Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's all I can say for now

Comment

So, my top 5, in order were: Zugma - Purest Sin, Aureola - Fire and Ice, Elle - Never Nothing, JJ - Beating like a hammer and Lyn Lazarus rising!!! BUT sooooo many amazing pieces, and I voted for so many of the wallpapers that won, EEEEP soooo glad to see so many great pieces get recognition!!!! WELL DONE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
      xxx
      sigpic
      Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Oh My!! Zugma's written all over the awards!!!

Congrats again, you simply took my three first spots here, including Human at the Top!! You ruled 2012 in my book!!

Congrats Aureola for the gold medal! So deserved, I loved that piece (part of my Top 5) and a lot of others in my rank!

And congrats to Jenni, again lots of amazing pieces this year!

Bravo Sayjay, lots of awesome pieces as well, and oh my, are those awards crazy beautiful!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
          Yay for Aureola! That was my #1!

Man, I never do well in the best wall event. 30th and 16th place. It's so weird that things you like are so different from what other people like. I never would have guessed the things that were awarded higher spots would have gotten that high and likewise for things that placed lower that I thought would be higher. Just goes to show you, I guess! Like the Batman one. It's okay but I don't like it all that much really. But it seems to be the thing that did best for me this year! Go figure.
          I always find it tough when it comes to best wallpaper because there may be 1 wallpaper by an artist that everyone loves and votes for, or 6 that all get high votes from people but it means that there isn;t just one piece getting lots of votes and going higher up in the list. Does that make sense? Lol. It's late, my brain is beyond sense! This is me right now ->

BUT in saying that, I always find the pieces I like and think will do well, tend to BOMB, and the ones I chose because I had nothing else do well!!! Vaguely worrying but hey!!!
          sigpic
          Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
            Yay for Aureola! That was my #1!

Man, I never do well in the best wall event. 30th and 16th place. It's so weird that things you like are so different from what other people like. I never would have guessed the things that were awarded higher spots would have gotten that high and likewise for things that placed lower that I thought would be higher. Just goes to show you, I guess! Like the Batman one. It's okay but I don't like it all that much really. But it seems to be the thing that did best for me this year! Go figure.
            That's just because people are blind, you had 3 pieces in my Top 10, but then again that Batman one I ranked fourth, so maybe you're the one that's blind
            sigpic

Comment

Such beautiful awards! Congrats to everyone who snagged one!!
              Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

OMG, where's your "Neal's Gone" piece Sayjay?!
                sigpic

Comment

Not complaining. This happens at every event. I do pretty well except in the Best Wall category. Just the way it goes for me. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I have a single entry for every category. So whereas one member has like 12 entries all together, I have what? 28? 30? Makes total sense.

Unless we're talking about Zugma. The exception that proves the rule.

I'm just surprised that the two that placed at all are among my least favorites. So weird.
                  sigpic
                  follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Thank you so much for the 22nd, 18th (which I'm honored to share with the ever talented, Zugma), and 9th place awards!!! I feel so lucky to have received your votes and that "Brand New Day" placed in the top 10!!! I'm honored!

I'd like to extend a HUGE shoutout to Bre for her "Never Happened" piece. That wallpaper is to die for and it has been one of my favorites since I first laid eyes on it! I can't describe the shock I felt when I saw it didn't place. Seriously?!

Another favorite was Line's "Over Exposed". Infact, I'm pretty sure it placed on my nomination list in every category it was nominated for. Line, your use of lighting and colors have always made me jealous. I only wish we saw more from you! This also has dumbfonded me as why it didn't place.

Other shout out's include: Zugma's "And Very Very Last"/"Regret Is Unprofessional" and HolyPotatoes "She's Broken He's Ok".

Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
                    BUT in saying that, I always find the pieces I like and think will do well, tend to BOMB, and the ones I chose because I had nothing else do well!!! Vaguely worrying but hey!!!
                    I feel the same way.
                    Last edited by [erin nicole]; 12-05-13, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [erin nicole] View Post
                      I'd like to extend a HUGE shoutout to Bre for her "Never Happened" piece. That wallpaper is to die for and it has been one of my favorites since I first laid eyes on it! I can't describe the shock I felt when I saw it didn't place. Seriously?!
                      Thank you! I'm ugly crying right now, you just can't see me! But for real, it doesn't even come close - your Willow piece blows my mind every single time I see it. Zugma, you amazing minx you, I want to lie inside your brain. How does it conceptualize like it does, how do you make so many amazing things and have such a gorgeous simplicity to it? You rule me! Sharonalee, YES. Destiny, your Dexter piece was MY FAVORITE OF ANYTHING EVER! I LOVED that! Too many to name, too many to love, this is always the hardest darn category to judge for me! Congratulations to the winners!!!

And Sayjay, woman, my love, my muse, my goddess, these awards are so stunning. You keep outdoing yourself! *we'renotworthy*

Comment

And I continue to have complete different favorites.... but these are all awesome as well. All by the same talented artists too. So congratulations everybody who placed.

And I placed *eeks* Didn't know that my Captain America wallpaper was that popular. But I am honored to see my wallpaper in this epic list.

Comment

Well this is the last category I am catching up on and I didn't think that I could be more surprised or shocked after the Best artist category How the heck do I get 4 pieces in here?! Thank you guys so, so much! I am actually kind of speachless shocked in here (and really, really glad my bf just left for some breakfast supplies because I think I look like an idiot now, crying behind a laptop ). Seriously though, I am so, so honored to make it

I'm not gonna list my favourites, because I could pretty much name all of you. Even though I am really super happy that Zugma's Loki pieces stole the show and that Nina's Captain America placed as well, I love that wallpaper!

... and now I can't believe it's over

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

Comment

So many beautiful pieces! Congrats to all of you

Comment

*counting my awards* This is not possible. Sayjay, you must've made a mistake because this is TOO MANY. *reads comments and really wants to hide away under some rock*

Destiny, yay! I actually voted for 4 of your wallpapers in this category and I'm so happy that you placed!

I am really super happy that Zugma's Loki pieces stole the show
                              Aww! You know, this is probably very childish of me, but I am honestly bouncing on my chair because your and Sharonalee's Loki/Tom Hiddleston pieces won awards. It's such an awesome feeling when your favorite character gets some recognition, lol. (Not to mention that it's especially awesome when the awards are well deserved too, because your pieces were wonderful!)

Nina, I adore your Captain America wallpaper, it had such amazing combination of comic book aestetics and modern art style. I also want to say that I voted for 3 of your pieces in this category. Your art has become one of the most inspiring and clever over the last year and I just admire its unique-ness.

Bre, ahhhh! Your Death piece (for The Body) was one of my top favorites this year, the emotion in it is overwhelming and it was so cleverly thought out and done that I am still envious.

Erin Nicole, I think your Brand New Day one was my #1! And I voted for your Wash piece as well. I just adore the way you do this comic-book-like stylization thing of yours and how you interprete the very sarcastic Whedonian humor.

Jenni Lou, I had 4 of your pieces on my list and I'm surprised you didn't get more awards. But I suppose you might be right and the reason is, all your art is so GOOD that it's practically impossible to pick best basing on its objective qualities - so everyone chooses their subjective, personal favorites! As for me, I loved Resist and Holding On For Tomorrow the most. But it was a tough choice.

Sayjay, I'm seconding the "Where's your Neal Is Gone piece" question! %( I loved it so much, it was in my top 10 and I'm shocked it didn't place. BUT I am very glad to see the Revenge piece among the winners, because it is gorgeous too.

Also - thank you so much for the awards, they're beautiful!

Aureola, CONGRATULATIONS, dear!! That Fire And Ice wallpaper was brilliant and I voted for it, of course (and for Black Hole one too). I'm very happy that you won, go Ukraine! XD

Ehlwyen, your Lasarus piece was my #3 and I'm stunned that it didn't get a higher place, to me it was definitely one of the most creative and artistic wallpapers of the year. So I'll just say, thank you for making it.

Also... JJ, Buffylover, Sharonalee, Demetreas, Stacy, Elle, Clement - your pieces were amazing and one of the best source of inspiration for me last year. Thank you for being so creative and wonderful.

And congratulations to all winners and participants!
                              [ ...In my exile. ]
                              LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Yaaaaaay I have 7th place! Well I never!

Ok, I need to do a bit of shoutouts. Aureola's 'The Woman' and 'The One Who Put it There', Zugma's 'Regret is Unprofessional' and 'Freedom', Destiny's 'Dark Side' and 'Pretty Maids', Elle's 'Countdown', Clement's 'Forgive Me', Jenni Lou's 'Radiant' and 'Bite Me', Sayjay's 'Chalk Outline', Bre's 'They're Through' and many many other wallpapers were my absolute favourites, guys you're so talented!

Comment

Working...
                                X