Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

23 >> Group 7: The Emotions - Best Tearjerker Wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 >> Group 7: The Emotions - Best Tearjerker Wallpaper

BEST TEARS WALLPAPER

IT'S THE FINAL COUNDOWN.........Okay not quite, we're still just at 23 but I'm getting a tad carried away with this countdown thing now! After this we'll only have 7 more to get through and it'll all be over!

Now, it's time to grab a kleenex (or whatever brand you choose... no I don't get paid for product placements, perhaps we should look into sponsorship?) to take a look at those pieces that moved us so much with their images, colouring and lighting that they brought tears to our eyes. No? No one else crying while they voted in this category? Just me? Oh well! I'm a big softy what can I say!!!

We had a tremendous 47 pieces nominated in this category, not easy to choose from when doing the voting I'll tell you! 4 of those were not eligible for awards and so we have 15 placements and 5 runners up about to be presented...

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING - these awards may make you want to cry... if you do not have a tissue prepared the AFA cannot be held responsible for your gushing!

Best Tearjerker Wallpaper

1st Place
    Spoiler:

Wendy - Bonfires with 438 points.
    This award was designed by Erin Nicole.

2nd Place
    Spoiler:

Sayjay - When I'm Gone with 435 points.
    This award was designed by WiccaJaz.

3rd Place
    Spoiler:

Jennilou - You Are Here with 364 points.
    This award was designed by Sophie.

4th Place
    Spoiler:

Sting - Problem with 350 points.
    This award was designed by Heather.

5th Place
    Spoiler:

Signe - Possibility with 320 points.
    This award was designed by Debbie.

6th Place
    Spoiler:

Amber - Wish We Never Met with 298 points.
    This award was designed by Kiera.

7th Place
    Spoiler:

Nikki - I Didn't Have a Choice with 268 points.
    This award was designed by Clement.

8th Place
    Spoiler:

Aureola - Drown in Your Tears with 263 points.
    This award was designed by Buffylover.

9th Place
    Spoiler:

Francy - I Am Death with 247 points.
    This award was designed by Bre.

10th Place
    Spoiler:

Elle - Delicate Things with 222 points.
    This award was designed by Debbie.

11th Place
    Spoiler:

Bre - Can't Breathe with 216 points.
    This award was designed by Sayjay.

AND

JJ - Her Will Alone with 216 points.

12th Place
    Spoiler:

Stacy - It's Just Too Much with 215 points.

13th Place
    Spoiler:

Xinyi - Erase the Pain with 210 points.

14th Place
    Spoiler:

Ben - Follow You with 204 points.

15th Place
    Spoiler:

Erin Nicole - Fall From Grace with 203 points.

Runners-up

Spoiler:

Heather - I'm Sorry with 197 points.

Firecracker - Empty with 192 points.

SmthBlue - Negative Space with 192 points.

Ehlwyen - Heaven's Knock with 187 points.

Naisica - I Win, So, I Win with 182 points.

Congratulations to everyone who has just snagged a fab new award! Join us again in a few minutes when we return to present:
    24 >> Group 8: The Techniques - Best Use of Composition

SJ
    xox
    Last edited by slaycandy; 25-06-11, 12:55 AM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

God. The pieces in this category were really full of emotion which says so much about the talent of every artist who entered. I had a really tough time picking my votes (special shout-outs to Sayjay, Jenni Lou, and Clement). Congrats to the winners and GREAT job to all of the award makers.
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

omg MY EYES ARE PISSING TEARS AT BUFFYLOVER'S AWARD! And Heather's design is so beautifully sad!

Congratulations wendy! And I had to note, because ironically my votes in this category made me laugh, that my top three went in alphabetical order: Amber, Ben, Bre
      would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

Buffylover those awards are brilliant so unique! and Sayjays, awards
        special shout out for wallpapers to Signe, Stacy, Wendy, and Francy
        Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
          omg MY EYES ARE PISSING TEARS AT BUFFYLOVER'S AWARD! And Heather's design is so beautifully sad!
          LOL I know I LOVE it, and I had to pair it with Aureola's "Drown in my Tears" because it just seemed sooo fitting, lol...

Sad award.
          Sad award.
          Sad award.
          Wait... what??? OMG!

Lol, it made me grin
          sigpic
          Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

This was difficult for me to vote for... was going through some personal stuff during voting so I actually did cry a little as I looked at all the walls but hey that's the whole point right?

:+: Shiny Nickel :+:
            Last Updated 9/8/11

Comment

I have best award EVER!! Buffylover just rocks with his awards, thank you for them!

Most tearjerking to me were pieces by jj, nai, sharonalee, nikki and sayjay

Comment

Am baffled at my award - fifth? HUH?! Thanks everyone who voted for me and thanks to Debbie for that pretty (albeit sad) award!

I really only want to make one shout out this time and that's to Lyn's Heaven's Knock. I'm singling that one out because it's my favourite piece... Like ever. I want to cry when I look at it because it simply screams emotion - the despair is overpowering. I love how unique it looks, how personal the style is - which also contributes to how personal it feels for me to look at.

Comment

first. Erin Nicole, WiccaJaz and Heather those awards are fantastic!

second. thankyou once again Buffylover for another beautiful award. and thankyou everyone for your vote

shout out to Nikki your piece was beautiful!
                  Find me at facebook - tumblr - twitter - livejournal

Comment

Thanks for my award everyone! And thanks for making those awards so stunning SJ. Adoring the coloring on them so much. And Buffylover your awards are making me crack up. Stick figure drawings do that to me I guess. Major props to Wendy for her Bonfires piece, twas my number 1 as well and she is well deserving of that spot. Shout outs to Heather, Elle, Francy, and SJ. Your guys' pieces were able to tug at the heart strings.
                    T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

@ Buffylover, stunning awards. Congrats to the winners adn my top 5 were Sting, Jenni Lou, Nikki, SJ and Wendy.
                      sigpic

Comment

THIS CATEGORY was impossible to judge. But I loved it. I remember staring at these walls for awhile trying to decide how to rank them but I loved 'em all! Congratulations to the winners, especially Wendy, Sayjay, and Jenni Lou! My top 5 were Aureola, Sayjay, Sting, Bre, and Jenni Lou, but they were all swapped around many times And thank you for my award, I'm stunned I made it in here and am very very grateful. And thank you so much for the shout-out, JJ!!

The awards are beautiful, too! Heather and Debbie's awards are so beautiful and make me wanna cry and buffylover's award is simply awesome!

Comment

Buffylover your awards are SO AWESOME!!!! I am so thrilled to have gotten one!!!

Congratulations Wendy! Such a heartbreakingly beautiful wall! Some of my favorites are SJ, Joe, Amber, Signe, Sunny! JJ you are my number one!!! This wall breaks my heart with the strong use of color and composition and smallness of the actors in the scene you created. I feel her will is the only think keeping me from crying when looking at it!

Lydia made the punch!

Comment

Originally posted by little albatross View Post
                            omg MY EYES ARE PISSING TEARS AT BUFFYLOVER'S AWARD!
                            Originally posted by slaycandy View Post
                            LOL I know I LOVE it, and I had to pair it with Aureola's "Drown in my Tears" because it just seemed sooo fitting, lol...

Sad award.
                            Sad award.
                            Sad award.
                            Wait... what??? OMG!

Lol, it made me grin
                            BRILLIANT! And there's never anything wrong to laugh in the face of sadness. Singing in the rain and all that...

Comment

I love Wiccajaz and Buffylover's awards!!

So many great entries here, my fav including Sayjay, Jenni Lou, Firecracker, Wendy and Stacy!!! Congrats to all the other winners!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X