Which Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Table

Seen this a lot on social media lately, though I don't know who made it. It's quite simple, which table would you sit at and why?

The Gentlemen - they don't talk so I don't need to listen and I can eavesdrop on the other tables. Having said that, the table's in the middle of the room which makes it difficult to slip away unnoticed if I'm bored. Is there a buffet sorry - looked again and answered my own question)? Why am I sitting in a canteen?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
      The Gentlemen - they don't talk so I don't need to listen and I can eavesdrop on the other tables. Having said that, the table's in the middle of the room which makes it difficult to slip away unnoticed if I'm bored. Is there a buffet sorry - looked again and answered my own question)? Why am I sitting in a canteen?
      It's meant to be high school . . . or maybe the San Fran police department canteen?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        It's meant to be high school . . . or maybe the San Fran police department canteen?
        Either way - you think they'd have better security on the door! I've decided it's a TV studio canteen. Self-reflexive innit?
        sigpic

Comment

I was going to go with Fred, Willow, Xander and Jonathan. On the basis that I'm just having a quick sandwich and I think they'd be more fun to sit and chat with briefly. But I'm not convinced by the mix with Fred and Jonathan and how that would affect a jovial/light tone. There's something a little off putting about most of the tables to be honest. I'm not sat with Spike because I'm assuming this is The Scourge era which is too dominated by posturing to put up with over a soft drink and sandwich and I can live without the gruesome stories over lunch too. I might have gone for Buffy's table but I think I would be just as bored as Buffy at the work talk that group dynamic is going to be dominated by, ha. So I'm going to opt to chat with Faith, Oz, Gunn and Riley. I think the banter between them could be entertaining. But I'll probably keep looking over to Willow and Xander and be torn if they all seem to be having a good laugh.

Comment

Can we combine it with the "throw someone out of the boat" exercise?

"Gunn, Oz, Faith - throw Riley OotB" - sort of thing? Or spill a hot drink on them so they have to leave?
            sigpic

Comment

I was thinking that a little light-hearted ribbing and the wish to fit would get him to relax a touch, you never know. Oh heck, I clearly think I fit with Gunn/Oz/Faith. Hmmmm, I'm taking a moment for self-reflection.... and I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                I was thinking that a little light-hearted ribbing and the wish to fit would get him to relax a touch, you never know. Oh heck, I clearly think I fit with Gunn/Oz/Faith. Hmmmm, I'm taking a moment for self-reflection.... and I'm done.
                Can we make it "heavy-handed sarcasm disguised as light-hearted ribbing" please? Just enough to unsettle him so he comes up with an "Uhh...I think I left the gas on" excuse and leaves. Gunn/Oz/Faith sounds fun...Riley's the fly in the ointment, the elephant in the room, the pooper at the party.
                sigpic

Comment

All the tables have something off-putting about them though. Riley might be the spring board for conversation, sarcasm and ribbing as needed.

Comment

Well if we're going by the 'throw one out of the boat' principle, I'll be on Table 7, having a good laugh with Cordy, Lorne and Anya. Sorry Glory, you've gone overboard . . . actually I think it'd still be a fun table with Glory, so maybe no one goes overboard.

Comment

Sorry, I cannot see myself at any of the tables:

Each one has someone who would throw the
                      conversation into the realm of the unbearable...

And, as TriBel noted, The Gentlemen are in
                      the middle of the room, my least favorite
                      place to be...

Like Buffy in S6, full of wrongness once again...

Sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Well if we're going by the 'throw one out of the boat' principle, I'll be on Table 7, having a good laugh with Cordy, Lorne and Anya. Sorry Glory, you've gone overboard . . . actually I think it'd still be a fun table with Glory, so maybe no one goes overboard.
                        I considered that one. My concern was whether Glory (red) and Lorne (green) would result in an optical illusion that broke my brain (trust me on this - Google is my friend. On the plus side - if my mind was broken it wouldn't be worth sucking). Alternatively, what if you were colour blind and confused the two? Two of the people on that table have a habit of bursting into song. Am I signing up for karaoke?

Also...what's on the menu and are they using real plates or paper ones? And what day is the "do"? I could (quite easily) be washing my hair.

In addition, I can't go on Saturday because it's Manchester Pride and they're unveiling the Queens for the UK Drag Race. This is both true...and Best. Excuse. Ever.
                        Last edited by TriBel; 21-08-19, 02:22 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

TriBel I really think you are over complicating this game

Now if we were picking a table for other people, I'd pick Table 8 for you, the heavyweight table. I think The Mayor would be marvellous company and desperate for someone like you to talk to, while he was stuck with the others. Now the other three would be interesting subjects to study so I think you'd have a great time learning all about them, while schmoozing with Richard If it all go too much you could pop over to Table 7 and be serenaded by Lorne

Comment

Hard to choose without knowing if anyone at table 6 has a soul or not. Well actually, that means I for sure am picking table 1 because I want to be under slayer protection. I'm not even looking at Dru in case she tries to hypnotize me but that's going to be difficult since I'll also be trying to engage in witty repartee at my table, spy in Spike every chance I get and avoid Dru's eyes. Triple tasking!

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

@Priceless Table 8 looks fine - particularly since a) Richard hasn't been invited and b) don't fix me up with him because I'm taking Lucifer as my Plus One. Bear with - this could be interesting. Think of the shade the original serpent could throw at the Mayor. In addition, Satan AND Adam at the same table? After the Eve fiasco? Warren? Lucifer would ensure he never achieved God status, establish what he truly desired and solve the mystery of Katrina's death. Illyria...they could reminisce about the good old days when humans were the slime beneath their feet. Sorted.

Why's Andrew in little letters? Was he an afterthought?

Tara's drawn the short straw. Does she know about Killow?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X