Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30. >>> Group 8: Techniques - Colour

BEST USE OF COLOUR

Can you believe it?? We've made it to number thirty already!! This night has sure gone quick!!!

We are now looking at the best use of colour in a wallpaper. Colour can add tone and mood to a piece, have symbolic meaning, or be there to simply pop with its vibrance. Regardless of how it is used, colour can make or break a piece, and these winners sure knew how to 'make' it!!!

We had an amazing 37 entries in this category, and I am now excited to reveal our top ten (with a tie in there!), our runners up and our honourable mentions...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THE WINNERS ARE............

Best Use of Colour

1st Place
    Spoiler:

Zugma - Strongest Weakness with 273 points.
    This award was designed by Nina.

2nd Place
    Spoiler:

Jennilou - Smile with 222 points.
    This award was designed by Erin Nicole.

3rd Place
    Spoiler:

JJ - Den of Thieves with 155 points.
    This award was designed by Bre.

4th Place
    Spoiler:

Aureola - Never an Optio with 147 points.
    This award was designed by Jennilou

5th Place
    Spoiler:

Erin Nicole - Summer Lovin' with 136 points.
    This award was designed by Mara.

6th Place
    Spoiler:

Elle - Magic with 135 points.
    This award was designed by Sayjay.

7th Place
    Spoiler:

Nina - Mirror, Mirror with 133 points.
    This award was designed by Sara.

8th Place
    Spoiler:

Amber - Black Magic Woman with 130 points.
    This award was designed by Nina

Bre - Beat You to Death with 130 points.
    This award was designed by Nina

9th Place
    Spoiler:

Sharonalee - Bad Dream with 115 points.
    This award was designed by WiccaJaz

10th Place
    Spoiler:

Buffylover - Bloody War with 109 points.
    This award was designed by Destiny.

Runners Up:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: JJ

Leca - Katherine with 107 points.

Sayjay - Chalk Outline with 103 points.

Clement - Colorblind with 93 points.

Demetreas - Why Me? with 88 points.

Destiny - See the World Burn with 88 points.

Honourable Mentions:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: Clement

Sunnywill - Innocent Eyes with 77 points.

Firecracker - Iron Man with 74 points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT STOP ON THIS AFA TOUR: 31. >>> Group 3: Vampire - Character!!
    Last edited by slaycandy; 12-05-13, 01:15 AM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

I think I just fell in love with the design of the award wicca jaz made for Sharonalee.

Congrats to the winners (how many times did I say these words already, my limited English is seriously showing. ) and my personal favorites in this category were Aureola, JJ, Jenni Lou and Zugma. So I'm glad to see they are also the top 4 here. Beautiful work ladies.

Also thank you sara for my lovely award.
    Last edited by Nina; 12-05-13, 01:27 AM.

Comment

the awards are just stunning thank you so much for my HM. (thanks clement)

My top picks were zugma, ben and clement
      Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

Comment

yayyyy colors i love colors all the colors forever and everrrrr!!!! on all the pieces and all the awards!!! (and obviously i love that first place award dearly)!

Nina, Jenni Lou, Ehlwyen, Zugma and SJ all stood out to me so much here, but it was still so hard to choose since there was so much exemplary work entered! Congrats to all the winners!
        would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Oh I love you award Destiny, so gorgeous <3
          Congrats everybody! My favorites were zugma, destiny, ben, elle and jennilou

Comment

Congrats to all of you! Well-deserved of course And I really LOVE the awards

Comment

I love looking at everyone's coloring, so this category was heaven for me, lol. Congrats to all the winners!!
              Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

oh, Nina. Your award is crazy super pretty. The first one. But I adore the RU one too.

I am so suprised to get #2 you guys. I really am. Thanks!

Elle, Ben, Bre and Zugma were my faves!
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Yay, thanks for my award, so colourful and funny JJ!
                  Congrats to all the winners, shout-outs to Jenni, Amber, JJ, Lyn and Brendan!

Love Nina's and Jenni's awards!
                  sigpic

Comment

OMG Jenni lou! You did a Ming award!!! I love it! So gorgeous! Also shout out to Nina and Sayjay for their beautiful colored awards! Love the petal design JJ!!!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

One of the best categories! THANK YOU! And thank you to Nina for the gorgeous award and how awesome that I get to share the space with my Boika Twin! My tops were Firecracker, Lady Manson, Michelle, Zugma and Sharonalee!

And sweet gods, J.j., you award.
                      Last edited by Bre; 12-05-13, 07:17 AM.

Comment

These awards are just too much! So many pretties!!! I especially love WiccaJaz and SayJay's designs! And of course the lovely design by Mara for my award! Thank you to all who voted! I honestly forgot that I nominated "Summer Lovin" in this category, so I was pleasantly surprise to see it had place! And 5th place even! That seems to be my claimed spot in a lot of categories this year, and I'm honored for the title!

I loved seeing the use of color in all of the nominations! Big congrats to all the other winners! Special shout outs to Nina, JJ, Line, Jenni Lou, and Elle! You are all goddesses of color to me!

Comment

And Nina steals the show with her award designs Especially the runner ups ones are out of this world amazing. I also loved Sayjay's And my award from JJ, thank you so much!

Congrats to all the winners - I'm super happy for Bre, even though she placed a lot higher on my list, it's still nice to see you there Zugma's Strongest Vice was with no doubt my number 1, when you do that Loki/Thor thing, I can never resist Also Jenni Lou, Aureola, JJ and Nina were amazing

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

Comment

Somehow missed this one.
                            Congrats to everybody!
                            And how cool is my award? Thank you, WiccaJaz!

Comment

This was such a tough category both to nominate to and to vote, I always struggle with it. And honestly I didn't - again - expect to get the first place. It's not my favorite wallpaper and I felt the colors/idea were not very creative. %) It's very nice to know that people like it! Thank you very much to all who voted!

My top picks were Jenni Lou (of course! And I'm happy to see that you got a high placement!), Ehlwyen (I thought the colors in your piece were very surreal and symbolic, and pretty; disappointed that it didn't win ), Leca, Sayjay, Nina and Sharonalee.

Nina, your awards rock and i adore mine! Also love Destiny's, Sayjay's and Wicca Jaz's designs.
                              [ ...In my exile. ]
                              LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Working...
                              X