The Big Bad Buffy The Vampire Slayer Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TimeTravellingBunny

Raisin Bran cereal and how it relates to the themes of empowerment, exploitation and patriarchy.
    1. Keeps you regular (relate to heteronormative - via Butler? The abject - via Kristeva? Not enough bathrooms Private/Public binary in American culture)
    2. Bowl needs to be washed - likely exploitation of free female labour. Put in dish washer. Exploitation of the working class and division of labour (power factories/workers-bosses). As metaphor - relate back to Foucault.
    3. In context, voyeurism and the fetishization of the female body - Andrew and the male gaze.
    4. Fetishization of the male body - the female gaze?

Sorry - I'm stuck on point 4. Did James have his shirt on or off?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KingofCretins View Post
      I put the question about where Buffy moved after Season 7 under protest. I actually said Italy fishing for a right answer because I said there was NFW this was going to acknowledge the comics. 34/50 officially though.
      That was my thinking, too. "Nah, they probably mean that stuff from AtS. I guess we underestimated them!
      You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

All caught up.

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

TimeTravellingBunny

Again:
        I consider a superfan should have gotten 30 or more. I count 32-3.

I remember at least several times on Boards when I had to remind posters what actually happened in an episode or scene. The Buffy/Riley breakup scene readily comes to mind.

I remember more than several times when my response to something a poster posted was “rewatch the scene” or “rewatch the episode” because what the person was posting clearly wasn’t based on what the actual scene or episode contained.

The Buffy/Spike relationship for example is not fully understood unless one correctly remembers much of their interactions from “School Hard” (B 2.03) through BtVS S9.

BTW, it's been several years since I did a full BtVS rewatch. It's possibly been 2007 C.E. or 2009 C.E. when I rewatched the entire series. I forget.
        I didn’t say you needed a score over 40 or whatever.

But a score of over 30 or more demonstrates that you remember much or most of what happened in the Buffyverse.

I’ve watched and did a full rewatch of Battlestar Galactica at least 3 times since 2005 C.E. But I recently forgot what the robots on BSG were called. I had to look up and remember that they are called cylons. But I haven’t been debating BSG since 2005 C.E. and BSG can be summed up with
        Spoiler:
        It’s all because of ‘God’ and the ‘Adama line’ is so important only because a relative was so important in the ‘digital world’.

it's impossible to understand the themes and the relationships between the characters
        Details matter. For example, “Welcome to the Hellmouth” (B 1.01) gives the impression that the only reason Willow Rosenberg is unpopular is (a) the way she dresses and (b) her attitude and demeanor. By “The Witch” (B 1.03), Cordelia Chase is already talking to her as a somewhat equal.

That is a thread of Willow’s time in the Buffyverse.

For the Buffy/Spike relationship, details matter. Most seem to remember that Spike seems physically attracted to Buffy in The Bronze Scene in “School Hard” (B 2.03). But most seem to forget or not understand and/or acknowledge that Buffy seems physically attracted to Spike upon first seeing him (when she assumed he might be another ‘Angel figure’). She literally flips her hair. The ending scenes of “School Hard” (B 2.03) show that Drusilla and Buffy are ‘into’ Spike for essentially the same reasons. Buffy gets hot because Spike could have and would have killed her. Drusilla gets hot because Spike moves to and does kill the Anointed One.

Drusilla, Buffy, Harmony, Beck (if canon), Spider (if canon), and Morgan all are in love with Spike for essentially the same reasons.

US shop brands I'm not even familiar with as a non-American got closed in Sunnydale,
        Well, it would show you remember the details of the final moments of “Chosen” (B 7.22). For example, do you remember where the characters are placed in the final scene? Which were the last two characters in the frame? Rewatching the scene, I forgot that Dawn was essentially equal in the last ‘4 shot’ as Willow.

Not to mention the extreme significance of which US country singer owns shares in some of the companies that funded BtVS. Riveting. It's impossible to understand Buffy's arc without knowing about Dolly Parton.
        Who actually owns the Buffyverse has always been very important. Without Dolly Parton and Sandollar, there’d perhaps be no BtVS TV series.

Joss Whedon when he did the BtVS movie wasn’t rich enough and/or savvy enough to retain control of the characters he created for the movie. That’s why the Kuzuis were involved with the TV series. Sandollar is involved in the reboot because Sandollar owns part of the TV Buffyverse.

Joss Whedon’s power regarding the Buffyverse outside of Melaka Fray has always revolved around his power to declare something canon because of the viewers attachment to the idea of ‘The Whedonverse’.

The viewers attachment to the idea of Sarah Michelle Gellar is Buffy Anne Summers has been important and the reason the last reboot idea failed and the reason this new reboot will perhaps fail.

SMG didn’t have such power during the run of the TV Buffyverse. Buffy/Angel was popular. Spike and Spike/Drusilla was popular. Faith was popular. When David Boreanaz got his spin-off, BtVS was sustained on the popularity of Spike, Buffy/Spike, Willow, and Willow/Tara. After BtVS S6, all it had is essentially Buffy/Spike and Willow.

The TV Buffyverse could survive without Buffy. It seems it couldn’t survive without Spike and that’s why Spike was needed for AtS s5 to exist and why Spike was going to be in the FtVS spin-off.

And James Marsters’s loyalty to Sarah Michelle Gellar is the only reason “Dawn the Vampire Slayer” and “Faith the Vampire Slayer” were never credible threats to SMG as long as SMG wanted to continue doing the BtVS TV series.

I consider knowing certain “behind the scenes” things is important to fully understanding the Buffyverse.
        Last edited by MikeB; 23-08-18, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Nina
          Sadly enough I'll have to leave.... only 25 answers were right. I'm a disgrace for the fandom.

^^
          You still did better than I did. I am sorry, but you will have to stay

flow
          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

34/50

However three I chose the right answer then changed my mind, and two I completely misread. I misread the Cheese man question, I thought it said how many dreams did he appear in (which I ironically would have got right if it did say that.

sigpic
            ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

http://whatculture.com/tv/youll-neve...er-quotes-quiz

Another Buffy quotes quiz. I got 80%

- - - Updated - - -

https://whatculture.com/tv/the-harde...ayer-quiz-ever

I did better on this one, 90%

Comment

I got 95% on that one. I wasn't surprised at the one I got wrong as it was the one I wasn't sure on and, evidently, didn't guess well.

Comment

Working...
                X