Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05. >>> Group 8: Techniques - Manip

BEST USE OF MANIPS

This marks the first of our techniques awards for the night, and what a category to kick it off with, right? Manipulations are such a tricky part of fanart-ing, sometimes it can be that you want to ship a couple, other times you are trying to create a scene from a book, or perhaps you just want to create something pretty; regardless, finding those perfect images to use and slotting them together to create a manip is always a tough job and some people just do it so seamlessly!! This category is all about rewarding those flawless manips and how they have been used in the wallpapers.

We had 34 pieces in this category, and I have a whole bunch of awards to give out with places 1-10, several runners up and a couple of honourable mentions!! Sneak behing the spoilers for the results!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THE WINNERS ARE............

Best Use of Manip

1st Place
    Spoiler:

Zugma - Cas is Back with 278 points.
    This award was designed by Dee.

2nd Place
    Spoiler:

Erin Nicole - Man of Many Strings with 257 points.
    This award was designed by Zugma.

3rd Place
    Spoiler:

Jennilou - Time with 182 points.
    This award was designed by Nina.

4th Place
    Spoiler:

Demetreas - Forever That's the Whole Point with 156 points.
    This award was designed by Destiny.

5th Place
    Spoiler:

Destiny - Moving On with 152 points.
    This award was designed by Sunnywill.

6th Place
    Spoiler:

Sunnywill - Seven Devils with 132 points.
    This award was designed by Erin Nicole.

7th Place
    Spoiler:

Bre - The Lost Slayer with 122 points.

Debbie - Love is Immortal with 122 points.

8th Place
    Spoiler:

Sayjay - Arms of an Angel with 120 points.
    This award was designed by Bre.

9th Place
    Spoiler:

Aureola - Tastes Sweeter with 109 points.
    This award was designed by Sayjay.

10th Place
    Spoiler:

Kiera - Pray for Me with 100 points.
    This award was designed by Clement.

Runners Up:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: Tracy.

Holypotatoes - This Gift with 99 points.

Amber - The Black Hope with 91 points.

Ehlwyen - Unwanted Reflections with 85 points.

WiccaJaz - Barbarian with 81 points.

JJ - Concerns with 79 points.

Lyri - Empty Room with 79 points.

Honourable Mentions:
    Spoiler:

Awards designed by: Sara.

Elle - Closer 75 points.

Sharonalee - Way We Fit with 73 points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT STOP ON THIS AFA TOUR: 06. >>> Group 2: Supernatural - Episodic!!
    Last edited by slaycandy; 11-05-13, 08:49 PM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

WOW STUNNING awards!!! Congrats to all the winners, so well deserved!! And thank you all SO much for the runner-up award!!
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Weeeee, my first (runner-up) award It's so beautiful

Congrats to all the other winners...I loved your manips!

Comment

I snagged a Bre award!!!!! wooooo!!! Thanks for the votes guys, :-)
        There were so many awesome entries in this category I had NO idea how to vote, lol, but a whole bunch of well deserved winners in there!
        sigpic

Comment

OMG so many stunning awards, especially Dee, Nina and Zugma, gorgeous!

Congrats to all the winners! My top was Erin, Dee, Zugma and Lyn!
          Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 11-05-13, 09:03 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

HOLY CRAP NINA'S AWARD DESIGN IS SO BRILLIANT

They all are! This is why I could never sign up to do the Manip awards, these are amazing, and I don't even know how I would go about it.

Congrats to all the winners who get to take these home. Erin Nicole, I always admire how your work incorporates such great manips and the feel of drawn in elements! And Zugma's work is just so clean and brilliant, you would never know it didn't just come like that.

Also shoutouts to Stacy and Amber who were some of my favorites in concept/execution
            would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Holy crap! Zugma's award is super stunning. Oh my! And Nina's too.

Also on a Zugma-related note, was there any doubt she'd be #1? Come on. Likewise that Erin Nicole would follow. The stunning part is where I come in after them. Surely, there were better options. But my tops made it!!!!! YAY!
              sigpic
              follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Holy crap! 5th place! And what a beautiful award!! Thank you so much guys
                Also the awards done by Zugma and Sayjay especially are to die for Ooh and Bre as well, Dee, Nina... you are blowing my mind!

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

Comment

well done everyone, as someone who struggles with manip's I am always in awe of you work.

Holy mother of awards
                  Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

Comment

There we SOOO many great nominations in this category - real challenge to choose, my top 5 were Zugma, Destiny, Jenni Lou, Erin nicole and holypotatoes!

Comment

Gorgeous awards guys!
                      Also thank you very much for the honourable mention!
                      Congrats to all the winners!

Comment

FYI the AFA green room is now open for behind the scenes chatter as the event continues!!! go here!
                        sigpic

Comment

THE AWARDS!! *_* And the ideas in them are brilliant! Dee, Nina, Sayjay, just wow. I am totally snagging them for my art collection!

And, afkhdlgkhshj, I got first place and so many amazingly sweet comments Thank you so much everyone! But I can't believe my piece got the first and Erin Nicole's the second place, and not the other way around. Her wallpaper was outstanding and my definite favorite.

Dee, Destiny, Elle, Debbie, Aureola, Jenni Lou, Stacy, Sharonalee, I loved yours as well!
                          [ ...In my exile. ]
                          LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post
                            Holy crap! Zugma's award is super stunning. Oh my! And Nina's too.

Also on a Zugma-related note, was there any doubt she'd be #1? Come on. Likewise that Erin Nicole would follow. The stunning part is where I come in after them. Surely, there were better options. But my tops made it!!!!! YAY!
                            You ruled my heart! Ryan? Summer? Medival fantasy! YES PLEASE!

Congratulations to everyone! Manips are so amazing and tough, it was a breathtaking category.

Also shout out to Sara! I loved her Willow manip.

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Again... Congrats to all amazing winners my top fravs were again Zugma, just love all of your arts! Demetreas and Nina JUST AMAZING!

“Your pain and your hunger, they’re drivin’ you home.”

Comment

Working...
                              X