Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

34. >>> Group 8: Techniques - Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 34. >>> Group 8: Techniques - Stocks

BEST USE OF STOCKS

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, it is with a heavy heart that I annoucne this is the LAST of our categories for the night!

[cue the violin]

But, what better category to end the night on than Bet Use of Stocks? Of all the techniques this is one of my personal favourites, stock images can do so much for a piece, adding depth, a symbolic gesture, assisting with a manip, creating part of the texture, and more, and with so many different stocks available, it's no wonder that we have such different uses of them among our nominees!

In this category we had 38 nominees, and now it is down to our top ten, runners up and honourable mentions to collect their prizes...........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THE WINNERS ARE............

Best Use of Stocks

1st Place
    Spoiler:

Zugma - Ice Inside with 242 points.
    This award was designed by Nina.

2nd Place
    Spoiler:

Erin Nicole - After the Hunt with 219 points.
    This award was designed by Jennilou.

3rd Place
    Spoiler:

Aureola - Wolf Shaped Bullet (2011) with 202 points.
    This award was designed by Lyri.

4th Place
    Spoiler:

Sayjay - Chalk Outline (2012) with 162 points.
    This award was designed by Wiccajaz.

5th Place
    Spoiler:

Jennilou - I'll Burn (2011) with 153 points.
    This award was designed by Erin Nicole.

6th Place
    Spoiler:

Buffylover - Jared (2012) with 141 points.
    This award was designed by Nina.

7th Place
    Spoiler:

Destiny - Header for Hell (2012) with 131 points.
    This award was designed by Sophie.

JJ - Black Swan (2011) with 131 points.
    This award was designed by Sophie.

8th Place
    Spoiler:

Sharonalee - Henry V (2012) with 121 points.
    This award was designed by Destiny.

9th Place
    Spoiler:

Ehlwyen - Pick Up The Bones (2012) with 115 points.
    This award was designed by Clement.

10th Place
    Spoiler:

Amber - Giles' Will (2012) with 95 points.
    This award was designed by Bre.

Runners Up:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: Sayjay

Sara - Willow with 95 points.

Nina - Inspiration with 87 points.

WiccaJaz - Beautiful Angel with 78 points.

Clement - Destiny Free with 77 points.

Sunnywill - Pull the Trigger with 63 points.

Honourable Mentions:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: Sara

Holypotatoes - Tiny Terrors in Plastic & Porcelain with 62 points.

Demetreas - Pylean Heroes with 60 points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE LAST SET OF AWARDS from the categories that you all voted in, awww!!!! That means that we are down to the last three set of awards to go now, the BIG ONES: best wallpapers of 2011, 2012 and then the best artist awards!!!

See you over in the main event section soon
    x
    Last edited by slaycandy; 12-05-13, 02:41 AM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Another pretty Runner Up wallpaper, thank you Sayjay.

Well stocks, another big category. And Zugma is the Queen of Stocks, it's no suprise she won first place here, and it's all very well deserved. Other favorites of mine were Aureola, Sharonalee and Amber. But that says nothing, there were so many beautiful entries.... stocks is perhaps my favorite of all categories. Congratulations to all people who won an award.

Comment

Ui, another award for me...woho And such an amazing one

Congrats to everyone!

Comment

oh my god, I can't believe this is the last category already And here I thought I might have to leave the house sooner and miss it!

Wow, such beautiful awards. I love this, because even in just the awards we see all these different ways people use stocks and there's no wrong way imo. Congrats so much to all the winners! My top pics were Lyn, Zugma and Mara
        would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

4th?? What is wrong with you people?? There were clearly so many other pieces I would have loved to see up there!!! Erin was my number 1 (I've already said it was my fave wallpaper of that year, so ya know!), Zugma my number 2, then Aureola & JJ, then Destiny and Sharonalee!! I had sooo many faves in this I spent forever trying to order them all!!!
          sigpic
          Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

This is another one of me faves I've done in the past few years so I'm glad it landed somewhere. Might be one of my top ten faves in the last 3 or so years that I have done.

Erin Nicole. Sara and Zugma took my top spots. Erin Nicole because you can just see all the tiny little things she had to do. Must have taken days to compile together. It's remarkable.
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Omg thanks for the award, it's truly gorgeous Sayjay!

Have I missed Firecracker? He was in my Top 5 along with Erin, Aureola, Sharona and Zugma, who's pieces were all amazing, congrats to the rest of the winners.

Love Nina's and Erin's awards!
              sigpic

Comment

Aw, it's the last category!! *sad face*

Congratulations, everyone!!
                Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Congrats to everybody

Comment

Congratulations everyone! I always admire the hell out of this category because I find the use of stocks so... hard. My tops were J.j, Lyn, Amber, SJ and Destiny!

Comment

2nd place!!! Woohoo!!! I'm so giddy and flattered and delighted and honored and...maybe a little drunk right now

I swear it was in celebration, though! Besides, I kinda had to...I mean I had a GIF and everything...

Seriously, though, Thank you to every who voted from the bottom of my heart. I love that piece just as I love my "Fean" and I'm so glad all that cutting all those teeny tiny objects out to fill the room was appreciated.

Congrats to the rest of the winners! Stocks can add so much extra meaning to a piece and you all rocked it! Shout outs to Aureola, Zugma (All hail the Queen of Stocks!), Firecracker, Sharonalee, and Nina!

Comment

Congrats to all the winners and I can't believe I share a place with JJ, I feel so honoured Zugma, you are the reigning queen of this category - I still stare at Ice Inside to try and figure out how the hell did you get all those snowflakes to look so perfect I'm still not entirely convinced that you're not using any magic Also Erin Nicole's piece was fabulous, as well as Nina's, Sayjay's and Sharonalee's.

Also, look at all the gorgeous awards in here!

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

Comment

Ahhhhh I got the first place AND the prettiest and most fitting award! *hugs the award* (No, really, how is that possible that the award has those icy patterns and the crown in it. It's like it was designed for Loki, aww ) Thank you so much!!

Sayjay, I love your award design too.

My favorites in this category were Aureola, Sayjay, Erin, Ehlwyen, Clement and Sara. But boy, was it hard to choose!
                          [ ...In my exile. ]
                          LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Working...
                          X