Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do while the forum was on hiatus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoney View Post

I can't see who it is who said they were going to watch Sharp Objects. Anyway, I second that it was a great show.
    Well that's just weird It was Mike B. He hasn't got an avatar, but his name is on the screen, or that's what I can see.

Comment

• Stoney
      Stoney commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see it now. Just a temporary quirk perhaps.

-Watched Pt. 3 of new Sabrina
    -Started watching The Witcher
    -Followed the new virus
    -Debated making a Tumblr account
    -Debated the morality of software people breaking something just so you have to update
    Last edited by HardlyThere; 28-01-20, 04:10 AM.

Comment

I rewatched all of Angel Season 4 and (surprisingly) enjoyed it a great deal. So much that I forgot to take notes on it!

HardlyThere, great avatar. Not only do I love the floating eyeballs bit, but it suits your username perfectly

Comment

I've been all in on the Arrowverse with Crisis On Infinite Earths,the return of the Arrowverse shows,The Green Arrow and Canaries backdoor pilot last week.And tonight is the Arrow Series Finale.A one hour special looking back on the series at 8pm and then at 9pm is the final episode.I also joined a Supergirl forum.And have been making my first posts there the last week given my thoughts on last weeks episode and this weeks as well as the promo for the next episode in three weeks.

I'll tell you,the reaction to certain elements of Sunday's episode and the promo for the next one brings back the shipper war memories and specifically when Riley was introduced in season 4 here.I am so glad I became a non-shipper and can just let the show take me where it wants because there is a lot of knashing of teeth right now going on the Supergirl fandom that Kara is getting a new love interest for the first time since season 3(the show is in season 5 now) and Mon-El(Melissa Benoist's real life husband Chris Wood).

Mon-El was Supergirl's love interest in seasons 2-3.He left the show at the end of season 3.They didn't give Supergirl a love interest in season 4.But this season they introduced a new character named William,a new reporter character and most fans were smelling new love interest on him from as far back as this summer when the character was announced.It finally played out in this week's episode /the promo for the next.The Kara/Mon-El & supercorp(Kara/Lena) shippers are not happy(Supercorp reminds me of spuffy before spuffy actually happened on the show.A very popular ship in fanfic that has little teases on the show and the creators and stars are very aware of..

William so reminds me of when Riley was introduced in Buffy season 4 and once again,I say I'm so happy not to be a shipper(I enjoyed Kara/Mon-El and like Kara/Lena fanfic.To be honest I like lots of different stories featuring Kara paired with different characters) and don't really care who they pair her with on the show as long as it's a good interesting story.
        Last edited by BAF; 28-01-20, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I've just finished watching the series Penny Dreadful this week. I loved parts of it, found some aspects dragged and was massively disappointed by the ending for Vanessa. Overall it had some superb acting and character exploration but that ending really took the shine off it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
            I've just finished watching the series Penny Dreadful this week. I loved parts of it, found some aspects dragged and was massively disappointed by the ending for Vanessa. Overall it had some superb acting and character exploration but that ending really took the shine off it for me.
            I've never watched the final episodes because I was spoiled and no longer felt like watching it. A strange habit of mine, I've watched all of Gilmore Girls, but the final episode (and the reboot I refuse to acknowledge) because I didn't like what I read about the ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
              I've never watched the final episodes because I was spoiled and no longer felt like watching it. A strange habit of mine, I've watched all of Gilmore Girls, but the final episode (and the reboot I refuse to acknowledge) because I didn't like what I read about the ending.
              I was unspoiled for the whole series so I had no idea where they were going to take it. I was just really astounded that was the ending they opted to give the main character. It was a really bad choice imo. The writing of some of the characters was just excellent and gained real layers through the seasons, but Vanessa was hardly present at the end and then when she was, yeah, not good. And it really could have been. It almost felt like it was a deliberate way of drawing a line but it wasn't the only option to do that.

The ending aside it was far from perfect, there was a real propensity, particularly in the first season, to fit in back stories in a way that felt really forced or awkward. But the second season they did very little of that and it was excellent and the character exploration was great. The third season really added to some of the character analysis too and despite one episode in the middle that I was really bored by, it was still good. Not S2 good but good. Up until the end.

I was bought it so I own it, but I think it would be a good while before I rewatch it.

Comment

Working...
              X