• StateOfSiege97 your points are off, it should be

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 9
    Doc - Forever/The Gift - 1
    Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2 - 8
    Ted - Ted/Ted - 8
    https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• Double Dutchess

No, I just put the +/- signs in the wrong place...

Have edited...

Apologies...

Comment

• Originally posted by StateOfSiege97 View Post
        Then I promise to let it go—sobbing...
        I'd prefer Doc through personally too.

+ Doc
        - Ethan

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 6
        Doc - Forever/The Gift - 4
        Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
        05. Willy the Snitch
        06. Sweet
        07. Robin Wood
        08. Quentin Travers
        09. Catherine Madison
        10. Chantarelle/Lily/Anne
        11. Gnarl
        12. Billy Fordham

Results:
        Round 1 top three: Catherine Madison - Witch/Witch, Chantarelle/Lily/Anne - Lie To Me/Anne, Billy Fordham - Lie to Me/Lie to Me
        Round 2 top three: Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man, Doc - Forever/The Gift, Gnarl - Same Time, Same Place/Same Time, Same Place
        Round 3 top three: Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2, Robin Wood - Lessons/Chosen, Quentin Travers - Helpless/Never Leave Me
        Round 4 top three: Sweet - OMWF/OMWF, Ted - Ted/Ted, Willy the Snitch - What's My Line, part 1/Goodbye Iowa

FINAL ROUND - previous winners top three:

Comment

• vampmogs
          vampmogs commented
          Editing a comment
          The points all seem off here Stoney. Doc has jumped from 1 to 4 now

• Double Dutchess
          Double Dutchess commented
          Editing a comment
          No, it's correct, StateOfSiege had switched the + and - landing Doc at 3 points before Stoney posted (instead of at 1)

• I would try the outfit game happily if there were pics but I wouldn't be able to just recall them.

Comment

• (Sorry for keeping the game going in circles, but I really want to save Ethan)

- Doc
          + Ethan

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 7
          Doc - Forever/The Gift - 3
          Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
          05. Willy the Snitch
          06. Sweet
          07. Robin Wood
          08. Quentin Travers
          09. Catherine Madison
          11. Gnarl
          12. Billy Fordham

Results:
          Round 1 top three: Catherine Madison - Witch/Witch, Chantarelle/Lily/Anne - Lie To Me/Anne, Billy Fordham - Lie to Me/Lie to Me
          Round 2 top three: Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man, Doc - Forever/The Gift, Gnarl - Same Time, Same Place/Same Time, Same Place
          Round 3 top three: Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2, Robin Wood - Lessons/Chosen, Quentin Travers - Helpless/Never Leave Me
          Round 4 top three: Sweet - OMWF/OMWF, Ted - Ted/Ted, Willy the Snitch - What's My Line, part 1/Goodbye Iowa

https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• - Doc
            + Ethan

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 8
            Doc - Forever/The Gift - 2
            Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
            05. Willy the Snitch
            06. Sweet
            07. Robin Wood
            08. Quentin Travers
            09. Catherine Madison
            11. Gnarl
            12. Billy Fordham

Results:

Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• - Doc
              + Snyder

Doc - Forever/The Gift - 2
              Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2 - 9
              Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
              05. Willy the Snitch
              06. Sweet
              07. Robin Wood
              08. Quentin Travers
              09. Catherine Madison
              11. Gnarl
              12. Billy Fordham

Results:

You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

• TTB - I think we posted at the same time. Ethan starts at 8, and Doc at 2

What do we judge the outfits by? I mean, is it just I like this better than that? With the characters there was some depth to talk about, but I can't picture myself doing a Lorne over the clothes "Well, look at those clunky heels. Could you just die, crumbcake?!"

Shallow as it may seem, I like depth!
                Last edited by bespangeled; 06-04-20, 12:15 AM.
                Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• Voting with, I think, the adjustments for when bespangeled and TTB voted simultaneously.

- Ethan
                  + Snyder

Doc - Forever/The Gift - 1
                  Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2 - 10
                  Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
                  05. Willy the Snitch
                  06. Sweet
                  07. Robin Wood
                  08. Quentin Travers
                  09. Catherine Madison
                  11. Gnarl
                  12. Billy Fordham

Results:

Comment

• StateOfSiege97
                    StateOfSiege97 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will refrain from voting here, so as to not hold things up...
                    Just hear me sobbing in the background...

• I keep trying to think of different elements of the characters or episodes that we could vote on. I wondered whether we could compile a list of the sets in each episode and vote for how well used the settings were in each episode. So you could perhaps consider the scenes for tone, ambiance, creativity etc. As usual that would take quite a bit of compilation as each episode would need a list of the settings used through it.

Another alternative done in the past I think has been based on the writers. Grouping the eps each has written and coming up with a top selection for each to then pitch together in a final round. I think that is how that has worked, I'm not sure as I haven't personally participated in one of those I don't think.

Comment

• We could go through the characters - like top 3 Willow episodes. List episodes where Willow has a primary role, and then vote until we get to the top three. Do that with all the recurring characters, Giles, Buffy, Xander, Willow, Angel, Spike. We could even throw in Wesley and Faith. Then decide which of the episodes we like best.

Comment

• Originally posted by bespangeled View Post
                      We could go through the characters - like top 3 Willow episodes. List episodes where Willow has a primary role, and then vote until we get to the top three. Do that with all the recurring characters, Giles, Buffy, Xander, Willow, Angel, Spike. We could even throw in Wesley and Faith. Then decide which of the episodes we like best.
                      That might get more interesting results if we include every episode that the characters were in. Small appearances that are popular or significant even when they don't play a lead role in the episode might mean some unexpected ones shine. So the ones just out of the top 3 or 5 would probably end up being more interesting than the 'key' character episodes. Actually, in that sense there is an argument for kicking out the episodes that are considered each character's centric ones. Like we took out the supporting characters which had too main a role in this elimination because they would have predictably won the differing rounds.

Comment

• bespangeled
                        bespangeled commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think the big episodes will always be the winner. I mean look at who we ended up with in this game. I doubt Ted was an obvious choice. Robin Wood is far more obvious - bigger role, more important, more attractive, more drama. It's a perfect example of a big vs a small not ending with the obvious.In fact, I think we should just go for each season. We'll vote out episodes where the character has no role quickly.

Of course the game would take forever.

Seasons 1-7 for Buffy, Willow, Giles, and Xander. Seasons 2 - 7 for Spike. Seasons 1-3 & 7 - for Angel. We could add season 3-4 & 7 for Faith. Top 3 decided for each season - there will be overlaps. Then the top three of each character's seasons would be combined into the final game list. Right now, while we are stuck at home, I could use the distraction.

• I like the idea of that game.

I'm also fond of the writer's episodes game as well. That could prove interesting.

- Doc (thrown off tower)
                      + Snyder

Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2 - 11
                      Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
                      04. Doc
                      05. Willy the Snitch
                      06. Sweet
                      07. Robin Wood
                      08. Quentin Travers
                      09. Catherine Madison
                      11. Gnarl
                      12. Billy Fordham

Results:

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• - Snyder
                        + Ethan Rayne

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 8
                        Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2 - 10
                        Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
                        04. Doc
                        05. Willy the Snitch
                        06. Sweet
                        07. Robin Wood
                        08. Quentin Travers
                        09. Catherine Madison
                        11. Gnarl
                        12. Billy Fordham

Results:

Comment

• bespangeled I don't think the big episodes will always be the winner. I mean look at who we ended up with in this game. I doubt Ted was an obvious choice. Robin Wood is far more obvious - bigger role, more important, more attractive, more drama. It's a perfect example of a big vs a small not ending with the obvious.
                          But in part that is because we took out a lot of the main supporting characters so that there weren't ones in that would have a great advantage over those that appeared less. If we lost the key centric episodes for the characters then other appearances and smaller moments would definitely get to shine. I'd be interested in what episodes for Spike would be in the top five if ones such as FFL were taken out. I think Ted, Doc and Willy doing so well were more surprising, but the others in the top ten aren't as much. If characters like Anya, Wes or Amy, for example, had been included then the top twelve would have just been more predictable.

In fact, I think we should just go for each season. We'll vote out episodes where the character has no role quickly.
                          Hmm, but that's why I'm saying taking out their biggest episodes will get more thought and consideration onto their other appearances and impacts. The smaller moments or stand out scenes rather than the bigger ones of greater and more obvious character exploration.

But I like the idea of looking at each character so will go along with whatever the consensus is. I'd happily do a writers one too or general episode elimination again. There's always the chance that SpuffyGlitz might continue the prologue ending game at some point when she has the time to look at that again too. Really I'm happy to try any as I just like the elimination games as a light distraction in the day.

Comment

Working...
                          X