No announcement yet.

Supporting Characters Elimination Game pt2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, just popping in to say that as we're nearing the end of the game it might be a good idea for us to start brainstorming some other ideas for the next game?

I was thinking perhaps a - 'Best Character of the Season game'?

The idea is basically that each round is a different season starting with Round 1/Season 1 and we list every character that we can think of that appeared and then vote to say who was the star of the season. It's entirely up to the individual as to how they decide who to vote for but I guess the idea would be to reflect on what that character did specifically in that season, what storylines or scenes they had, their importance to the story arc etc and vote based on that.

We could maybe do a Top 3 and then play them off against each-other in the final round again.

Does anybody think that could work? Open to tweaks and suggestions or just a different game entirely?

The other idea I had was to do the best bad guy/monster of the season? So, again, each round is 1 season and we list every vampire/demon/Big Bad that appeared and then vote?

I'm open to anything?

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• - Doc
      +Ethan

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 7
      Doc - Forever/The Gift - 3
      Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2 - 8
      Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
      05. Willy the Snitch
      06. Sweet
      07. Robin Wood
      08. Quentin Travers
      09. Catherine Madison
      10. Chantarelle/Lily/Anne
      11. Gnarl
      12. Billy Fordham

Results:
      Round 1 top three: Catherine Madison - Witch/Witch, Chantarelle/Lily/Anne - Lie To Me/Anne, Billy Fordham - Lie to Me/Lie to Me
      Round 2 top three: Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man, Doc - Forever/The Gift, Gnarl - Same Time, Same Place/Same Time, Same Place
      Round 3 top three: Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2, Robin Wood - Lessons/Chosen, Quentin Travers - Helpless/Never Leave Me
      Round 4 top three: Sweet - OMWF/OMWF, Ted - Ted/Ted, Willy the Snitch - What's My Line, part 1/Goodbye Iowa

FINAL ROUND - previous winners top three:

[/QUOTE]

Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
        Hey guys, just popping in to say that as we're nearing the end of the game it might be a good idea for us to start brainstorming some other ideas for the next game?

I was thinking perhaps a - 'Best Character of the Season game'?

The idea is basically that each round is a different season starting with Round 1/Season 1 and we list every character that we can think of that appeared and then vote to say who was the star of the season. It's entirely up to the individual as to how they decide who to vote for but I guess the idea would be to reflect on what that character did specifically in that season, what storylines or scenes they had, their importance to the story arc etc and vote based on that.

We could maybe do a Top 3 and then play them off against each-other in the final round again.

Does anybody think that could work? Open to tweaks and suggestions or just a different game entirely?

The other idea I had was to do the best bad guy/monster of the season? So, again, each round is 1 season and we list every vampire/demon/Big Bad that appeared and then vote?

I'm open to anything?
        Not sure about best monster. You would have to get rid of the monster of the season. I mean, Angelus is the best monster ins season 2, etc. And since we just did best side character overall - it's kinda going over territory we already just did. If we include the scoobies and the vamps there aren't really many to choose from. No one is gonna say Ted is better than Angelus or Buffy.

Do you think we have matured enough to do best episodes per season without considering it a team sport? I'd love to start that all over and maybe we can get some of the newer people - including the people peering out of the woodwork.
        Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• + Doc
          - Ethan

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 6
          Doc - Forever/The Gift - 4
          Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
          05. Willy the Snitch
          06. Sweet
          07. Robin Wood
          08. Quentin Travers
          09. Catherine Madison
          11. Gnarl
          12. Billy Fordham

Results:
          Round 1 top three: Catherine Madison - Witch/Witch, Chantarelle/Lily/Anne - Lie To Me/Anne, Billy Fordham - Lie to Me/Lie to Me
          Round 2 top three: Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man, Doc - Forever/The Gift, Gnarl - Same Time, Same Place/Same Time, Same Place
          Round 3 top three: Principal Snyder - The Puppet Show/Graduation Day pt2, Robin Wood - Lessons/Chosen, Quentin Travers - Helpless/Never Leave Me
          Round 4 top three: Sweet - OMWF/OMWF, Ted - Ted/Ted, Willy the Snitch - What's My Line, part 1/Goodbye Iowa

Comment

• Originally posted by vampmogs View Post
            Hey guys, just popping in to say that as we're nearing the end of the game it might be a good idea for us to start brainstorming some other ideas for the next game?
            I agree that the problem with the best character of the season and monster/bad guy is that the main characters/big bads are going to be in such a stronger position than all the smaller ones, it could just be too predictable. I like the idea of comparing things within a specific season though and then putting each seasons' winners against each other. I'll try to think of an angle to it.

Comment

• Since we have been talking about our favorite Buffy outfit in the favourites thread how about a best outfit game? Either for each season or each character.

flow
              ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• Stoney
                Stoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry I just don't remember many of them, I'd have to look up every episode.

• Originally posted by flow View Post
              Since we have been talking about our favorite Buffy outfit in the favourites thread how about a best outfit game? Either for each season or each character.

flow
              I have no eye for clothes!

Comment

• Originally posted by flow View Post
                Since we have been talking about our favorite Buffy outfit in the favourites thread how about a best outfit game? Either for each season or each character.

flow
                i have an eye for clothes, but i don't see how
                far we could go with this, and i do not see it
                being very contentious in an interesting way:

the results on vampmogs' list have been
                fairly uniform, although, of course, it only
                asks about Buffy, does not touch on Willow
                or others...

Comment

• I'm sorry for Willy but hope at least Ethan can still be saved for the top 3.

- Doc
                  + Ethan

Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
                  05. Willy the Snitch
                  06. Sweet
                  07. Robin Wood
                  08. Quentin Travers
                  09. Catherine Madison
                  11. Gnarl
                  12. Billy Fordham

Results:

https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• I think you've all made valid points about the limitations of my ideas.

StateOfSiege97 I would be more than happy to do an outfit game because I sadly remember little details like that (lol) but I think it may be hard as I don't think a lot of people would necessarily remember the outfits vividly enough? I could be wrong of course?

bespangeled I would try and participate in the new version of the episode elimination game. I can't promise how often I would but I'd give it a shot. The only issue I'd see somewhat is that everyone has already listed their preferences in the other thread but I guess that doesn't rule out surprises in the game itself.

- Doc
                    + Ethan

Ethan Rayne - Halloween/A New Man - 8
                    Doc - Forever/The Gift - 2
                    Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
                    05. Willy the Snitch
                    06. Sweet
                    07. Robin Wood
                    08. Quentin Travers
                    09. Catherine Madison
                    11. Gnarl
                    12. Billy Fordham

Results:

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• Allow me this one last vote...

Then I promise to let it go—sobbing...

+ Doc
                      - Ethan

Ted - Ted/Ted - 8

Reset at remaining:

Eliminated
                      05. Willy the Snitch
                      06. Sweet
                      07. Robin Wood
                      08. Quentin Travers
                      09. Catherine Madison
                      11. Gnarl
                      12. Billy Fordham

Results:

Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 05-04-20, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• I think the outfit game might work if it includes pictures of the outfits. (It would get pretty image-heavy though -- maybe just links?)
                        https://www.youtube.com/c/DoubleDutchess

Comment

• [QUOTE=vampmogs;n692179]
                          StateOfSiege97 I would be more than happy to do an outfit game because I sadly remember little details like that (lol) but I think it may be hard as I don't think a lot of people would necessarily remember the outfits vividly enough? I could be wrong of course?/QUOTE]

I'd be up for this, if others are...

Would it just involve Buffy?

Or include the other women, especially
                          Willow, Cordelia... ?

I particularly love S3 Willow...

Extending it beyond them would be so
                          much work for the organizer...

Comment

• It could work but I think it would have to involve including screen caps for any outfit that isn't really well-known/iconic (like Prophecy Girl, Graduation Day, The Gift, Prom, The Gift) and I'm not sure how that would work with how the games are typically formatted (copy and pasting etc). It may indeed be too much work for the organiser.

~ Banner by Nina ~

Comment

• Maybe it's possible to work with a nomination system? People can nominate a certain amount of outfits, include a good picture and you post those in the first few posts of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X