title, even if of course I would have loved to see Angel/Cordy or another one win (if you have not seen much of ATS, then that is also something you need to get on, stat!!! )

I'm certainly glad they beat out Merlin/Arthur, blech! (When a duo has virtually no steady growth/development in 5 years and one is still hiding his magic from the other because the writers are too stupid and lazy to do a major change-up, they should not be winning anything...)
                        Oh dear, he still doesn't find out?! I'm in season 4 now - watching it on TV, though not religiously - I don't feel that strongly about it - and that's exactly what annoys me. They've been dragging it for far too long, and Arthur looks like an idiot. I hate shows where they can't think of ways to shake things up and change the characters and their relationships.

Comment

Working...
                        X