This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a thing of evil View Post
    I don't own any consoles these days, I game on my PC. Anyway, I didn't play the xbox game but I did play Chaos Bleeds, I replayed it, like, last year, on an emulator. I like that game. Games based on TV shows are usually not very good, I mean, let's be honest, it's all mostly shovelware but Chaos Bleeds is actually decent. The combat is...it's OK, really, not great, not terrible. It's easy enough that you can button mash your way through it but the hand to hand characters ( Buffy, Faith, Spike ) have some really cool advanced moves. Willow has spells and I love how powerful she is in that game, she's basically a full-blown turbo-witch. And she still can do basic melee attacks so it's possible to go all magic was a mistake, it's nothing but trash and just beat the crap out of vampires. As Willow. While she's dropping one-liners. It's absolutely hilarious. And Xander! Xander gets weapons, like, he's got a water gun with holy water! Why wasn't that in the TV series?! The story's pretty good too. It's a better season 7 ( first evil is the big bad ) than the actual season 7. The past big bads don't just make a cameo, you actually fight some of them. It's pure fan service and it's awesome. Faith fights Kakistos. Spike battles Adam. Xander faces Anyanka. Buffy fights the Ripper! And his zombie-bears, I kid you not! And Willow! Willow battles vampire Tara, Amber Benson dropping raunchy lines, sultry voice and all that. It's a total riot.
    I play games on my (Xbox One X) I really enjoyed reading your description on 'Chaos Bleeds' admittedly I have so many good memories playing on both of those games.

I enjoyed the missions 'Downtown Sunnydale' , The Quarry House, Sunnydale Mall and The Cemetery' but, my most enjoyable was The Quarry House I really enjoyed playing Faith and playing Willow in fact, it was truly new and different comparing to the first game on the Xbox. Yes! Xander gives Buffy a gun that holds the flame and holy water in the first game I like that weapon especially at times when you get overwhelmed by baddies.

Something about the first game on Xbox that I prefer I think it was the combat when you stake the enemies you have this realistic animation that it does feel that you actually stake them. So many nostalgias I remember getting the first Xbox just for that game alone! for Christmas.

Your best RPG? Your best Action and adventure?

Comment

My 6-year old had his first ever english lesson in kindergarten yesterday and he came home saying "Sit down, please" and "Thank you" and he was as proud as if he`d won an olympic gold medal ;-)

flow
      ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

It sounds like he's more polite than my six year old manages often.

The board is so active at the moment it's great to see after so much quiet around here. With the rewatch getting going again too I hope it continues and draws in even more posters (I started rereading OMWF last night to get back into the zone with it all, and to bring myself back up to date for Aurora posting the final parts). I'm pretty sure I can't keep up with it all though, which is a good and a bad thing.

Comment

It would be great if the board could attract more people. There are so many Buffy and Angel fans out there, I'd love to hear what they all have to say

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            It would be great if the board could attract more people. There are so many Buffy and Angel fans out there, I'd love to hear what they all have to say
            I don't know how search engine optimisation works. If you google 'buffy discussions' we're the fifth result, which can't be bad. I was also pleased to see it links to the main forum page rather than the outdated home page.

I'm not sure how people find/search for these things in the main. Have formats like Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook taken over now? I don't think the kind of discussions/conversations we have on here seem to fit the comments people make about the conversations they see on the social sites. It's hard to know what, if anything, can be done to draw in others that might join in. It would be great to get the fanart section buzzing again too. buffylover has done lots on this section after it faded further to try and revive it, including working on the tumblr page, but without bodies visiting, some good/regular footfall, what can be achieved seems limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
              I don't know how search engine optimisation works. If you google 'buffy discussions' we're the fifth result, which can't be bad. I was also pleased to see it links to the main forum page rather than the outdated home page.

I'm not sure how people find/search for these things in the main. Have formats like Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook taken over now?
              I very much doubt that. Twitter is extremely unsuited to any kind of discussion, Facebook is just slightly more suited, neither are known for big fandom discussions (as opposed to short daily news and statements), and Tumblr, which is most likely to have fandom discussions out of those three, doesn't have the best format for it either (as discussed in another thread). The now fallen-out-of-fashion and pretty much abandoned Livejournal was the only social network that could rival classic forums in that respect.

I would, however, add Youtube to the mix - it's, of course, very specific and different than any of the above, but Youtube reactions have become very popular, and there are more and more Youtube reactors who hadn't seen Buffy before choosing to do a Buffy watch. Comments under those videos (which sometimes result in long debates) are probably the most active I've seen Buffyverse fandom recently.

Torchwood Boy recently finished posting his Buffy reactions, which were quite popular. Unfortunately, due to his schedule, he had decided to do only a reactions to the limited number of episodes per season (it was supposed to be 7, but it was more than that in some seasons), with his friend and another YT reactor, Sesskasays, making the lists for him (she is a Buffy fan and is herself occasionally doing rewatch reactions for selected episodes - just a few per season). This resulted in a lot of frustration and angry comments by some fans, telling him he should have reacted to some other episodes (they didn't seem to get that he couldn't know in advance what any of them would be like), but most of the time, the comment section was fun. He ended up really loving BtVS, and even asked people if they'd want him to come back and do rewatch video reactions to all episodes, which may be in the cards eventually, but right now he's watching and reacting to Angel and has just posted the reaction to the pilot. I think he's going to be reacting to all episodes of AtS.

More recently, AfterShowReactions has also started watching and reacting to Buffy - she's not doing all the episodes, but most of them, as recommended by the viewers (she's now in season 3, and has announced she's only skipping 2 episodes, Dead Man's Party and Gingerbread), and TheMinarus is reacting to every episode and is now up to Reptile Boy. (I don't know why Prophecy Girl is missing from his playlist, I guess he forgot to add it - it's here). It was fun to hear some of his predictions for season 2 that were blatantly wrong (he thought Xander would become super badass and get together with Buffy eventually).

There are probably others as well - it seems Buffy reactions are quite a thing lately, which says a lot about the show's enduring popularity, as most shows that people choose to react to are current shows.
              You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Ah, yes, I had seen reference to Tumblr discussions recently. I've heard people in the past say that there is a lot more nasty bickering from shipping focus on the social media sites too. I'd hate to draw that kind of activity.

You'd have thought there would be a resulting interest in finding places to discuss more widely, ask questions, post ideas etc, rather than just comment on one particular person's reaction/thoughts. It's hard to know where to try and draw people from though as some places definitely only offer a lighter, more shallow level than we can get embroiled in discussing here. I'm just not sure how much of fandom want to explore the show thoroughly.
                Last edited by Stoney; 30-01-18, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Look - I have an icon. This is my first ever icon (please don't tell my place of work - I've been a Cluedo piece on the institution's website for over 20 years). I don't know whether I've arrived or capitulated.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TriBel View Post
                    Look - I have an icon. This is my first ever icon (please don't tell my place of work - I've been a Cluedo piece on the institution's website for over 20 years). I don't know whether I've arrived or capitulated.
                    And it's a pretty damn fine avatar too!

Is it from Just Rewards??

Comment

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
                      And it's a pretty damn fine avatar too!

Is it from Just Rewards??
                      Sigh...I've no idea! I reckon I could be "borrowing" it. I wasn't sure what the protocol was. I'm hoping that my message will make the owner feel sorry for me and let me keep it. Does that make me a bad person? TBH, I was quite surprised it uploaded!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh - Just Rewards! LOL! Yes it is! it's the "This is your fault" moment!
                      sigpic

Comment

Normally you'd get the OK from someone who has produced icons or they would have been made and openly offered for people to feel free to use I think. I'm not sure if there is an unofficial or official line on it.

Comment

@buffylover
                          Your best RPG? Your best Action and adventure?
                          Recently? Nier: Automata. All time? It's a toss up between Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Dark Souls.

Your best Action and adventure?
                          Recently - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. All time, Silent Hill 3.

@Stoney
                          Outside of traditional forums like this one and LJ/DW Buffy fandom is most active on tumblr and r/buffy these days. r/buffy is, like, the biggest BtVS forum right now, though obviously, it's a different vibe, different culture and whatnot.

Comment

I've always really loved it here, I'm not sure I'd want another place to go, I struggle to fit anything else into my spare time as it is, ha. It would be nice to see more people joining here, but there are other places I drop in on occasionally that I would hate to see this place turn into a version of. A lot of how a board feels comes down to who is on it I suppose and you never really know how it will evolve as people leave and others join. I should just be pleased there's more activity here/now and hope it continues to grow back up again without changing too much from what I love about it. I think I'm getting old enough that I'm becoming increasingly curmudgeonly about change.

Comment

Loving the new av TriBel. What made you decide to get one after all this time?

- - - Updated - - -

I am showing my ignorance here, but a thing of evil, what is 'r/buffy'?

Comment

@ Priceless - Aw Shucks - I felt at home so I decided I needed a face! And I'm now driven to quote my favourite lines from Spike: "I know that it's probably about to come crashing down but right now at this moment, if only for a moment, I am home". I'll stop there because the next bits about it being a dysfunctional home. Plus I was procrastinating because I didn't want to transcribe more questionnaires completed by people with very bad handwriting!

r/Buffy - Reddit Buffy?
                                Last edited by TriBel; 31-01-18, 12:32 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X