No announcement yet.

True or False?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True. But . . . I believe the labour laws in the States mean that it's difficult to hire people under 18 to work full time and work the hours this show needed them to work, e.g night shoots. If you have one child actor, that's fine, you can shoot around them until they are needed, but this show had mainly child characters, they were the core group. It would have been impossible to keep the show on a full time schedule using children.

I believe all 'teen' shows used actors over 18 for this reason. I've just checked out Riverdale's cast and they're all in their 20's by the looks of it.

Statement - Dawn was a brilliant addition to the show

Comment

• True! Best character introduction and a character I have really grown to love and appreciate. She gave the opportunity to explore a different relationship dynamic and a different aspect of the existing characters. She was a superb addition.

Statement: Characters never behave 'out of character', they just do things and behave in ways that disappoints or confuses fans who don't want them to be that way (plus, everyone has times when they behave out of their own norms, but that doesn't mean that it isn't originating from a genuine aspect of their character less seen).

Comment

• True! Very true imo Stoney. There is very little that a character can do which I can't find previous evidence for, even if I don't like what they're doing.

Statement - Angel and Illyria's relationship is completely understandable when you consider Illyria is both 'father' and 'sister' (The God King & Fred) and appeals to Angel's two biggest psychological issues.

Comment

• False. I would say that Angel's biggest psychological issue is his depression. He does have father-issues though (don't think he is strongly affected by either his mother or his sister), which is probably one of the reasons for problems with authority. But I don't think that really plays a role in his relationship with Illyria. Not that there is much of a relation, probably because Angel had little time to spend with her and grieve for Fred (or Cordelia) because of that one vision he got in YW. He might have some issues with somebody who calls herself a God as a Catholic btw.

Statement: 'Hero' is the worst final episode a main character ever got.

Comment

• False. It's one of the greatest episodes of AtS and a great goodbye, if a sad one, for Doyle.

Statement: Buffy was at her best in S2.
            "Gay, straight, retarded, why do we have to put a label on everything?"

Comment

• False! Buffy is always at her best

Statement - Buffy loved Riley

Comment

• False! Riley was rebound guy. Buffy did care about him deeply in her own way but the reality is that Riley kept wanting more than she could give. He had such a different idea of what love meant that he was unable to feel loved by her. Her best wsn't good enough for him. And once he eft she really didn't have much of an issue with him being gone.

Statement: Oz was perfect...too perfect. His character was enjoyable but he had no real flaws, nothing to learn, no need to grow.
                Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Comment

• False. Oz was far from perfect; he was completely whipped by Willow, a bad guitar player, sarcastic to the point of insulting and so laidback that there are very believable theories out there about his apparent drug use. I think if Seth Green had not left suddenly in S4, we would have seen plenty of growth from Oz until his eventual planned departure at the end of the season.

Statement: Kendra was a bad stereotype and that's why she was killed off and replaced by the much more realistic Faith.

Comment

• Partly true. Kendra was a bad stereotype, but I don't think that's the reason she was killed off.

Statement - Sid the Puppet was a brilliant character and should have become a scooby

Comment

• Partly true Making Sid a Scooby would've ruined the magic of the character, but he could have been made a recurring, a bit like Ethan Rayne or Jonathan throughout the seasons.

Statement: The funniest characters on the show were also the most tragic.

Comment

• False. I thought the most tragic character was Tara, but I cannot remember her ever making me laugh.

Statement - Jonathan was used as a whipping boy and deserved so much better

Comment

• False. Buffy saved Jonathan two times and reached out for him. He should never had teamed up with warren and Andrew. He knew better. He just didn`t care. He got off far better than he deserved.

Statement: Ethan Reign was a human and should therefore have been rescued by the Scoobies.

flow
                          ................................ Banner by buffylover

Comment

• True! It really annoys me that he was killed off in the comics. I am hopeful that he might return in the new comics, maybe as Ethanie Rayne

Statement - Buffy and Spike's fight in Harsh Light of Day was basically them flirting

Comment

• All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

False. Spike clearly thought less of Buffy that she was dating Parker Abrams. And he clearly seems to consider Parker 'beneath' Buffy and Buffy desperate enough after Angel to have sex with Parker.

Buffy at this point doesn't make the Harmony Kendall equals Buffy Anne Summers substitute connection and is pissed at Spike during most of the fight.

STATEMENT: Angel drank so much from Buffy in "Graduation Day Part II" (B 3.22) because part of him wanted to be more powerful and knew her blood would accomplish that.

Comment

• False. There is nothing in the show that points in that direction nor is there a reason to believe that Angel has issues with Buffy being stronger than him.

Statement: It was weird that Cordy was suddenly gone after BtVS season 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X