Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

20. >>> Group 8: Techniques - Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20. >>> Group 8: Techniques - Composition

BEST USE OF COMPOSITION

wow, well we are officially past the half-way mark now and can I just say a massive congrats to everyone that has picked up an award so far! The competition has been tough, and we all had some hard choices in the voting, so well done!!

BUT we are FAR from being over, we still have a whole lot more to go with several categories still to come, not to mention the MAIN EVENT categories at the end of the night!!!

For this category we are looking at composition - the way the various other technqiues, the images and text is all put together to create the flow of the piece. With so many different stories being told through these wallpapers the composition is critical to relaying that story to the viewer, and these pieces have done that and THEN SOME!

35 nominees, 10 places, 5 runners up and 2 honourbale mentions... here we go!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THE WINNERS ARE............

Best Use of Composition

1st Place
    Spoiler:

Aureola - Perfect with 217 points.
    This award was designed by Destiny.

2nd Place
    Spoiler:

Erin Nicole - Frenemies with 203 points.
    This award was designed by Nina.

3rd Place
    Spoiler:

Zugma - Were You Worth It? with 190 points.
    This award was designed by Lyri.

4th Place
    Spoiler:

Sayjay - Tin Cans with 182 points.
    This award was designed by Nina.

5th Place
    Spoiler:

Nina - Contrast with 175 points.
    This award was designed by Ehlwyen.

6th Place
    Spoiler:

JJ - In Their Heads with 169 points.
    This award was designed by Sunnywill.

7th Place
    Spoiler:

Sharonalee - Henry V with 166 points.
    This award was designed by Tracy.

8th Place
    Spoiler:

Demetreas - Prove It with 154 points.
    This award was designed by Erin Nicole.

9th Place
    Spoiler:

Buffylover - Look Up and Pray with 140 points.
    This award was designed by Clement.

10th Place
    Spoiler:

Jennilou - Consequence with 128 points.
    This award was designed by Sara.

Runners Up:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: Bre.

Clement - Consumed by a Flame with 101 points.

Destiny - Sensitive Matters with 86 points.

Firecracker - Make it Through with 79 points.

Michelle - Never Going Back Again with 77 points.

Ehlwyen - The Joker and the Thief with 70 points.

Honourable Mentions:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: Sayjay.

Amber - Stripped Away 68 points.

WiccaJaz - Despair with 59 points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW WE'RE GOING TO BREAK IN OUR AWARDS FOR A SPECIAL SOMETHING... HEAD OVER TO THE 'MAIN EVENT' SECTION TO SEE THE NEXT POST!!!!!
    Last edited by slaycandy; 12-05-13, 12:30 AM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

I'm pretty sure that I've always placed Henry V by Sharonalee first when I could, so also here. But also Aureola and JJ were very high on my list. So shout outs to you three. And congrats to all the winners.

And I love my award, thank you. Also, Destiny your award design is fabulous.
    Last edited by Nina; 12-05-13, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Gorgeous awards again! Congrats to everybody
      My tops were aureola, jj and sunnywill!

Comment

Yay, I got an award, thanks Bre I love it!!
        Love Nina's and Sunnywill's as well!

Congrats to all the winners, awesome pieces in that category!!
        My favorites were: Erin, Brendan, Sharonalee, Aureola and JJ!
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats to everybody

Comment

My favourite category probably. Everyone's pieces are just beyond gorgeous.
            Thank you to everyone who voted for my piece!
            And thank you Tracy for that beautiful award!

Comment

Congrats everyone and thank you for my beautiful award (I love the colouring Bre)

my picks were michelle, sayjay and britt.
              Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

Comment

Aureola. So freakin' gorgeous. My #1. Gotta shout out my other faves: Nina and JJ.

Nina's award designs are simply stunning as well. In love over here.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

W00t I got an Erin Nicole award yay congrats everyone.
                  Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

Congratulations everyone!!!
                    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Congratulations everyone! My tops were Firecracker, Erin, Buffylover, Dee and Sara!

Comment

Thank you so much for the 2nd place award! I honestly had no idea "Frenemies" was so popular. The AFAs never cease to surprise me. And Nina! That award design!!! I absolutely adore it. Definitely one of my favorite designs I've won tonight. Thank you!!! You rock!

Congrats to all the other winners! This is one of my favorite categories and always leaves me inspired! Shout outs to my favorite wallpapers of this category -- Clement, Ben, Zugma, and Aureola!
                        Last edited by [erin nicole]; 12-05-13, 09:37 AM.

Comment

This category was so hard to judge There were so many insanely original and beautiful pieces. I LOVED Aureola's Perfect and Demetreas's Prove it, my top favs Then there's of course Zugma, Erin Nicole, Sayjay, JJ and Sharonalee's Henry V (I think I chose it as a top in every category it appeared I loved the tumblr version of it so much and I was deligthed to see that the artist who made that actually joined us here in the AFAs, your art is so beautiful

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

Comment

Third place in such tough competition, yay - thank you so much! Lyri, love the award, and actually a LOT of awards in this category are gorgeous; Nina, Lyn and Sunnywill, I adore yours too.

Congratulations to all who won! This category was so hard to nominate and to judge. I'm with those who voted Sharonalee's Henry V piece for #1 though. Also shouting: Sayjay, Ehlwyen, Wicca Jaz, Michelle, and Aureola.
                            [ ...In my exile. ]
                            LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Working...
                            X