No announcement yet.

Name 5 Movies That...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen The Prestige and Inception?
    You should also add The Illusionist.

05. The Ninth Gate

Name 5 movies that affected (in any way (small or big)) your view/s on your real life?
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
      Spoiler:
      It's just too much of a coincidence that Sammy and Leonard would have such similar things happen to them, and I'm not sure why Sammy's story would be given such prominence if it weren't really Leonard's. Leonard may have created another story in his mind out of the trauma.

I do think the wife is dead.

I suppose one can interpret things differently as well - I just think this explanation makes most sense.

Have you seen The Prestige and Inception?
      Spoiler:
      I always thought that Leonard could relate to Sammy which is why he was a prominent figure. Besides, Sammy couldn't learn from conditioning, Leonard could.

Yes, I have seen Inception but not The Prestige. I want to see it though.

Originally posted by Sky View Post

Name 5 movies that affected (in any way (small or big)) your view/s on your real life?
      1. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - I cried for three hours after this film because I just couldn't get my head around the poor boys. It's the one Holocaust film that majorly affected me. It opened my eyes and I just couldn't understand how the Germans were just so...well...evil.

sigpic
      ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

• 2. Ferris Beuller's Day Off

Following Ahm Shere's this makes me sound pretty shallow but this is the first film I can think of that had an effect on me. I fully embraced the notion of not conforming too much to society and people's expectations of me and that life is to be enjoyed and appreciated. I was 8 when it came out and probably about 11ish when I saw it but the sentiments are probably ones I would still hold to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ahm Shere View Post

Yes, I have seen Inception but not The Prestige. I want to see it though.
          I thought Inception was pretty predictable, I saw the 'twist' coming a mile away, particularly since it's the only thing that really makes the movie a bit more interesting. I mean, if it weren't for the ambiguity, when you see the basics of the plot, it boils down to:
          Spoiler:
          a group of high tech thieves - including the protagonist who's doing it to be able to get back to his children in USA despite having an arrest warrant on him for the murder of his wife that he didn't commit - and their employer try to manipulate an heir of a big corporation split up his father's empire, using his troubled relationship with his father; after a lot of trouble, they eventually succeed, and the protagonist is reunited with his children, happy ending.

The Prestige, however, really keeps surprising you many times with its twists and revelations.
          You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoney View Post
            2. Ferris Beuller's Day Off

Following Ahm Shere's this makes me sound pretty shallow but this is the first film I can think of that had an effect on me. I fully embraced the notion of not conforming too much to society and people's expectations of me and that life is to be enjoyed and appreciated. I was 8 when it came out and probably about 11ish when I saw it but the sentiments are probably ones I would still hold to.
            Not shallow at all, I'm with you 110%... there's a reason why (ahem ahem) "Ferris Bueller, you're my hero"

3. Into The Wild

The first time I saw this movie I had this intense urge to be near nature, to just get away from society and materialistic things and just be at one with the wild... Being that I was living in the city at the time the closest thing I had nearby was a duck pond . So I jogged down there, sat amongst the trees, and stared at the ducks for hours.. I've seen this movie a few times since then and every time I watch it, I just want to pack it all in and get away from society. The feeling generally only lasts a few hours but it's just an intense feeling I get, just wanting to be "free" from life.
            I've read the book and did a little research on Chris McCandless since seeing the film and I sort of see his point, maybe not to his extremes, but I do kind of get it.
            "I don't understand your crazy system!"

"... The alphabet?"

Comment

• 4. Dirty Dancing

It was the film that made me realise I wanted to be an actress...so I guess I have that to thank for my career choice which is a pretty big affect on my life

sigpic
              ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Comment

Working...
              X