Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

20 >> Group 8: The Techniques - Best Use of Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 >> Group 8: The Techniques - Best Use of Colour

BEST USE OF COLOUR

TWENTY! that's right, this is our twentieth stop on this crazy tour that is the AFA Award Ceremony, and boy what a night it has been! We've had lighting, textures, text and manips all done and dusted already and here we are on colour!

Let's have some colour, wooooooo!!!

Okay so I'm easily excited by the simple things in life! No, this category is not about keeping your colouring in within the lines or even using the right colours in a paint by numbers! Instead, our colouring category is all about taking the various shades and tones and making them work for our wallpapers, whether it using the colours to give the piece a certain edge, to differentiate between two sides of a story, as symbolic colours to add to the deeper meaning, or whether it is just to add to the overall tone and atmosphere of the piece. Colour tends to set the mood for a piece, be it bright and bold or sombre and delicate.

We've had a wide range of pieces nominated in this category each using colouring in a different way to add to their pieces and it's an honour to see so many get awards for their colouring skills! We had 50 pieces nominated in total for this category, with 4 not eligible for awards leaving us with 46, so we have 22 awards to hand out including 15 placements, 5 runners up and 2 honourable mentions... here we go!!!

Best Use of Colour

1st Place
    Spoiler:

Wendy - Horatio Caine with 384 points.
    This award was designed by Buffylover.

2nd Place
    Spoiler:

Zugma - Halloween with 383 points.
    This award was designed by Debbie.

3rd Place
    Spoiler:

Sayjay - Second Look with 380 points.
    This award was designed by Aureola.

4th Place
    Spoiler:

JJ - Clouds in My Coffee with 363 points.
    This award was designed by Jennilou.

5th Place
    Spoiler:

Jennilou - Baby You're A Big Star Now with 351 points.
    This award was designed by JJ.

6th Place
    Spoiler:

Aureola - Caged Bird with 326 points.
    This award was designed by Erin Nicole.

7th Place
    Spoiler:

Line - Angel with 310 points.
    This award was designed by WiccaJaz.

8th Place
    Spoiler:

Nina - Tell Me with 309 points.
    This award was designed by Bre.

9th Place
    Spoiler:

Erin Nicole - Poker Face with 300 points.
    This award was designed by Kiera.

10th Place
    Spoiler:

Bre - Fire Your Gun with 292 points.
    This award was designed by Debbie.

11th Place
    Spoiler:

Elle - Prince of Persia with 282 points.
    This award was designed by Sayjay.

12th Place
    Spoiler:

Fuzzy - Ab Fab with 265 points.

13th Place
    Spoiler:

Amber - Don't Watch with 258 points.

14th Place
    Spoiler:

Demetreas - Virgo with 239 points.

15th Place
    Spoiler:

Xinyi - Kick Ass with 199 points.

Runners-up

Spoiler:

Ehlwyen - Still My Own with 191 points.
    This award was designed by Demetreas.

Debbie - Crucify Me with 190 points.

Clement - Halo with 188 points.

Sasha - Blood of the Dragon with 176 points.

Signe - Afraid of Dying with 169 points.

Honourable Mentions

Spoiler:

Sting - Peace with 165 points.

Monica - Fire with 163 points.

Congratulations to everyone who has just snagged a fab new award! Join us again in a few minutes when we return to present:
    21 >> Group 1: Sci-Fi Series - Best Group Wallpaper
    SJ
    xox
    Last edited by slaycandy; 25-06-11, 12:29 AM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Aureola! That awards And lol! Jenni Lou and I clearly just made awards for each other for this category Thank you so much everybody!

Congrats to Wendy, Zugma and Sayjay! The color category is always one of my favorites to nominate for and/or judge and just generally enjoy in concept and theory. personal faves were fuzzy, jo and line but it was so hard to decide!
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners! I wanna give a HUGE shout-out to Fuzzy, whose piece was amazing, IMO, and you were my #1 for this category! Rounding out the top 5 for me were Heather, Wendy, Sayjay, and Line!

Also fantastic awards! I particularly like the ones by Demetreas, Aureola, buffylover, and JJ! =

Comment

Jj, I'm in awe of your award design. As well as your colouring skills in general!!! Always your an inspiration! My other top three were Bre and Lyn, just loved your pieces

Comment

Gosh all these awards are so beautiful I especially love the ones from Buffylover, Aureola, Jennilou and WiccaJaz

Congrats to all the winners! My top 5 were Sayjay, Erin Nicole, WiccaJaz, Elle and Jennilou

Comment

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
            And lol! Jenni Lou and I clearly just made awards for each other for this category
            LOL! I didn't even notice that!!! I have that many files open in PS at once going "now I think Jennilou has won an award from this person, and this person, and this person... how about JJ..." then then same for the next person. Guaranteed though that I've probably made mistakes along the way and someone has won like 10 awards all designed by the same artist lol!
            sigpic

Comment

WiccaJaz, Demetreas and buffylover those awards kick ass!!!

well done to all the winners, yet another area I find difficult so I take my hat off to you all.

top picks were Heather, Wendy and Stacy.
              Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

Comment

Am I the only one that became abruptly sad but then started laughing once they opened up the Honourable mentions only to see they were black and white? I mean black and white are colors but still, this is a color challenge...... No? Just me then? Ahem, carrying on.

Loving all of the awards! So bright and shiny with a lot of random abstract shapes. Good stuff. And SJ's awards are just amazing, per usual. Congrats to all of the winners. Judging the color category is kind of tricky but everyone's entries were great. Shout outs to JJ, SJ, Amber, Erin, and Dianne!
                T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

So much prettiness! Personal favs were Demetreas, Wendy, WiccaJaz and Aureola, but if it had been possible, everyone would have been number 1 for me!

Congrats to the winners!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
                  Icon by xiperita

Comment

For ALL the entries in this category - it's one of the hardest for me to judge.

excellence in awards continues!

Shout out to my own top 5 -Nai, Dana, Lyn, Signe & Erinnicole! Nai, that wall seems so real looking, it could be an actual photograph!
                    sigpic

Comment

Congrats to everyone, thanks for the vote!! I love my award from sayjay, love the use of textures colour and lighting! but some frigging fantastic awards here!!! especially Aureola, Bre, and JJ, I loved the veriety of wallpapers in this category I nicked most of these for my window 7 wallpaper slideshow from this category lol, especially Sasha, Amber Elle, and Dana's wallpapers
                      Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

Oh wow, I just noticed I came in third! *facepalm* I'm totally not paying attention anymore, I'm on a posting frenzy!!!! Thanks to everyone who voted, there were so many fab pieces to choose from Erin Nicole was my #1, loved what she did with Poker Face!!! Also shout outs to Wendy, Amber, Signe and Clement who were (i think) in my top 5 (off the top off my head!)
                        sigpic

Comment

Great job on the awards, everyone, and a huge congrats to all the winners for their pretty, vibrant (or not vibrant) pieces! Special shout-outs to Sayjay, Wendy, and JJ.
                          wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Thanks again for the award, which is just gorgeous. Pat on the back for the winners and my top five were Jenni Lou, JJ, Signe, SJ and Wendy.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm more shocked by Heather's absence of the rank than by my presence, well almost as I was not expecting an award at all, thanks a lot Demetreas!!!

So as I was saying, Heather was my gold medal, such an unusual use of colours, loved the piece!! Jenni Lou and Wendy complete my top here!!!

I love Buffylover and Aureola's awards!!!
                              Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 25-06-11, 12:44 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X