Trailer for Breaking Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer for Breaking Dawn

This past Sunday, we had the MTV Movie Awards and not only did the cast of Eclipse won a bunch of awards, but they introduced a trailer for the upcoming movie, Breaking Dawn part 1.

What did you think of it? And I´m sorry, I wanted to post the trailer here but I can´t seem to put it here. My internet skills are a bit limited, so I don´t know how to post a trailer.

Basically all you'd have to do is post a link to whatever Youtube video URL it's on, as I'm sure there is one

However, as much as I like the Twilight franchise, I was a bit annoyed that they MTV MA was dominated once again by the cast. There were much better movies and actors out there this year that should have gotten those awards in place of KS or RP.

The trailer itself looks good though and I'm excited for the movie
    Last edited by Kiera; 09-06-11, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Here's the link to the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-wRZCynfk

It looks good

Comment

A) I still don't understand why it needs to be in two parts. As far as I can remember not that much happened. It's not like with the Harry Potter movie where so much happens in each chapter that they couldn't edit stuff out. It's just another way for the company to get more money out of the franchise.

B) I was left thinking, "Oh God, has he got his top off AGAIN?!" when Jacob ripped his shirt off before turning into the wolf. I know it would rip his shirt but I'm kind of getting tired of seeing him without his shirt on. I wonder what kind of audience they're trying to get... It's like in the last season of Glee, they were pretty much showing Chord Overstreet with his shirt off every episode.

C) I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kristen Stewart is not pretty enough to play Bella. I know she's meant to be "plain and ordinary" so that every girl in the world can hope to be like that... :S In this book, she's meant to be "stunning" as a vampire and I just don't see that happening with Kristen Stewart unless they airbrush the crap out of her.

Also, I'm not looking forward to the pregnancy / birth scenes because KS isn't very good at pretending to be in pain.

D) Anyone else getting annoyed with the exaggerated speech? "Let's start with forever." Well, you don't really get much longer than forever, so it's a stupid thing to say.

Other than those things, it looks alright.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          A) I still don't understand why it needs to be in two parts. As far as I can remember not that much happened. It's not like with the Harry Potter movie where so much happens in each chapter that they couldn't edit stuff out. It's just another way for the company to get more money out of the franchise.

B) I was left thinking, "Oh God, has he got his top off AGAIN?!" when Jacob ripped his shirt off before turning into the wolf. I know it would rip his shirt but I'm kind of getting tired of seeing him without his shirt on. I wonder what kind of audience they're trying to get... It's like in the last season of Glee, they were pretty much showing Chord Overstreet with his shirt off every episode.

C) I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kristen Stewart is not pretty enough to play Bella. I know she's meant to be "plain and ordinary" so that every girl in the world can hope to be like that... :S In this book, she's meant to be "stunning" as a vampire and I just don't see that happening with Kristen Stewart unless they airbrush the crap out of her.

Also, I'm not looking forward to the pregnancy / birth scenes because KS isn't very good at pretending to be in pain.

D) Anyone else getting annoyed with the exaggerated speech? "Let's start with forever." Well, you don't really get much longer than forever, so it's a stupid thing to say.

TOTALLY, totally agree... that being said, though, I'm still excited to see the movie. The trailer looks good! I am sad, though, that Bella doesn't look more beautiful for her wedding scene. Did anyone else think she looked a little less than glamorous, especially for how they described her in the book?

Comment

Originally posted by HisMRS View Post
            TOTALLY, totally agree... that being said, though, I'm still excited to see the movie. The trailer looks good! I am sad, though, that Bella doesn't look more beautiful for her wedding scene. Did anyone else think she looked a little less than glamorous, especially for how they described her in the book?
            I agree, but it makes you question who's to blame on that one; costume designer or producer? Anyway, I can't say much about her looks for being beautiful because IMO, she is quite pretty. But I guess that's to each his/her own. I'm just sick of the franchise dominating the awards for the second year in a row.

Comment

About the trailer, I´m interested. But I agree that it shouldn´t have been divided. There´s not much going on and they could have extended to much more than 2 hours.

About the ceremony, I was glad when Twilight won back in 2008 because I am crazy about the first one, it´s one of my guilty pleasures. But it didn´t deserve to win this year or even the previous one. And really, best fight? I am shocked!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiera View Post
                I agree, but it makes you question who's to blame on that one; costume designer or producer? Anyway, I can't say much about her looks for being beautiful because IMO, she is quite pretty. But I guess that's to each his/her own. I'm just sick of the franchise dominating the awards for the second year in a row.
                Maybe they've made her look less than glamorous so that you're really bowled over when she's turned into a vampire...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

I totally agree. The last Harry Potter book has so much going on that it was impossible not to divide the movie but Breaking Dawn doesn´t need to be divided.

I´m not looking forward to the birth scene either!

Comment

I don't think I can see Breaking Dawn. I love Rob and I loved Twilight and liked the second and third movies but I just detested this book so much (to the point that I wrote my own version!) that I just don't think I could sit on a cinema seat for two hours without getting completely and irrationally irrate. All I can say is that I hope the film improves on the book (although with it being drawn out across two films, that doesn't seem likely.)

Comment

I really like the wedding scene in the book and Alice rocks!

I actually really like the book up until the Third part where everything is from Bella´s perspective. But before that, I like it!

And I wanna see the Denali on screen!

Comment

Twilight never deserved to win a best fight award, it's just because fans wanted their movie to win every award, since it couldn't go for the oscars, and because it's allways one of the principal candidates for the raspberry

Comment

Has anyone see this yet? I would have thought more people would have said something as it came out last week in the UK?

What did everyone think?
                          Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

Originally posted by Demetreas View Post
                            Has anyone see this yet? I would have thought more people would have said something as it came out last week in the UK?

What did everyone think?

I've seen it twice now and I thought it was the best one so far. Although, I'm hoping the sequel will be able to top it because it would really suck if it was a let down compared to this one. I've read some of the previous posts and have to say pretty much disagree with every one of them, but I'm not going to go into detail and at risk of starting a heated discussion, I'm going to keep my opposing opinions to myself

But yes. I've seen it and loved it. They went a little more graphic than I thought they would, but seeing the book come to life was just the best experience for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiera View Post
                              But yes. I've seen it and loved it. They went a little more graphic than I thought they would, but seeing the book come to life was just the best experience for me.
                              That's one of the things I loved the most. How close it was to the book they really have kept to it well. Most movies from books tend to fudge the details a bit but almost all of the Twilight sagas have been bang on.

I need to see it one more time I think I'd forgotten a lot of details from the book wasn't sure how they were gonna make half the book last a full movie but they did really well.

I loved how they made it really graphical they put some real work into the Bella stuff!

the next one has to be amazing! there is so much going on in the last half of the book. I can't wait to see what happens to Bella and with the big battle at the end that's got to be epic! but your right if they don't make it amazing its gonna be a real let down . fingers crossed.
                              Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

Working...
                              X