Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

06 >> Group 5: Other Mediums - Best Scenic Wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 >> Group 5: Other Mediums - Best Scenic Wallpaper

BEST OTHER MEDIUM SCENIC WALLPAPER

We've had the category Best Book/Film Art in previous years, but with so many people arting from books, comics, movies, fanfictions, or creating cross-over art it was about damn time that the AFA recognised this and had a little place for those artists to nominate their work! So... here we go... 'Other Mediums' covering... well... anything that isn't a TV series basially! Be it Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Twilight, or the BtVS comics it's all welcome here!!

This is the first of the three Other Medium categories, this one celebrating 'scenic' art, the other awards will be out sooooon! There were an amazing 32 pieces nominated in this category (2 were not eligible for awards) and so we have 15 awards that you may just get your hands on including 10 placement awards and 5 runners up!!!

Best Other Medium Scenic Wallpaper

1st Place
    Spoiler:

Sayjay - Underneath [Film: Burlesque] with 312 points.
    This award was designed by Debbie.

2nd Place
    Spoiler:

Amber - Don't Watch [Book: Short Second Life of Bree Tanner] with 237 points.
    This award was designed by Erin Nicole.

3rd Place
    Spoiler:

Zugma - Angel Who Went to Hell [Fic] with 216 points.
    This award was designed by Clement.

4th Place
    Spoiler:

Firecracker - Too Much Attention [Book/Film: Eclipse] with 211 points.
    This award was designed by Bre.

5th Place
    Spoiler:

SmthBlue - Inception [Film: Inception] with 210 points.
    This award was designed by Sayjay.

6th Place
    Spoiler:

Bre - I Got Lost [Book/Film: New Moon] with 205 points.

7th Place
    Spoiler:

Jennilou - The Mist [Film: The Mist] with 194 points.

8th Place
    Spoiler:

Wendy - Beast [TBA] with 189 points.

AND

JJ - Send Me All Your Angels [Film: Serenity] with 189 points.

9th Place
    Spoiler:

Sting - Lie [Film: The Dark Knight] with 182 points.

10th Place
    Spoiler:

Xinyi - Third Generation Lycan [Film: Rise of the Lycans] with 181 points.

Runners-up

Spoiler:

Signe - I Cannot Be [Book/Film: Twilight Saga] with 159 points.

WiccaJaz - Ancient Enemy [Film: Alice in Wonderland] with 146 points.

Kiera - Sorta Fairytale [Book/Film: Eclipse] with 133 points.

Ben - Living [Film: Sweeney Todd] with 118 points.

Fuzzy - See the Sun [Film: Blade Movies] with 118 points.

Congratulations to everyone who has just snagged a fab new award! Join us again in a few minutes when we return to present:
    07 >> Group 6: Best Male Celebrity Wallpaper
    SJ
    xox
    Last edited by slaycandy; 24-06-11, 10:01 PM.
    sigpic
    Art by Sayjay at Radiance

I had some "special" votes, I guess, compared to everyone else but that doesn't make the winners any less deserving! This was a tough category to vote for because I loved EVERY piece! I was pulling my hair out like crazy! I want to applaud the winners for making me go bald and compliment the award makers for such pretty designs!

Shout-out to Smth Blue (GENIUS piece), Xinyi, and JJ!
    wittyCOMEBACK: updated 10/2/10!

YAY! AFA'S! COME CELEBRATE WITH US!

Comment

Oooooh lovely awards again. Especially loving Clément's and Erin's. Congrats to all of the winners. And props to Firecracker! You were my number one. Loved it. Followed by SJ's and Stings pieces.
      T _A _T _E _R _S'____ W _O _R _L _D

Proud recipient of the "Vagenis Award of Excellence"

Comment

OMG really!? Thank you sooo much for my award, I am very pleasantly shocked to get one! Congratulations to all the other winners, the walls are fantastic. My top 3 were SmthBlue, Zugma, and Signe! SmthBlue, that piece seriously blew my mind. It is one of the most creative walls I've ever seen and one of my all time favorites

Great awards by everyone, too! Sayjay, your awards are good.

Comment

See this is why I am always too afraid to make awards these are so pretty I am terrified mine will not be able to compare!

I absolutely love Amber & Zugma's awards..

Again, Congrats to all the winners!

:+: Shiny Nickel :+:
          Last Updated 9/8/11

Comment

Debbie's award with the red rum RED is amazing!

Stunning entries in here. YAY FOR SJ! That was my top pick too! Also loved Smth Blue, Sophie and xinyi!
            sigpic
            follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

Comment

Congrats to everyone, this category was hard to vote for as a lot of the work was outside of the normal fandoms, but I loved the variety in every piece like Heather said Smth Blue's piece was so creative!!! but I think they were all amazing especially Jenni Lou's the Mist it broke my heart that wallpaper!
              Dee@ Lucid Fanart || Twitter || Last.fm

icon from imemine-art

Comment

I didn't enter this category, but I'm here to say how amazing Smth_blue's piece is Also my favs are jj, zugma, nina and sayjay - special congrats to you girls!

Comment

Woohoo! #1-3 matched my own ballot - I think for the first time ever! Congrats - Amber "Don't Watch" was an incredible piece of work!

Awards continue to get better and better.

Lazy this year - only designed 3 outfits - 1 for the red carpet, 1 for the awards and 1 for the after party......................couldn't do more with no muse!
                  sigpic

Comment

I love Erin's and Sayjay's awards!!!!

Congrats to the winners, my top 3 being Firecracker, Sayjay and Signe...No award for Signe...really?!
                    sigpic

Comment

Congrats to all the winners ♥ Love the awards, especially the ones of Dr. Horrible and Inception

Comment

Aaah, debbie. that award is amazingly creepy!

I almost forgot I even had anything in this category (both now and during the nomination period ), so thank you so much for the votes!

I loved Jenni Lou, Bre and Smthblue
                        would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

Comment

I'm still kind of shock from the Razor's Edge win... but seriously... another? Damn you guys rawk!!! My top pics were Sting, Smthblue, Elle and Erin Nicole!!! Smthblue's concept just rawked!
                          sigpic
                          Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Comment

Woot, SJ! You were my number 1!!

Special shout out to Wendy, Bre, Ben and Firecracker. You guys were my top five!
                            Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I´d like to join Heather in applauding the winners complimenting award makers...they´re sooo pretty!

Comment

Working...
                              X