Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 >> Group 8: The Techniques - Best Use of Colour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
    Am I the only one that became abruptly sad but then started laughing once they opened up the Honourable mentions only to see they were black and white? I mean black and white are colors but still, this is a color challenge...... No? Just me then? Ahem, carrying on.
    I had done all the other HMs in B&W and when it came to this I suddenly stopped and thought "oh balls!" but it was too late by then to go back and change all the others so I just went with it Next year I will plan for MORE award designers and fill all the spaces, that way HMs can have their own design too! :O
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      I'm more shocked by Heather's absence of the rank than by my presence, well almost as I was not expecting an award at all, thanks a lot Demetreas!!!

      So as I was saying, Heather was my gold medal, such an unusual use of colours, loved the piece!! Jenni Lou and Wendy complete my top here!!!

      I love Buffylover and Aureola's awards!!!
      Awww! You're way too sweet! I deeply, DEEPLY appreciate the kind words! I know that this category was super had to judge since everyone's pieces for ridiculously fabulous.
      wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

      YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
        I had done all the other HMs in B&W and when it came to this I suddenly stopped and thought "oh balls!" but it was too late by then to go back and change all the others so I just went with it Next year I will plan for MORE award designers and fill all the spaces, that way HMs can have their own design too! :O
        No I get it. I knew that all of the HM's were in B&W but I just thought it was kind of funny that in the color challenge they remained black and white. It was just sort of an "Aww, no" moment when I opened the last spoiler that inevitably turned to laughter out of the irony of it all.
        T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

        Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by holypotatoes View Post
          No I get it. I knew that all of the HM's were in B&W but I just thought it was kind of funny that in the color challenge they remained black and white. It was just sort of an "Aww, no" moment when I opened the last spoiler that inevitably turned to laughter out of the irony of it all.
          stocks and colour were the very last two I did and I swear I was tempted to go back and change it, I really did have an 'aw balls' moment in PS when I realised it meant B&W colour awards, lol... but hey... the irony is part of the fun right?
          sigpic
          Art by Sayjay at Radiance

          Comment


          • #20
            Congratulations Wendy! You did a mindblowingly beautifull job with coloring!!! Must shout out to Line for her ethereal coloring, Nina for the coloring to capture time standing still, and Lyri for such a bold and haunting coloring!

            Ahhh!!! Love all these awards and want to toss them into a pile and roll around with them!!! I'm looking at you Kiera, JJ, SJ, Aureola, Jenni Lou! And thank you especially for mine Demetreas!!

            Lydia made the punch!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
              stocks and colour were the very last two I did and I swear I was tempted to go back and change it, I really did have an 'aw balls' moment in PS when I realised it meant B&W colour awards, lol... but hey... the irony is part of the fun right?
              Exactly right.
              T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

              Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by little albatross View Post
                And lol! Jenni Lou and I clearly just made awards for each other for this category


                I LOVE AUREOLA'S AWARD. AND JJ'S. WHICH IS NOW MINE!

                Color, color, color. So many ways to go. Bright and vibrant. Or subtle and nuanced. Elle, Fuzzy, SJ, Debbie and Aureola rounded out my top 5.
                sigpic
                follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

                Comment


                • #23
                  More amazing awards and more well deserved winners!! Congrats to everyone!!!

                  I voted for Debbie Erin, Nicole, Fuzzy, Bre & Aureola.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    considering most of my art is usually dark coloured, i appreciate how colourful art can be. congrats to all the winners, and that award by Aureola is incredible...and yay, i got myself another award by Sayjay.

                    my favs: Zugma, JJ, Aureola, Sasha and Naisica
                    veronica mars: "i've got a kidney with your name on it, no questions asked."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      There is not one award I can single out as being awesome because I LOVED all of the awards in this category so much and for different reasons! Debbie's award with the rainbow was just fun and and made me smile! JJ and Aureola's were fab concepts with great uses of colour; and the rest were all just damn beautiful!!! I adore these awards and want to hug them all!!!
                      sigpic
                      Art by Sayjay at Radiance

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        This was such a tough category for me, both to nominate and to vote - I'm never sure whether I should pick the prettiest colors, or the most conceptual (and, actually, which are the most conceptual, LOL). So I'm very very flattered to have won second place Thank you everyone who voted for me and congrats to all the winners!

                        The awards are extraordinary in this category, BTW. I adore Buffylover's, Debbie's (thank you!!), Aureola's, JJ's, Jenni Lou's... pretty much all of them
                        [ ...In my exile. ]
                        LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Gah! The beauty. Its. Just. Too. Much!!!! Again, some freaking amazing awards, people. I loves! Especially, JJ, and Aureola! To dye for awards! Thank you to everyone who voted and thank you Kiera for designing my award! You rock!

                          Whether you used lots of bright and happy colors, something that poped, or stuck with muted and B&W this was a tough one to judge. Major shout out to my Top 5: Jj (You are the queen of color! I bow before you!!!), Amber (This may be my favorite piece of yours from 2010. For serious. ), Xinyi, Jenni Lou, and Bre.

                          Originally posted by Jenni Lou View Post


                          I LOVE AUREOLA'S AWARD. AND JJ'S. WHICH IS NOW MINE!
                          Last edited by [erin nicole]; 28-06-11, 07:17 AM.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X