Name 5 Movies That...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name 5 Movies That...

This used to be such a popular game that I really miss...I just hope the games section will be busy enough to not send it to the Dead Threads!

Simple game, basically you have a topic like Name 5 Movies That star Johnny Depp

And the next five people would post their answers. The person who reaches the fifth movie names their movie and then creates their own '5 movies topic'. For example;

Name 5 Movies That star Johnny Depp

Poster #1: Pirates of the Caribbean

Poster #2: Cry Baby

Poster #3: Edward Scissorhands

Poster #4: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Poster #5: The Ninth Gate

Also Poster #5: Name 5 Movies That have either won or has been nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture

NO SEQUELS!

Just a fun little game, and it is popular we can think about bringing back the also popular 'Name 5 TV shows that...!'

So, let's start off with

Name 5 Movies That have either won or has been nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture

sigpic
    ♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

Well, that's very easy. I'll only list some of Best Picture winners.

American Beauty (a rare one I actually loved and found to be deserving)
    Titanic (boo!)
    Argo (boo!)
    Slumdog Millionaire (boo!)
    Braveheart (double boo! what a horrible movie)

Why are so many Best Picture winners so bad?

Let's try something a little bit harder:

Name 5 movies starring non-Russian actors faking a Russian accent to play a Russian character.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
      Well, that's very easy. I'll only list some of Best Picture winners.

American Beauty (a rare one I actually loved and found to be deserving)
      Titanic (boo!)
      Argo (boo!)
      Slumdog Millionaire (boo!)
      Braveheart (double boo! what a horrible movie)

Why are so many Best Picture winners so bad?

Let's try something a little bit harder:

Name 5 movies starring non-Russian actors faking a Russian accent to play a Russian character.
      You're only supposed to provide one of the five and the person that provides the fifth gives the next category (which I hope isn't as hard as the one you're suggesting when it happens!!). So I'll put your first as answer number 1 and provide number 2 myself then someone else will have to provide number 3 etc...

Name 5 Movies That have either won or has been nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture
      1 - American Beauty
      2 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Comment

3. My Fair Lady

Comment

4. Lawrence of Arabia

I'm going to cheat now by pretending to be TimeTravellingBunny. I'll bring forward one of her answers and her question.

TimeTravellingBunny

5. Titanic (boo!)

(Stoney - Google is your friend! That aside, I think you could give a wrong answer without anyone knowing!)

1. Eastern Promises - Viggo Mortensen
          sigpic

Comment

I just asked the hubby who recognises accents. Seriously, they don't register with me it's a really weird void, I just don't hear them 90% of the time, even really heavy ones....

2. Red Sparrow - Jennifer Lawrence (apparently, we haven't even watched it)

Comment

3. From Russia With Love - Rosa Klebb played by Lotte Lenya

Comment

Priceless - using Bond movies is like shooting fish in a barrel!

4: Dolph Lundgren - Ivan Drago - Rocky IV. (Stoney: I've actually seen this AND Eastern Promises *smugface*)
                sigpic

Comment

5. Armageddon - Lev Andropov played by Peter Stormare. "Finally! I am real Russian hero!" Hands down, favourite character in Armageddon.

Name Five Moves That were orginally West End / Broadway shows.

Shows such as Ghost won't count as the film came first.

sigpic

Comment

1. My Fair Lady

Comment

Name Five Movies That were originally West End / Broadway shows.

2. Evita (dir. Alan Parker, 1996) from Evita (AL-W/TR, 1978)

(Changed to 2. because of Pricey - who's in more dire need of a life than me! )
                      sigpic

Comment

3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

sigpic

Comment

I'm becoming increasingly disturbed by the trivia that warrants gleeful or really excited emojis. I fear it's a sign of the superficiality of our time.

4. Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds

I've included this to initiate a discussion about innovation and intertextuality/adaptation (thus justifying my using this game to avoid doing real work).
                          sigpic

Comment

TriBel I'm ignoring your discussion about innovation and intertextuality/adaptation and going for

5. Carousel

Name 5 Movies That Were Directed By A Woman

Comment

1. The Hurt Locker

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X