Award Designers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Award Designers

This event is always a MASSIVE undertaking and there is absolutely no way that I could do all of the awards myself, as such I am always on the look out for keen and amazing artists to put together awards for the ceremony. Not only does it mean we get LOTS of awards on the night, but we also get a variety of styles, and seeing all of the awards for the first time is as much a treat as seeing who won them!

If you would like to help out with this year's event then please do consider designing awards, if you even just done one or two then it really does help in the long run. If you want to LOADS of awards, that's just plain awesome!

The 'what they should be like' bit for anyone new to this:
    Spoiler:

The awards can be any size, colour or style that you choose. However, the award really ought to reflect the category it is for. Then it needs to have "Afa Awards Ceremony 2011/12' written somewhere on it, somewhere for the placement of the award, somewhere for the artist name and somewhere for the wallpaper title.

What I generally ask is for the awards to be submitted in photoshop format, i.e. a .psd file, with everything flattened except the text layers. I also ask people to zip up the fonts and send these over too to ensure I have everything.

If you don't have photoshop, can you send two images for each award, one with all the text on it so I know where it all goes, and one with just the background image for me to place the text on top of when I know what place it will be and who the winner is.

Now, onto the lists... as each category will be handled by someone different I am splitting the lists into their group below. See the links to view the updated award designers lists. If you wish to be added to a list please contact AFA2011@hotmail.co.uk or PM me. Once we have category leaders in place this will change.

The lists:
    • Group 1: Sci Fi Series - click me - 2 spaces
    • Group 2: Supernatural/Fantasy Series - click me - 2 spaces
    • Group 3: Vampire Series - click me - 1 space
    • Group 4: Comedy/Drama Series - click me - FULL
    • Group 5: Other Mediums - click me - 2 spaces
    • Group 6: Celebs - click me - FULL
    • Group 7: The Emotions - click me - 6 spaces
    • Group 8: The Techniques - click me - 5 spaces

TOTAL SPACES REMAINING: 18
    Current number of different artists designing awards: 17
    Last edited by slaycandy; 14-11-12, 06:45 PM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

I hope it's okay that I post it here.... but when needed, I would love to help out and make some awards.

Comment

I could help out with awards too. I'm not sure I'd be able to help out with everything else since this all takes place around when I graduate and then have to take my nursing boards so there's not going to be a ton of free time for me but I could certainly whip up some awards.
      T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

I don't know is it appropriate to post here, but if it is, here some categories I'd like to make the awards for:
        Spoiler:
        Group 4: Drama/Comedy - Character
        Group 4: Drama/Comedy - 2011 award
        Group 6: Celebrity - Female
        Group 6: Celebrity - Male
        Group 8: Techniques - Colour
        Group 8: Techniques - Text
        Group 8: Techniques - Composition
        Group 8: Techniques - Textures/Brushes

Comment

Put me down for everything and anything - where a spot is needed, I'll take it or do one for each!

Comment

Put me down for one of each in every category apart from techniques. Stick me wherever you need me, lol.

Wait, that sounded dirty, lol.
            Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Aureola View Post
              I don't know is it appropriate to post here, but if it is, here some categories I'd like to make the awards for:
              Spoiler:
              Group 4: Drama/Comedy - Character
              Group 4: Drama/Comedy - 2011 award
              Group 6: Celebrity - Female
              Group 6: Celebrity - Male
              Group 8: Techniques - Colour
              Group 8: Techniques - Text
              Group 8: Techniques - Composition
              Group 8: Techniques - Textures/Brushes
              Adding you in as I type!
              x
              sigpic

Comment

I've updated the original post, all the lists are now online and ready for updating!
                SJ
                xxx
                sigpic

Comment

Well because so many awards will have to be made for techniques... sign me up for two awards in every technique category. If I counted correctly, that means 14 awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                    Well because so many awards will have to be made for techniques... sign me up for two awards in every technique category. If I counted correctly, that means 14 awards.
                    Added! Thank you soooo much!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

In case you didn't get my PM, sign me up for one in every category/sub-category needed

Comment

If it's not considered taking on too much ( a whole category and some awards as well) I'm reporting for duty so you can sign me up for two in each category/ subcategory)
                        In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

Comment

I have an ancient version of Word that cannot open those files, so I can't check which categories are already claimed. But in case there is a spot left in any besides Comedy/Drama, I could design 2 or 3 awards. Just let me know which ones.

(I'm sorry I'm not offering more, I'm just not sure if I'll be able to make them if I do. If I have the time later and there is still the need, I'll volunteer again. Hope that's okay. )
                          [ ...In my exile. ]
                          LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            Gosh, I hate myself for being away of Buffyforums that long (8 months?), but life's can be a bitc*, now i'm settled and so ready to be back in this community and the AFA's just the thing to give me the extra push.
                            Thanks Sayjay for doing this and you can definitely sign me up for some awards (like 10 I guess).

xxx
                            Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 19-01-13, 01:48 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, Kiera, Destiny, Zugma and Clement I have added you guys into the lists above and (hopefully) sent you a list of the awards you are designing for this year. If you didn't receive a list let me know and I'll make sure you get it!

THANK YOU!!
                              SJ
                              x
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X