No announcement yet.

Film Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should have cast Lego Batman, he has more charisma. I mean hey, the dude's 'awesome'.

Comment

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri Just a fantastic film with some amazing performances. It manages to be funny while also incredibly moving. It's a story of real people dealing with terrible things, trying to cope with life the best way they know how10/10

Comment

I liked 3 Billboards a lot too, but did have a few problems with it. I mean it has this whole gritty realism thing going for it. However, a couple of things happen that just seem so unrealistic (only happen in a movie) to me that it kind of takes away from the movie.
        Spoiler:
        I mean a woman firebombs the sheriff's office and not even taken into custody/properly questioned? A deputy beats a few people up and throws one through a 2nd story window in broad daylight with plenty of witnesses and he's not arrested? Please!

Comment

Originally posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
          I liked 3 Billboards a lot too, but did have a few problems with it. I mean it has this whole gritty realism thing going for it. However, a couple of things happen that just seem so unrealistic (only happen in a movie) to me that it kind of takes away from the movie.
          Agree they were pretty unrealistic scenes, but for me it didn't take away from the overall meaning and beauty of the film. I think this was a character study of a group of bitter and angry people, and it worked really well, so I forgive the corners it cut to do that.

Comment

I was hoping to see Black Panther last night but it was sold out so I ended up watching death wish. Not the best movie in the world but I think I've seen every other Bruce Willis movie ever made so why not one more? Red sparrow was also sold out. Usually I prebuy tickets online but it was a first date with a new guy and I wanted to be able to leave after dinner and skip the movie if he was creepy. It was a pleasant evening so we saw the movie lol.

“I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpuffy View Post
              I was hoping to see Black Panther last night but it was sold out so I ended up watching death wish. Not the best movie in the world but I think I've seen every other Bruce Willis movie ever made so why not one more? Red sparrow was also sold out. Usually I prebuy tickets online but it was a first date with a new guy and I wanted to be able to leave after dinner and skip the movie if he was creepy. It was a pleasant evening so we saw the movie lol.
              GoSpuffy! Who cares about the movie, tell us about the date??

Comment

Hahaha middle aged and dating. Can't believe this is my life lol! But if the alternative is giving up and getting a cat I guess online dating is a better option

Comment

Hahaha middle aged and dating. Can't believe this is my life lol! But if the alternative is giving up and getting a cat I guess online dating is a better option
                  It's the main way people meet each other nowadays. Hope you're having fun, are you seeing that guy again?

Comment

What's wrong with having a cat? I have a cat and two dogs, I don't think they are going to stop me from dating, or trying to date, in any case.
                    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
                      What's wrong with having a cat? I have a cat and two dogs, I don't think they are going to stop me from dating, or trying to date, in any case.
                      It's just the stereo type. Old lady with lots of cats and nothing else. But who knows on the weekends she could be running kitten poker out of her parlour. It's the quiet looking ones that always get you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      It's the main way people meet each other nowadays. Hope you're having fun, are you seeing that guy again?
                      I think so. We talked about getting together next weekend but haven't made firm plans yet.

Comment

I think so. We talked about getting together next weekend but haven't made firm plans yet.
                        That's fantastic! Is he a Buffy fan? Keep us posted

Comment

He's a sci fi so I that's something. We both like LOTR and he really likes Dune which I read a million years ago and don't really remember other than big worms in desert.

Comment

Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle 2017 - I love the original, and this was not as good, but it was fun with a lot of good jokes. Thought it was very clever to change the sex of one of the characters within the game, I thought that worked really well. 7/10

Comment

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night and enjoyed it. I thought Kurt Russell was a great bit of casting for a believable match to Chris Pratt and the scripting made me laugh again at several points. But it wasn't as good as the first and I think there were pacing issues. I just really don't think it needed to be so long, it could have been a little tidier. My biggest disappointment though was, ooo, sorry, big spoilery comment to come...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...when Quill was betrayed by his father Ego and found out that Yondu, who had actually raised him, had indeed tried to save him from his father all those years ago and not simply saved him, as he'd believed, to use him as a thief, that they didn't just leave the contrast as successfully delivered to the viewer. It was clear that the biological father had proven to be unworthy/false and the one Quill had thought had kidnapped him for purely selfish reasons all those years ago was just trying his best (even if he didn't go about it in conventional/good ways) and was his true 'dad' and was revealed to lead him/support him and put him first. We saw all of that play out on the screen. So the subsequent dialogue which spelled it out for us both from Yondu and then from Quill when he paid his respects in front of the group before the funeral was totally unnecessary and actually took some of the impact away from the moment because it was patronising the audience and boring. They should have just shown us the different fathers contrast and then had the Ravagers coming to pay their respects imo.
                              And of course there was Groot, I just love Groot. So it wasn't the best, but it was an enjoyable continuation with good/established characters and when/if they do a third I'll definitely watch that too.

Comment

Dear Zachary (2008) Very moving and emotional documentary. The subject is wonderful, but I have to admit (and please don't hate me for this) the content was a little bit cloying, though I understand it's a love letter to a family, it was a little bit too much for me 5/10

Comment

Working...
                                X