Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

What's On Your Mind?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was only 3 chapters. I noticed the threesome right away, what with it being the whole plot and all but I read the whole thing mainly out of confusion. It was a spuffy story in the sense they were a couple and it ended with Buffy walking in in the three of them having breakfast and accepting their relationship as being no less valid than hers and spikes. I think the most surprising scene was when Tara gave up her gold star status to Giles. I can honestly say that is not something I imagined in my wildest dreams. At least Willow liked Oz and found guitar playing Giles attractive, you could say there was some canon to launch off there but TARA?

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• “Sections in the bookstore

- Books You Haven't Read
      - Books You Needn't Read
      - Books Made for Purposes Other Than Reading
      - Books Read Even Before You Open Them Since They Belong to the Category of Books Read Before Being Written
      - Books That If You Had More Than One Life You Would Certainly Also Read But Unfortunately Your Days Are Numbered
      - Books You Mean to Read But There Are Others You Must Read First
      - Books Too Expensive Now and You'll Wait 'Til They're Remaindered
      - Books ditto When They Come Out in Paperback
      - Books You Can Borrow from Somebody
      - Books That Everybody's Read So It's As If You Had Read Them, Too
      - Books You've Been Planning to Read for Ages
      - Books You've Been Hunting for Years Without Success
      - Books Dealing with Something You're Working on at the Moment
      - Books You Want to Own So They'll Be Handy Just in Case
      - Books You Could Put Aside Maybe to Read This Summer
      - Books You Need to Go with Other Books on Your Shelves
      - Books That Fill You with Sudden, Inexplicable Curiosity, Not Easily Justified
      - Books Read Long Ago Which It's Now Time to Re-read
      - Books You've Always Pretended to Have Read and Now It's Time to Sit Down and Really Read Them”
      ― Italo Calvino, If on a Winter's Night a Traveler

This helps explain why my house is full of crap! Sometimes I hate myself... Someone needs to make a similar list for DVD and Record shops!
      sigpic

Comment

• I have a shelf (just one mind) that is groaning with unread books. All I read nowadays is fanfic. I've tried reading actual books but I keep wondering when Spike's going to turn up

Comment

• Write him in in the margins.

Comment

• I listened to "Waiting for the Sun" today (The Doors album) and now I want to make a Spuffy vid to "We Could Be So Good Together". Not going to happen though
            https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• I found two boxes of CDs under a spare bed. I don't remember buying half of them - some were still in the wrapping. I spent all day sorting - deciding which to burn, which to keep, which to sell etc. - moving them from one pile to another. In the end I ran out of patience and dumped them all in a charity bin.

Priceless

I have a shelf (just one mind) that is groaning with unread books. All I read nowadays is fanfic.
              I have 39 shelves; upended apple crates in one room and 15 under-bed boxes fill of books and DVDs - half of which are unread/unwatched. All I do is read fanfic and watch Lucifer! THAT'S why I hate myself...

Double Dutchess:

I listened to "Waiting for the Sun" today (The Doors album) and now I want to make a Spuffy vid to "We Could Be So Good Together".
              Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! I need to be distracted from everything I haven't done.
              sigpic

Comment

• I vote do it too!

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

• Believe me, it's not that I don't want to...

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Dutchess View Post
                    Believe me, it's not that I don't want to...
                    What's holding you back?

Comment

• The new Ori!!!

Comment

• Double Dutchess:

Believe me, it's not that I don't want to...
                        Is it real life DD? Is that what's stopping you? Are you caught in a landslide? No escape from reality? Life should never intervene between you and your art. Art transcends all. There's national pride at stake here. Where would The Netherlands be if all its artists stopped to let life take its course? No Girl with a Pearl Earring; no Starry, Starry Night; no...Matisse inspired Miffy*...

Dick Bruna...I want a Spuffy video in the style of Dick Bruna (please). Here's something to inspire you:

This started off tongue-in-cheek but now I'm wishing I was talented enough to make it so...

*I only learned that today!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                          Is it real life DD? Is that what's stopping you? Are you caught in a landslide? No escape from reality?
                          Yes, yes and yes (assuming we're talking metaphorical landslide here). That and the 10+ other vid ideas I have no time for, plus the one in progress that has been standing still for at least a year now. And now you also make me want to do one in the style of Dick Bruna! Curse you, Tribel, for adding to my frustration Btw I didn’t know either that Matisse was his inspiration.

Comment

• Double Dutchess:

Yes, yes and yes (assuming we're talking metaphorical landslide here).
                            Actually, for some unfathomable reason, I was quoting Bohemian Rhapsody. Don't ask me why - I've no bloody idea! I'm more than willing to blame it old age. Perhaps there's a point in the human life cycle when every idea in your head comes out as a song lyric? I was hoping for Cohen...there's a limit to the amount of meaning that can be conveyed by "Scaramouch, Scaramouch will you do the Fandango".
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                              Actually, for some unfathomable reason, I was quoting Bohemian Rhapsody.
                              I know

Perhaps there's a point in the human life cycle when every idea in your head comes out as a song lyric?
                              I don't know about human life in general, but for vidders this is pretty much the normal state of affairs.
                              Last edited by Double Dutchess; 10-06-19, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Why is my house full of crap that doesn't, and never has, belonged to me (albeit I might have paid for it)? Why have I got:

A flute?
                                1000s of Pokemon, X-Files, Nintendo cards from the 90s?
                                Various games machines; bits of various games machines; various games for various games machines?
                                A complete run of Studio Ghibli DVDs and various other animes?
                                Boxes of psychology books?
                                Collars, balls, rocks and various toys belonging to various now deceased pets?

How come kids move out but their shite doesn't?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X