Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

No HTML

HTML is turned off for security reasons.

Please do not use html in your posts or messages. If you are copy and pasting something from another website and you are having problems with it showing, then it may have html in it. This could be in the form of a website link or a viewable image or an emoji or a special chacter. I am not sure this is the reason we have errors posting.

Some html code can be simply swapped with our Bulletin Board code by changing the greater than/ less than signs with bracket signs. Other BB code needs to done using the buttons in the advanced post editor.
2 of 2 < >

Home Page

The home page address has changed to: http://buffyforums.net/forums/
Please update your bookmark. Otherwise, the home page does not show you are logged in and/or will not let you type into the log in box in the top right. The link at Buffyforums.net to the forums has not yet been updated. So you will experience the error when you enter the forum through that link.
See more
See less

What's On Your Mind?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Thanks debbicles. It was a tough decision but I've decided not to take him. I do feel guilty, but that'll pass
    Well, flow is right. No real reason for you to feel guilt, but it's too easy to take it on irrationally. And flow is also right about cats. They are rather lovely creatures, if you like them, that is.
    You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

Comment

• Ignore them Pricey. Do we ever see Spike with a kitten? Do we ever see Spike with a puppy? I rest my case.

I've just eaten a Dairy, Wheat & Gluten Free Cherry Bakewell Wholesome Fruit & Nut Bar. It tasted like mouthwash. I'm going to distance myself from the memory by eating Jam Roly-Poly and Custard. You know where you are with Jam Roly-Poly and Custard.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TriBel View Post
        Ignore them Pricey. Do we ever see Spike with a kitten? Do we ever see Spike with a puppy?
        Traumatic reminder that's all...

https://buffy.fandom.com/wiki/Miss_Sunshine

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
          Traumatic reminder that's all...

https://buffy.fandom.com/wiki/Miss_Sunshine
          Yes - I remembered that scene. The point I was making was Spike has a dog - albeit temporarily - but I'd forgotten about the damn kitten-currency in Life Serial!
          sigpic

Comment

• It's snowing!

Comment

• Two things on my mind. First @flow - did you put your compatriots up to this?

Sir, Without your great nation, this continent would not be what it is today: a community defined by freedom and prosperity. After the horrors of the second world war, Britain did not give up on us. It has welcomed Germany back as a sovereign nation and a European power. This we, as Germans, have not forgotten and we are grateful.

Because we realise that the freedom we enjoy as Europeans today has in many ways been built and defended by the British people, we want Britons to know that we respect their choice. And should Britain wish to leave the European Union for good, it will always have friends in Germany and Europe. But Britons should equally know that we believe that no choice is irreversible. Our door will always remain open: Europe is home.

Britain has become part of who we are as Europeans. And therefore we would miss Britain. We would miss the legendary British black humour and going to the pub after work hours to drink an ale. We would miss tea with milk and driving on the left-hand side of the road. And we would miss seeing the panto at Christmas. But more than anything else, we would miss the British people — our friends across the Channel. We would miss Britain as part of the European Union, especially in these troubled times. Therefore Britons should know: from the bottom of our hearts, we want them to stay.

And secondly, this:

https://www.indy100.com/article/mich...box=1547744682
              sigpic

Comment

• What a ridiculous subtitle error, and it didn't even sound vaguely like Batman.

Comment

• TriBel:
                  First @flow - did you put your compatriots up to this?
                  I swear, I have nothing to do with this! I actually think, the mood in this country is more or less "If they wanna get out, what the heck are they waiting for?." It sounds rather pathetic, to be honest. And why would anybody miss driving on the wrong side of the road?

flow
                  ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
                    I actually think, the mood in this country is more or less "If they wanna get out, what the heck are they waiting for?."
                    Which surely just illustrates why those that govern should govern and not ask such important things of the masses. Extricating ourselves is an unbelievably complicated process that involves trying to assess an incredible mass of policies/processes, establish/negotiate new ones and try to start to unpick/consider (let alone manage!) the huge ramifications not just for trade, medication, travel etc but for people that live in this country from others and brits that live outside of it. It's an absolute red hot mess.

And why would anybody miss driving on the wrong side of the road?
                    Last edited by Stoney; 18-01-19, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• flow:

If they wanna get out, what the heck are they waiting for?
                      If the BBC subtitlers are to be believed, we're holding out for a hero (and not some a-hole with floppy blond hair):

sigpic

Comment

Two things on my mind. First @flow - did you put your compatriots up to this?

Sir, Without your great nation, this continent would not be what it is today: a community defined by freedom and prosperity. After the horrors of the second world war, Britain did not give up on us. It has welcomed Germany back as a sovereign nation and a European power. This we, as Germans, have not forgotten and we are grateful.

Because we realise that the freedom we enjoy as Europeans today has in many ways been built and defended by the British people, we want Britons to know that we respect their choice. And should Britain wish to leave the European Union for good, it will always have friends in Germany and Europe. But Britons should equally know that we believe that no choice is irreversible. Our door will always remain open: Europe is home.

Britain has become part of who we are as Europeans. And therefore we would miss Britain. We would miss the legendary British black humour and going to the pub after work hours to drink an ale. We would miss tea with milk and driving on the left-hand side of the road. And we would miss seeing the panto at Christmas. But more than anything else, we would miss the British people — our friends across the Channel. We would miss Britain as part of the European Union, especially in these troubled times. Therefore Britons should know: from the bottom of our hearts, we want them to stay.
                        Lol, that reads like a desperate attempt to get laid.

Does it work?

Comment

• Klaus Kartoffel:

Lol, that reads like a desperate attempt to get laid.
                          Does it work?

To be honest, I didn't need persuading, I voted to get laid stay but I can't see the following signatures cutting it with Leavers: "Kramp-Karrenbauer... politicians including Andrea Nahles, the leader of the Social Democratic party, the Greens co-leaders and the head of the German parliament’s foreign affairs committee...the president of the Federation of German Industries and senior executives at Daimler and Airbus, as well as sporting and cultural figures such as the former German footballer Jens Lehmann and the singer Campino".

Now if Iron Man or Agent Coulson had signed it......

It's a weird letter...I wonder if it's a double bluff? Ask them to stay in a letter guaranteed to drive them away?
                          sigpic

Comment

• TriBel:
                            It's a weird letter...I wonder if it's a double bluff? Ask them to stay in a letter guaranteed to drive them away?
                            Aww, you give us too much credit. We`re not that smart.

Now if Iron Man or Agent Coulson had signed it......
                            Unfortunately they`re not German. Are there any German Superheroes at all? I can`t think of any.

If the BBC subtitlers are to be believed, we're holding out for a hero (and not some a-hole with floppy blond hair):
                            Maybe you could borrow Nany Pelosi? If Donald Trump allows her to leave the country ...

but I can't see the following signatures cutting it with Leavers: "Kramp-Karrenbauer... politicians including Andrea Nahles, the leader of the Social Democratic party, the Greens co-leaders and the head of the German parliament’s foreign affairs committee...the president of the Federation of German Industries and senior executives at Daimler and Airbus, as well as sporting and cultural figures such as the former German footballer Jens Lehmann and the singer Campino".
                            There`s nothing wrong with Campino ....

Stoney:
                            Extricating ourselves is an unbelievably complicated process that involves trying to assess an incredible mass of policies/processes, establish/negotiate new ones and try to start to unpick/consider (let alone manage!) the huge ramifications not just for trade, medication, travel etc but for people that live in this country from others and brits that live outside of it. It's an absolute red hot mess.
                            I am sure, it could easily be done with a clean cut. The negotiations regarding the German reunification lasted less than a year. Of course there would be consequences and the blow wouldn`t be softened by carefully negotiated treaties. Issues have been mentioned here on this very board, like the problem of how to recieve a much needed medication in future. But if there would be a consensus, that those hardnesses have to be endured to reach the desired goal, you folks could go through with it and maybe it would even bring you closer together. Or they`d make you see the wrongness of your decision :-). The real tragedy is, that the vote was so very close and actually half of the British people never wanted the Brexit, but still have to bear the consequences now. There is a rift you will have to overcome in the years to come and it won`t be easy.

flow
                            Last edited by flow; 18-01-19, 06:57 PM.
                            ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• flow:

There`s nothing wrong with Campino ....
                              I googled and - as expected - I got strawberry and cream sweets before I got a shirtless man with red hair. Is that him?

Are there any German Superheroes at all? I can`t think of any.
                              Hmm...depends on your political inclinations ...there's HYDRA but personally I prefer Coulson and Ironman.

Serious point: I think there should be one. Get a petition up.
                              Last edited by TriBel; 18-01-19, 06:55 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

I googled and - as expected - I got strawberry and cream sweets before I got a shirtless man with red hair. Is that him?
                                That's him. You don't understand the lyrics (unless you speak German?) but they kind of remind me of the letter, figuratively speaking. The imagery should suffice, though (hint: the sexy woman is Britain. Campino is Germany). The song is from the 90s. Was a mega hit back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X